Story starts off good

>Story starts off good
>Author runs out of ideas and it collapses in on itself

Why does this always happen with Jap fiction? Do they not have editors over there?

Attached: overlord 4.jpg (1735x2560, 517.8K)

I think that's just how isekai is supposed to work. I don't think I've ever seen a single one with a clear plot structure and an end goal it consistently builds towards.

>Do they not have editors over there?
i japan, dditors are usually the ruination of series, for the most part. Do you not know how they work?

It was never good to begin with you're just stupid.

It happens in western fiction too.

Technically Konosuba has the end goal of defeating the Demon King, and every time they defeat a new general it's building towards it

>Author runs out of ideas and it collapses in on itself

According to him its piracy that did it

And it actually ends when he dies too

This, discount Acererak is boring

The material for the first season is a pretty nice story about a man dealing with his past and memories of his former friends in an MMO guild. It ends quite climactically too, with him defeating the strongest of their metaphorical children with his life on the line. Tons of plot threads were left dangling, but it was satisfying.

Problem is that was the strongest climax in the story and nothing ever came close to it. It's clear the story was building up to nothing and that little arc was everything the author had ever planned for. The only thing he could do afterwards was waste the reader's time.

Nah, he is fun precisely because he is discount Acererak/Vecna and I really don't think you can find a series that gets nearly as close to D&D in general and the shitfest that is 3.5 in particular
It is sorta just Book of Vile Darkness: the Anime Series, shit is great

Attached: alchoon.jpg (400x530, 74.98K)

That's the problem of pretty much every single isekai that isn't: ReZERO, Konosuba, Youjo Senki, Mushoku Tensei

the story just keeps building up to nothing, there is at most one arc with everything that was planned and everything else is a poorly written waste of time

It's commercialized fanfic by people that could barely graduate highschool

I bet on hero shield being the worst for this.

editors usually destroy series.
examples include haganai, DxD, and a few others I can't remember.

All of this is based on the supposition that you get the writing deal, so bear with me.
In the US, if you want to be published, you get an agent and submit a written manuscript. the agent shops your manuscript around, you get a contract, you get an editor (or one is provided to you) and you fix what needs fixing, and your shit gets published. If it's popular, you get a book deal - usually a book or two per year.

In japan, you write whatever, and you submit it. The company takes what you've written as a *proposal* and you write. You're given an "editor", but the "editor" is really a company dog that wants to make the company money.
The "editor" accepts or rejects each part that's to be published. This is why new characters are suddenly introduced. Why there are flashback arcs. Why stories never go forward. Why MC never fucks the Best Girl. The company is milking you for your popularity.
If you get the sales numbers you're given more freedom in what you want to write in your story, but japanese printing is all about milking everything to the last possible drop before going ahead with an ending.
Strong beginning -> chewy middle -> piss ending.
When you see this formula, you know the writer isn't writing what he wants, but what the company wants him to write so that they can make money, chapter by chapter.

Garbage from square one

No

I thought the author still had a lot of ideas but got pissed that people were pirating it so he cut it short?

And is then revived and finds out there's more than one demon king.

Sounds like you only read Isekai

>story stretches out to multiple volumes that the author runs out of ideas and it basically collapses on itself
that's pretty normal for most writers, especially when they barely have planned whatever they have written
not all writers are typing machines like Asimov or Kamachi

It didn't collapse, pretty sure the author just stopped writing