"why buy manga when it is free online!!!"

>"why buy manga when it is free online!!!"

Attached: 5a46669b-b0b7-4a1c-8cc3-9f2812d23cbe.png (1114x1600, 76.22K)

what manga?

Just cope lol and honestly you should expect bad translations considering you are consuming it for free

It keeps getting worse: the picture

the worst part is when ESL vietgooks "translate" a manga and it's absolutely broken English to the point where the story makes no sense, but other TL groups refuse to touch the series because it's "already been translated"

Attached: 1422009961155.jpg (840x700, 96.18K)

Lately I've been giving chink shit a go and while some of it is interesting, this kind of shit is the norm. Lot of ESL translators shitting out the most broken English sentences ever conceived using the worst typesetting I've ever witnessed. And all the while, they beg for donations and constantly bitch about other sites scraping their work. It's not worth it. Makes me real, real tempted to just take their translations as a base and redo everything so that it's in the ballpark of coherent.

Attached: urushima_dekinai.png (323x332, 87.65K)

Technology. Ain't it grand?

look, all im saying is that a badly translated doujin is hotter

Is it acceptable to translate a doujin that's been untranslated for 3 years with DeepL and shitty japanese?

A real scanlator can expunge it down the road, but in the meantime at least people can read it right?

answer the question OP

Other scanlators most likely won't ever touch it once it has at least some sort of translation. Only popular ongoings might have different translators working on them simultaneously, for old stuff once it's done, it's done forever. With an exception of a random official release some time later.

Donations, eh? How about the paysites with such translations? I get that they simply copy the original subscription model, but it's still selling Google Translate output.

It is a great example why education is important and can't be skipped. That specific crowd of newcomers have the lowest bar because there's barely any examples to compare with, and barely any guidance. Whoosh, and we're back to 18th or 19th century, when writers routinely translated what they understood of the original, and made up the rest.

Deepl can be as broken as old school automatic translation, especially when there's something that it tries to treat like a syntax, like repeated parts of the phrases. It seems that you still need to understand the language to use the translation tool.

DeepL can be surprisingly alright for basic informational sentences, but it's nigh unusable for a casual conversation, which is usually the majority of text in a manga. It will absolutely produce a lot of unintelligible conversations. It's bad enough that I'm redoing the previously DeepL'd translations from scratch for a JP creator right now.

Scanlators remind me of the Icelandic translation of Dracula.

Attached: 1643192455702.jpg (1072x1920, 209.12K)

Just learn Japanese lmao

At least with fan translations you can get a feel for which groups are good and which are shit. With official translations it's a total grab bag of whether x series got the company's good or bad translators. There's Crunchyroll funded anime that have absolutely butchered subs from Crunchyroll themselves. You'd think they'd put in more effort there but no, some lines are damn near unintelligible and you can tell the translator themselves doesn't watch the anime because of all the failed guesses at context.
Also usually it's only shitty manga that get cases like OP. If the manga's worth it, somebody better will kick them out and take over.

yes as long as you tag it with "poor translation" on the panda

>I won't fix this shit TL because it won't give me epeen

why are scanlators like this?

too based to exist
>i dont know Italian yet im old.... with experience with SPIRIT

>write your own dracula fanfic and pass it off as official translation
How the fuck did he only get discovered decades later