It's another dullard nerd meets genki girl love story

>it's another dullard nerd meets genki girl love story
Really, what's so special about it?

Attached: 1643485775107.png (1695x1200, 1.26M)

it's really cute and fun and heartwarming. that's why I began watching anime

Mc is literally me.

At the very least the one in the right is not an otaku and actually have an interesting interests, but otherwise yeah i agree.

manic pixie dream girl
It's a wish fulfillment for lonely nerds

The guy on the left doesn't look that nerdy. I agree with the person on the right though.

who cares. don't like, don't read.

outside of his interests he really isn't
all his classmates welcome him easy once he opens up
marin's people also are mostly easy friendly to him

Fuck, i meant the one on the left from

*sono bisque

gives guys with dull personalities like me a thing to self insert into, to imagine that a girl would find you interesting enough to hang around

Thanks God, it's not another nerd x tsundere

Attached: 1623052278038.jpg (1107x785, 207.09K)

The right one is really ugly looking

Go on goodreads and start complaining about books with tall, multimillionaire gangsters falling for dull old women
also go on letterboxd and start complaining about movies where single mothers having multimillonaire Chads falling for them

>Really, what's so special about it?
In the one on the right the MCs got together in a little bit more than 100 chapter (9 volumes)
The one on the left is a story about cosplay making with a romantic subplot.

What's special about it is you, you are a "special" kid OP

Ok nerd.

>9 volumes
I just realized Nagatoro is already longer than Anjou

one is good(left) and the other is really bad(right)

Introverted guys want girls to pursue them. Simple as.

Anjou is not bad, just painfully inoffensive.
You read it for the side couples, where the author has (probably) more freedom to draw what he wants.

No wait, Seto and Anjou got together in the first chapter of vol 10. The confession was at the end of vol 9.
My mistake.
>I just realized Nagatoro is already longer than Anjou
It's a bit surprising

You sounds upset.

Shoujo for men? It's the male character in place of a bland FeMC being courted.

Enough with manic pixie dream girls, it's time for manic pixie dream boys.

literally every shoujo manga ever
>oh no... he's sexually assaulting me... but his hands are so big...

how many times are you going to make this OP

You have the weird misconception that every shoujo is smut when they overwhelmingly don't go beyond kissing.

Not everything has to be special. Really we're born too late to have special things, the longer human civilization exists the less there is.

Lots of shoujo manga are still about a nothing-burger female lead who is essentially taught about romance by some gigachad prince, a lot of the time with prior experience.

But also, another thing that shoujo manga have in spades yet is lacking in otaku romcoms, is the bff character. Male friends in works like OP are only there as background noise, or in some cases to get paired off when the author is bored of the mains. Whereas shoujo always have that one other girl who is super duper friends with the lead and they have their own arcs outside of the male MC, etc.

Unironically, there is a number of shoujo manga with that male mc and it's a male archertype relatively common in reverse harems.
Though, obviously, since men like it for a female mangaka it's better to work with a shounen/seinen magazine, so you get things like Bisque doll.
And desu, while Anjo's mangaka is a man he REALLY writes and draw like a woman.

Men won't understand shoujo until they stop thinking that things are complicated.
Cute boys are cute, they are super cute when they need me to fix them. There isn't more to it.

Attached: 0011-021.jpg (1124x1600, 379.08K)

cute girls are cute too yet we keep seeing articles about male gaze, "manic pixie dream girl", "woman in refrigerators" and all kinds of shit because simply liking things is not tenable

We don't see them, you do and it's because you go looking for them.
I avoid most things written by american newspeople and I am more than happy.

Shounen wo Kau

Attached: 6b3e5fb3-40f7-4b2f-8732-98dd595c9d55.png (1125x1600, 572.55K)

Men usually objectify women to the point they stop seeing them as humans, amount of women objectifies men like that is way, waaay less then men.

Gojou is a 6 foot tall handsome chad that's too caught up in his own shit and insecurities to interact with others. He won the nip genetic lottery and everyone knows it.

no, i avoid them as well but it's dishonest to pretend you aren't aware of their existence. the point is that you aren't allowed to just like "cute boys" just because, everyone who's not you can plainly see the intricacies of your fantasy.

Attached: citation needed.png (364x376, 67.77K)

men have an unhealthy obsession with female bodies, a lot of the time at the expense of the person or in contradiction to the person. but that doesn't mean similar kinds of dehumanizing don't happen the other way, it's simply expressed differently. women are attached to a man's perceived image and status to a ridiculous degree and if the actual person behind them can't keep up, they always lose massive points.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOO I CAN'T SELF INSERT AS BLACK AMERIMUTT WHO LIVES IN JAPAN NOOOOOOOOO
Embrace your Japanese instead user

Attached: Nihonkoku Shoukan - Chapter 5_ Jsdf Dispatch - 2~4.jpg (285x397, 43.54K)

Why aren't there more stories with blonde haired MCs?

Because nips fears the Europeans.

I am aware of them because people bring their ideas here, like twitter screen caps or linking their articles.
Usually because they are insecure and want us to agree with them that they right in thinking those articles stupid.

>status
Vastly overblown. Or, to put it better, men underestimate how much they themselves care about status, though their insecurities as being perceived as the lesser part of the couple plays a role.

The real difference is what parts of the body they care about.
Men generally focus on face, ass, boobs, and thighs. Women go for neck, shoulders, hands and wrists, legs (in younger boys).
Since our society as a whole doesn't think that wrists are erotic while it thinks boobs are, you get the impression that women don't care about the body.

>what's so special about it?
Who said it was special?

>Men usually objectify women to the point they stop seeing them as humans
Have you seen how women treat manlets? It's far more dehumanizing than anything men do.

okay but um that's EVERYONES fault not womens fault

Nothing is wrong with this but everything is wrong with shoujo/josei

How is this dehumanizing?

Attached: 68b02532-1abc-4192-9fc8-958966c4bab0.png (1446x2048, 707.94K)

Beta male simps that are portrayed as chads by delusional people in the internet.

kill yourself anjou spammer

Opposites attract I guess?

Is this true? Topkek

who hurt you?

Because dullard nerds are often into genki girls, but since the anime style character is an idealistic fantasy and the nerd would have no chance with them even if they did exist they have no hope but to resort to fiction.
It's tragic, I dream of a world where every man could get the genki girl of their dreams.

Same applies to the other gender

>The perfect dream boy that every single girl is after at our school?
>Yeah I rate him 80/100!
why are women like this?

Attached: wouldnotdate.jpg (444x687, 108.18K)

Boredom.

My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself.

Attached: 1qg2cIZM1s2mokto1_1280.png (904x468, 591.12K)

Is that a problem? Is the story dragging?

Guy on the right looks pretty retarded with his safety glasses and bowl cut.

nobody cares