After the anime announcement of Hoshi no Samidare/Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer...

After the anime announcement of Hoshi no Samidare/Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, I decided to not only go and re-read the manga, but also to finally read Sengoku Youko and Spirit Circle. They were both extremely good manga, but I have to say I still think Samidare is the best of the three. From what I’ve heard on Any Forums, a lot of people prefer one of the two others, and I’d like to hear your reasoning.

Probably going to read through Mizukami’s other works as well, although they don’t seem to be talked about as much, are they not generally seen as being the same quality? I remember I started watching Planet With when it aired and dropped it quite early.

Attached: __asahina_samidare_hoshi_no_samidare_drawn_by_ichiri_seto__3dcff02a663a61724bb7cdf742d6d5b1.jpg (1403x1984, 225.3K)

Overrated trash.

>and I’d like to hear your reasoning.
Well?

>He thinks that people on Any Forums don't form their opinions out of preemptive contrarianism
>And yet despite this all they circlejerk over is stereotypical shonen manga

I thought Spirit Circle had a much more interesting story. Sengoku Youko had better action.

I also liked the characters in both of them more than in Samidare which weighs in a lot for me especially the main characters were a lot stronger.

I don't prefer one over the other. They're all good, largely for the same reason. Good characters, fun action

Attached: x15.png (1878x1400, 1.11M)

How was the manga version of Planet With? I thought the anime was ok, but nothing special

I can absolutely agree with Spirit Circle having the most interesting premise/story, and Sengoku had some great action (although the end felt like it dragged out a bit with too much of it).

I do however feel Samidare is the series with the best main character, but I imagine it's just a matter of taste. Yuuhi felt to me like a much more rounded and interesting MC than Jinka/Senya or Fuuta. I will concede on the supporting cast of Sengoku being the strongest though.

But in the end it is as says, good characters and fun action all around.

Attached: f0ec1457-8997-4da3-9c4f-4b04ca9dbe58.png (967x1400, 251.29K)

I remember people absolutely seething over the fact Jinka got everything he wanted in Sengoku Youko despite being an asshat
Good times

SC has a great overarching plot but each individual flashback story isn't as good. You just want to get them over with so you can get back to the real story.

SY has a lot of highs but also several low points. The story with the void tribe in particular is just one big awkward anticlimax. It's also longer and not as tightly written as HnS.

people who have read it here say it's good. I haven't read it myaelf but I'm going to

Does the MC in Samidare change at all? He was pretty grating in the first volume

Yes, a good bit

Bit of an understatement with how different he ends up by the end.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll keep it in mind

Yeah, once he breaks through his emo phase he gets kinda awesome.

Attached: 1274575036132.jpg (228x902, 89.58K)

I only read Spirit Circle and Samidare but I do prefer Samidare too. Spirit Circle is a bit more polished but overall Samidare still has some unique qualities not found in the others.

Also Lafalle did nothing wrong

Attached: 1623999573158.jpg (1114x1600, 121.54K)

The first volume of Samidare is an outlier. The writing is a lot worse than later.

Just compare Yuuhi's first volume arc with the ones he gets later in the series, it's like day and night. I don't know why, maybe Mizukami didn't have everything figured out at the beginning.

I like how Mizukami is essentially laughing at the type of person who thinks that human influence is even relevant enough to account to anything on a planetary scale

>You just want to get them over with so you can get back to the real story.
I actually disagree, I much preferred the early flashbacks to the "real story" and was looking forward to when the next one would finally start. Although this is only true up to about the japanese life iirc.

I can't believe the holes worked.

I don't think he was laughing at them, Lafalle was wrong about souls needing to die to be reincarnated but he didn't want to shut the tower only because of this. Just like the other lives, it was gray, both sides had good arguments.

Attached: 1636841055080.jpg (1038x729, 307.32K)

>Also Lafalle did nothing wrong
His death was meaningless, he was wrong about the souls