I really don't understand how this anime got this big. It's super slow paced and boring...

I really don't understand how this anime got this big. It's super slow paced and boring. You can literally skip half of the episodes and you don't miss anything. Also I have this feeling that everyone in the AOT universe is fucking retarded. Even Naruto fillers are more entertaining than this.

Attached: p10701949_b_v9_ah.jpg (1080x1440, 296.56K)

It didnt have a lot of the tropes other anime had. People getting killed left right and centre, mystery, german aesthetic. Was different, S1 was pretty fast paced from what i remember

I watched it some time ago. I remember it really picked up for me in s2 and peaked in second half of s3. Was genuinly hyped and excited for each episode. S1 was somewhat of a filler as far as I remember

i'm watching the first season right now and it all just seems like one big suffering fest. if i were to be isekaid into this retarded universe i would immediately kill myself just so i don't have to look at everything and everyone going batshit insane. i think post-apocalyptic media in general is often written by hacks who can only evoke emotions in their viewers using scenes of loud intense pain

Its anime for people who didn't like anime or were too ashamed to say they watched anime also people constantly died so kids loved it

>It didnt have a lot of the tropes other anime had.
Cry baby MC who has mysterious super power that makes him super OP on a path to avenge his mom. Truly unique.
>People getting killed left right and centre
Redshirts mostly.
>mystery
Which the show ignored for like 3 seasons if I remember well.
>german aesthetic.
What's so German about this beside the first OP?
>Was different, S1 was pretty fast paced from what i remember
Yeah it was so fast paced. I just love how fast they rode their horses and battled titans and rode their horses again... Super amazing plot.. really fast paced

Dont want to spoil too much but most of post-apocalyptic depression goes away after s1 when humanity stops being so powerless and pathetic

if that's the case, i'll get through the first season and at least try watching the second one. when it picks up i hope i'll be able to see how people put up with this series for 70+ episodes

I really blame Game of Thrones and Walking Dead. Because of those two shows all media became way more gritty and and gorey. Yeah anime always much more brutal, but for the mainstream audice those two shows normalised edginess.

I said some of the tropes you pedant. Also all their names and architecture is Germanic.
At no point did i say it was a good show, simply some answers to OPs questions

Baby's first tragedy/horror anime. The people that weren't familiar with battle shonen tropes all thought this was a survival horror masterpiece full of gore everywhere, so they told their other normalfag firends. Now in current times, the story became about race and just because of that most of it's fans think it's still a masterpiece without stopping to think about how it's still full of pathetic stuff and their talk about race is just "woah dude you see this? like, people can be evil and good! there's a gray area there dude! like woooooooooahhhhhh!!!!"

It has flashy effects, spiderman mechanics and mostly appealed to westerners because of the walking dead rip off and aesthetic. Too bad it abandons that shit after episode 4 or so when MC turns into a giant flesh monster

wit

i wonder why does this kind of stuff get the most public attention. i don't mind gore and sadness but i hate the kind of hectic and exaggarated mood snk and the walking dead have. it's like i'm getting punched in the face with every episode and not getting any emotional payoff. not to mention, stories like these are hard to immerse yourself into and i can't really take them seriously

I think it's one of the best animes ever made. The story is full of mystery and twists. The animation is great apart from a few CG parts. The soundtrack is amazing. The characters are extremely emotive. And underneath it all it makes you think about war. Children brainwashed into believing their enemy is inhuman. Who then turn themselves into monsters in war. The innocent caught in the crossfire.

Attached: yelena.png (1400x788, 1.38M)

Well I haven't noticed that at all.

People want to break free from their boring lifey, but they also want to see flashy things. Gore is perfect for that.

>animes

every time

Stop arguing in bad fait hand somebody may be willing to discuss it with you.

I never know how to pluralize that word. Both options sound wrong to me.

Anime is already plural, it's like popcorn, you don't say "popcorns" do you?

I do say animations though.

HAVING GAY SEX WITH THE BEES AND THE EAGLES