Flying Witch

Why don't they just make their shoes or pants levitate, instead of carrying big ass brooms around?
It all seems very suboptimal to me.

Attached: 1630138199512.jpg (3543x2352, 1.67M)

>suboptimal
Go and try to hang your self so only pants carry your weight and report back retardo.

Because clothes or shoes will put pressure on the body. Broom is more like wand or staff, also you can use other things for levitation, even folding things.

Attached: witch parking.jpg (500x666, 56.97K)

You direct most of the force to the soles of your shoes and use the pants to maintain stability.
If standing on the ground in your shoes is fine, then flying in them should also be fine.

The nature of the catalyst is important, otherwise why not make all your potions out of nohing but water? Obviously there's something particular about brooms that makes them well suited for the flying spell.
It's not just brooms though. Carpets too, and a motorcycle. You probably could just use your clothing as the focus if you wanted, but if it's less well suited to the nature of the spell it would probably take a lot more energy and be more difficult to cast.

It's not this though. The way flight works in Flying Witch you just levitate your whole body via the broom. Trying to just sit on it while it floats gives you very awkward pain.
Someone post the clip, I don't have it.

Because when used properly the broom is a tool to make yourself float, not a vehicle. Anyone who read the source or watched the anime would know that.

Attached: FW_V02_010_090-091.jpg (4153x3056, 3.06M)

>Anyone who read the source or watched the anime would know that.
You didn't even read the page you posted.

>tries to argue
Take your 'L' and go home.

>Take your 'L'
Are you a child?
Pic related is the question OP is asking, which you somehow didn't understand despite your cockiness.

Attached: 1614857117351.jpg (322x349, 35.05K)

Pigs, like you, are also tools, user.

>"the vulgar believe, and the witches confess, that on certain days or nights they anoint a staff and ride on it to the appointed place or anoint themselves under the arms and in other hairy places."
>So, these psychosensory experiences of flying were associated with boiled up hallucinogenic plants applied to the vulvovaginal area with a broomstick, probably used to mix the concoction.

Attached: 1617553901062.png (776x720, 429.46K)

Then why not make your shoe soles out of carpet or broom?

I'd imagine controlling the movement of one thing is easier than three with finicky balance.

You can just make the force go in a fixed direction in relation to the sole and then fly like you're wearing jet shoes.

Shoes made of carpet are not "a carpet"
Don't fuck with magic on a technicality, it will never go well for you. That's true across basically every setting where magic exists.

Dork witch

Attached: 1900906800.png (1044x1106, 649.45K)

>Shoes made of carpet are not "a carpet"
Why not?

Working on her banana handling skills, I see.

Because whatever rules exist that govern magic don't like smartasses, so if you try and cheat suddenly you realise you can't wear any shoes without trying to float into space or something along those lines. If there's one constant with magic it's that it loves poetically ironic punishments

>Because whatever rules exist that govern magic don't like smartasses,
That's not a reason. That's just you doubling down on the judgement that I have broken whatever rule you are imagining.
Either you give an actual reason or you are just full of shit.
>you can't wear any shoes without trying to float into space
All you have to do is float at a height of 0 meters, and you have no problems.

Not that user.
The point is that they focus their centre of gravity on something other than themselves, i.e, a broom or even a pig. Do you not see how it would be more difficult to do that with something that's still attached to you, like shoes?