Angel's Egg

I don't get it

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

okay

Go spend time watching faggot youtubers explain it and then regurgitate that information all over the place. That's what everyone who likes this movie does.

It's an allegory to loss of innocence by a rape pregnancy

It's in the title. Go figure it out yourself.

there were fish

Doesn't really matter.

Think about it some more, watch it again, test your theories.
This is no longer the movie theater era, you can rewind and rewatch it as much as you'd like.

let me explain

Christianity bad.

>why is the world is dead?
>why do they think an angel is going to hatch from this egg and fix everything?
>why is the egg is empty?
>why does he kill the girl without revealing the truth?
now use the grey matter between your ears to imagine possible answers to all these questions and what they could possibly be a symbol or allegory for. the more answers you can come up with for each, the better
then mix and match different combinations of answers and see what kind of underlying narrative the more provocative combinations create.
This concludes your instructional lesson in critical thinking

Critical thinking is useless when you don't have relevant information. If you do not know the meanings of the Bible, it is not possible to understand this work in depth.

its a skill that needs exercise to be strong enough to be relied upon when you do have all the information you need. stuff like angel's egg are the perfect exercise for it. If you don't exercise it enough you're left just another schmuck incapable of making inferences and picking up subtext

Please dorkpry

Did the knight rape the loli?

No one does.

Literally what YouTubers? Have you considered not going on YouTube?

I just read it plot literally without any allegories and symbolism.

There is nothing to get, the director admitted as much. You're free to read into it and find your own meaning if you want.

There's nothing to 'get'. It's just one of those movies you put on when you're feeling weird at 2am.

based