Kigdom

What the fuck do people see I'm this piece of shit Manga? I got suggested this after I read berserk and this is honestly turning out to be a pretty big let down. The characters are horribly one dimensional. Xin literally just yells all the time. The mountain people are arbitrarily strong (cause mountain) and the art work looks like ABSOLUTE SHIT. Character faces just look fucked up at this point Mins face looks like he was born with a misaligned face. It all just looks very strange and like the artist free handed everything. Furthermore, the pacing is horrible, you will just suddenly find yourself in the middle of a fight or the fight will be over. It just feels very anarchronistic and blunt.

I'm on chapter 50 and I'm willing to give it a chance but I want to hear why I should stick with a 700 chapter epic that is pretty disappointing at this point. I will give it one positive, I do like the plot.

Attached: 7.jpg (835x1200, 162.38K)

Unironically it's kinda bad until you get like 180 or so chapters in. At 700 chapters in it's my favorite ongoing manga.

>kigdom

Attached: hm.jpg (225x333, 64.87K)

I only read it for two reasons: (1) the tactical and strategic aspects; (2) to know how based is the representor of humanity.

Attached: 1628977205032.png (1060x527, 677K)

same, I also want to see the chu campaign

Attached: CEO janny.jpg (952x890, 186.27K)

this is not a manga that gets good at the start

To see my kind finally represented in manga.

Art style is meh at the start because most new weekly mangaka get better as time passes on and they get more assistants. But the story is great from the beginning. The first arc immediately jumps at you with high stakes and even the first campaign doesn't take long and shows you what the rest of the series will be like. Best arc (until now) will come around chapter 250. If you hate the main character for screaming the whole time stop reading. It's like hating on luffy for being goofy all the time. This is not Berserk and although the subject matter is grim and painted in a grey light, the way the author writes the story of the main character is more like a shonen manga which still makes you root for the main character even though he's technically invading other people's homes and killing tousands.

dramatization of the warring states period in chinese history. Also

Kingdom is the best example of author growth I've seen from manga. The scale and character development that occurs from the start of the series to the rest of the series is genuinely incredible and should be used as a symbol of potential of growth an author can experience.
I had my gripes about the one dimensional all of the characters felt and how onesided the battles felt, but everyone is so properly developed now with their own goals and strengths, all I can say is to keep it up.

The manga starts getting more complex when ryofui and shouheikun are introduced, character motivations keep changing and by the time ousen and kanki are introduced it is pretty obvious just far the character writing came along since that first arc. Even Seikyou gets reintroduced as a completly different character later on.

>I had my gripes about the one dimensional all of the characters felt and how onesided the battles felt, but everyone is so properly developed now with their own goals and strengths, all I can say is to keep it up.
I think you'll like Ravages of Time if you aren't a reader already

I finally managed to get through it and honestly I kind of hate most of it, too much battle shonen with not enough strategy and tactics and I don't care about most of the characters especially on the mc side. But there are characters, arcs and battles I really like and I do want to see how it handles the history from this point on.

Just suffer to around chapter 230 and you'll get to experience one of the hypest arcs in manga history

I'm not OP, I just finished the whole thing recently. Yeah it has good parts, just have to slog through a billion "guy swings glaive around making heads and body parts fly" scenes to get to them.

I like unga bunga

>I also want to see the chu campaign
Yeah, this should be good.

Shin is annoying, but there are some great characters who make the manga worth reading.

IMO the first really good arc starts around chapter 100. Give that arc a chance.

Just keep in mind that Kingdom is a seinen, but it has a lot of shonen stuff in it mainly with Shin. But it's a great manga to binge read

Kingdom is just One piece in ancient china

Kingdom is a lot edgier

>Kingdom is a seinen
It's seriously mostly shonen down to the obnoxious friendship speeches.

Those are great though

Well you can argue Kingdom is the One Piece of Weekly Young Jump.