Do manga artists trace?

Do manga artists trace?

Attached: png-clipart-naruto-uzumaki-kakashi-hatake-sasuke-uchiha-itachi-uchiha-drawing-naruto-angle-white-thumbnail.png (348x196, 9.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ogFA5qVp-SQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

never.

The ones that Any Forums foolishly praises for their art more often than not do.

Short answer no
Semi short answer: If you need to trace you are generally not good or fast enough to actually make art on a serious level. Note that referencing is not tracing.
Long answer: Swiping is a career killer everywhere, it is slower than regular drawing, and if you need to do it, you are likely not good enough to actually be doing what you do. There are examples of artists that trace as an artform and as a study form. For example, there is a doujinshi artist that takes photos of places around them, sometimes combines the photos, and traces the BGs meticulously. Each tracing takes them about 7 hours, they do it to combine their passion for photography, and to learn more about what is really there in the BGs, so that they could be better artists.

Yes, some even do copy and paste panels for saving time. But, it's not terrible since it's not like they just do straight up plagiarism

tracing is a tool, the issue is that tracing is poorly used, no that is bad.

All of them do.
Especially for backgrounds.

I swear this guy traces Naoki Urasawa's expressions, at least for the old guy in the second last panel

Attached: af28624a-b8ae-41cb-b74a-4b8c39db99e8.png (822x1200, 340.29K)

It's the exact same expression

Attached: 378b9610-57b9-433d-a0c0-2b6b70238231.png (822x1195, 735.44K)

literally all decent artists have traced at some point

>Swiping is a career killer everywhere
Chihayufuru seems to suggest otherwise.

Probably but I suspect using reference and copying is more common.

Attached: 1639418923671.jpg (1538x1300, 531.08K)

That's not tracing.

Maybe? I do trace when making shit, but thats only because my lewds should be as close to the original character as possible UNLESS I deem the original an inferior depiction. Elsa Granhierte for example, anime and doujin artists (like Ankoman's Elsa) make her breedable while Ootsuka makes her skin and bones, generally unappealing C cup tits. I only ever want to mimic lesser known artists with hot ass girl designs cause as far as I know, that girl from obscure series X may never get lewds from anyone

Good artists borrow, great artists steal

they trace my penis when they need a magnum dong.

You don’t visit DBS thread very often, do you?

There was yuri manga that got canned because the artist traced the characters. It's a shame because it was good too.

For backgrounds definitely
youtube.com/watch?v=ogFA5qVp-SQ

Attached: EbOozcqWsAAMJhg.png (636x369, 182.98K)

if you're bad or don't have cultist fans, it is called "tracing" otherwise it is called "using a reference"
just don't google "Reference Gallery - JoJo's Bizarre Encyclopedia"

Murata traces a bit, for some reason good artists can get away with tracing under the guise of “referencing” when it’s literally just traced. I don’t get it.