Any Forums do you actually believe the phantom blood movie was ever actually finished...

Any Forums do you actually believe the phantom blood movie was ever actually finished? Is there any proof it was released in theaters? Its hard for me to believe the official story as most of the things mentioned such as speedwagon not being in the movie being debunked.
Also general jojo thread

Attached: AF94D4B1-C3A3-4358-82B8-9AC291C87537.jpg (1009x750, 270.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVpwZxBJjJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1625801169670.webm (712x400, 443.61K)

Kino

There is no reason to assume it wasn't finished. The "araki was so disgusted he made them pull it" is obviously bollocks, it was just a total flop and camrips weren't a thing so it just was lost forever.

It definitely existed and was released in JP theaters, got no clue why it never got put out on video tho. Apparently the idea that Araki hated it and moved some strings to make it disappear from the world is a complete falsehood.

>camrips weren't a thing
Yes they were, zoomer. However Japan doesn't do shit like that.

You can get a pretty good idea of how the movie plays out by reading some accounts from people that saw it in its original and only run.

Basically:
> Its 90 minutes long including credits, so a shit ton was cut out, to the point Speedwagon is not in it
> Because of that, Zeppeli gets a bunch of extended screentime. He pretty much gets all of Speedwagon, Dire and Straizo's scenes for himself.
> Tarkus and Bruford are the only two Dio minions with any presence. They appear and they job. Luck-Pluck scene doesnt happen. Tarkus doesnt kill Zeppeli.
> Final attack against Dio is done by Zeppeli, Jonathan and Tonpetty. Zepelli is killed by ice, gives life energy to Jonathan, who then defeats Dio. He doesnt light his hands up on fire.
> Ending is basically the same, with the exception that baby Liza Liza is not mentioned and Erina doesnt need to be convinced by JoJo to enter the coffin

That’s also really odd, the fact that it flopped. Japan fucking loves jojo, I can’t imagine the movie being so bad it flopped, I mean studio A3P is very competent and their adaptation of part 3 wasn’t hated (irc it did have production issues but that’s mostly because they wanted skywalker sound to do the sound design) personally I think it was worth it desu

Didnt the live action movie flop?
> their adaptation of part 3 wasn’t hated
I heard the Quran controversy is what caused the movie to be pulled from theaters, but that sounds like complete bullshit

>not in the movie
Yeah I don’t know how trustworthy those are

Attached: 387B9680-841F-4BFC-8AA0-F977896BDF26.jpg (750x426, 49.24K)

Part 3 ova did have some controversy
But I doubt it impacted sales in Japan

Attached: 3573A73E-CC68-485E-AF73-766084D9582D.jpg (750x436, 247.17K)

What are the chances it still exists somewhere in some theater storage room or in a former theater empolyee house?

I hope one day we will see it

youtube.com/watch?v=MVpwZxBJjJU

who did this crap it's so fucking blurry

Studio a3p is still around as a subcontractor apparently, but they haven’t had any major works since fist of the North Star in 2008. Who knows if there wasn’t a language barrier it’s possible staff could still be contacted

Me

YOU WA SHOCK!!!

but in all seriousness, its interesting how this movie seemed to use HnK as a template, making the whole thing look like a spin-off.
It was great to see the 2012 anime establish its own style reflective more of the whole series

To be fair Jonathan has always had that issue

Attached: 18EE9B01-D938-40B7-B3A3-03DE7581D8A4.jpg (635x621, 180.52K)

its imaging how much came from a movie about violent australians

Attached: MadMax2.jpg (2100x1182, 305.59K)

A big pet peeve of mine with the APPP adaptations is that the art style they went with seemed to fit HnK way more than JoJo. Its kinda colorless and boring at times.

The part 3 ova was pretty colorful when it was being colored traditionally, I do agree though the digitally colored episodes look way worse, it’s a shame they changed it

Attached: F4981821-1D1F-4721-9329-2B2E792EF98E.png (1334x750, 1.58M)