If you think about it visual novels are just anime moving at lower frames per second

If you think about it visual novels are just anime moving at lower frames per second

Attached: misc_2519.png (808x624, 520.42K)

>If you think about it
That's on my not-to-do list.

>cute VN loli routes
that's the stuff

I vaguely remember relentless ads for this, I don't even remember where if it was here or ehentai or whatever

They're typically framed like stage-plays, actually, so you're not that far off.

I actually miss the times where VN adaptations where a thing. Now it's all just light novels. Even the most generic harem stuff ended up being fun when they were VN adaptations, like KoiChoco, H2O or Da Capo. or Mashiroiro Symphony

Are VNs just not getting adapted anymore? Also have there been any good ones in the last 5-7 years? I feel like I haven't heard about any stand out VNs in a long time except for the "classics" that every always mentions like F/SN, Ever17, YMK, etc

I imagine they are even less profitable these days with the boom of mobile games.

I should replay this and Raccetear.

Huh, never thought about it before but you're right

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't eroges/generally more explicit VNs relegated to the PC? Or are their eroge mobile games? Because if not I can't imagine those completely falling off otherwise

No VN adaptation has ever been good.

Thinking really isn't your forte broski

>YMK
Has never been a classic

Maybe not, but at least on Any Forums it's usually mentioned whenever someone talks about VNs

could somebody post the visual noggers' meme of a guy reading a book with the bottom text "yep, the gameplay's really good"

Attached: 1640643668339.png (2000x2000, 1.35M)

I want more VNs to get released on steam

Attached: 2022-01-15 14_54_50.jpg (1282x752, 274.5K)

>its not a classic because i say so :)
autism

>Haimura did the art for this
I wish he would draw for another eroge with his current style

Standouts have been coming at the same pace they always have. Check out the Utawarerumono sequels and Island. Both their anime adaptations suck and basically just spoil the actual VNs though.

He is right though.

Some of them have been adequate.

Attached: fate of an imouto.webm (480x320, 2.47M)

Blame valve for being so inconsistent on what gets on the platform.

Underwater Ray Romano was fucking great.

I guess it's just because I don't got to /jp/ at all then or Any Forums much anymore. Thanks for the recs though, I'll check them out.

While still not as good as the VN Steins;Gate was still a good adaptation.

A big chunk of Island is a mystery and even basic discussion spoils things so I suggest pirating it and going in completely blind.