Plagiarism in Anime

Specifically in anime music. Here are examples I found, with the first show mentioned using music that's at least in part stolen from music from the second show:

The ED of Fragtime, "fragile", uses a passage in the chorus that sounds the same as a passage in the ED of Chihayafuru season 1, "Soshite Ima".

The insert song "Nenme no Haru" from Kimi ni Todoke ends with a passage that sounds (with different instruments) like an insert song from Karekano played in episode 23 at the 10:30 mark.

The insert song "Tsuujiaeta Kokoro" from Oreimo begins with a passage that sounds like an insert song from Fuyu no Sonata played in episode 24 at the 7:50 mark. In this example I'm not sure who copied whom since the productions aired very closely together.

Are there any examples you can add? I'm just throwing this out there in case someone is interested and also as a memento for myself.

Attached: 2022-02-03_22.03.59.jpg (640x480, 271.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IVMQAyOgfyA
youtu.be/GrfPK1NFam4
youtu.be/TMbmJSqcPFU
youtu.be/CXW9KqRVa7E
youtube.com/watch?v=O375d0QxWBY&list=OLAK5uy_nyUuf_TcsafdrNm7jlbObq3AfjyvxX_XY&index=19
youtube.com/watch?v=wGjDEP7pQJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=an4Rx9eq6Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=qIRu8u-zCxs
youtube.com/watch?v=lid8iVvQNsA&list=OLAK5uy_mXTqbGfwHlGUaE2M3ESGrSzq4EHCX7oGM&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=MSSxnv1_J2g
youtube.com/watch?v=kx49kG6umiI
youtu.be/CIGHCoVzqtk?t=165
youtube.com/watch?v=MiU3yh04xDo
youtu.be/FgBwAEROVSw
youtu.be/JpXG833R8L0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How did you even trace these examples? I often think part of a song sounds familiar, but it's hard to pinpoint a source when the pool of music I've heard over the years is so huge.

Are some of these songs by the same production companies, maybe? If they hold the rights to both songs, that could explain why they're not worried about being obvious enough to get caught.

Kyashan's live action movie literally reused a song from Bleach's OST and I'm literally the only person on the internet who ever commented on that

I'm familiar with one song of each pair because it's in my anime music library and I recognized it in the other show. I've only tried to compare the composers with AniDB and I think some of those people just don't give a shit about stealing. It might be an Asian thing.

>samples DMC1 and the DMC anime music

Attached: 9315903.jpg (888x1024, 67.53K)

Does this count?
youtu.be/IVMQAyOgfyA
youtu.be/GrfPK1NFam4

Nice find

I remember hearing a while ago about how SSSS.Gridman plagiarized a couple scenes but idk if that user was correct and I'm too lazy to do any actual research. I trust someone here knows the scoop

original naruto ost rips off multiple rock & metal songs
rising fighting spirit rips off the main riff of promised land by primal fear
victory rips off the intro of now youre gone by whitesnake
beautiful green wild beast rips off jailbait by motorhead
rock lees theme rips off satisfaction by rolling stones

They copied the same shit every anime Obari has been on the staff for has for decades but Obari wasn't on the staff and nobody said anything to him so he went "what the fuck man"

I'm watching this show about a magic shopping arcade and during a mecha spoof episode they quite literally play the battle song from Evangelion.
Plus a song that is a couple notes off the original Star Wars theme.
10/10 episode for having the best pantie shots in history though.

youtu.be/TMbmJSqcPFU
youtu.be/CXW9KqRVa7E

Any direct examples? It's been so long since I've watched the Naruto anime.

Not sure if I'm missing a joke here but seeing as this is a Gainax show the Evangelion thing is intentional.

>Are some of these songs by the same production companies, maybe? If they hold the rights to both songs, that could explain why they're not worried about being obvious enough to get caught.
Its all about the composers not the companies

youtube.com/watch?v=O375d0QxWBY&list=OLAK5uy_nyUuf_TcsafdrNm7jlbObq3AfjyvxX_XY&index=19
youtube.com/watch?v=wGjDEP7pQJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=an4Rx9eq6Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=qIRu8u-zCxs
youtube.com/watch?v=lid8iVvQNsA&list=OLAK5uy_mXTqbGfwHlGUaE2M3ESGrSzq4EHCX7oGM&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=MSSxnv1_J2g

Macross zero was AWFUL about this.
youtube.com/watch?v=kx49kG6umiI

This is literally sampled from Klendathu Drop (2:45)
youtu.be/CIGHCoVzqtk?t=165

Then, not content to just rip off one, it goes straight into Kugai from Gasaraki (0:05)
youtube.com/watch?v=MiU3yh04xDo

I'm sure there's more in that track because it just sounds off and disjointed from beginning to end, but I'm not picking up what it's from. The entire OST is appallingly mediocre, especially for a franchise so focused on music.

Attached: Patlabor_the_Movie_2_(1993)_[1080p,BluRay,x264,DTS]_-_THORA.mkv_snapshot_00.58.22_[2014.01.26_03.00.05].jpg (1920x1040, 259.32K)

Gundam 0083 was pretty notorious about music theft, not even counting the blatant Top Gun music riffs.

youtu.be/FgBwAEROVSw
Darkman trailer, about 50 seconds in

youtu.be/JpXG833R8L0
Assault Waves (combat bgm in 0083)

both shows also have the same composer, Shiro Sagisu

Yes

I'm pretty sure it's not intentional but Macross DYRL is pretty much EVEN THE NIGHTS ARE BETTER NOW THAT WE'RE HERE TOGETHER. EVEN THE NIGHTS ARE BETTER NOW THAT I'M WITH YOU.

Anything by her.

Attached: yoko kanno.jpg (250x211, 7.54K)