Toei Animation unveils Japan's first NFT based animation project

Thoughts on this?
toei-anim.co.jp/zombie-zoo/en/news/2022013101.php

Attached: Zombie-Zoo-Announcement.jpg (1000x600, 234.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-02-01/fanworks-tokyo-otaku-mode-plan-anime-of-cryptoninja-nft-project/.182121
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the difference between owning an image and having a NFT?

Isn't crypto banned in Japan or something like that?

Why couldn't it have been Toei instead?

Attached: photo_l.jpg (960x1571, 202.99K)

You know those buy-a-star scams, where people say that you get to buy the rights to name a star, but when you actually look at the fine print you're actually just buying the right to have your name on their list that says you own it, and maybe a certificate if you're lucky?

NFTs are that, but since they work on a decentralized ledger instead of a private server, you can sell your place on the list to someone who's even dumber than you later. You don't own the image, you own a place on a list that's associated with that image.

another NFT is getting an anime
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-02-01/fanworks-tokyo-otaku-mode-plan-anime-of-cryptoninja-nft-project/.182121

>toei animation and NFT
Not surprising, in the fucking least

Aren't NFTs scams? Why would an official company do an scam on the open just like that?

Because there's no laws against it and people will give them money for it.

Most companies would sell you nothing if the opportunity presented itself.

it's only scam to people who thinks they get to own the image, never once have any of them ever claim it's yours to own

The bogdanoffs didn’t die for this….shut it down

Their building has doors, he would job to CHADoei.

The difference is NFT is buying a link to the image

I enjoyed Toei's 80s and 90s output, That's all I have to say

Attached: nube0031.gif (640x480, 1.1M)

If only this kid knew that people only like his art for the prospect of selling it later for a profit. God, why are they bringing kids into this shit.

I can tell you struggle to get it up

Still 0 idea what NFTs are but this looks like some old Nintendo DS game and I like it.

Not you

I still quite don't get it, is it like buying pokemon cards with the exception that collectors don't and won't ever exist for nfts?

You don't own the card, they hold it for you so you and anyone else can look at it, and it can still disappear.

No, it's closer to buying the receipt for the Pokémon cards.