Was Gundam the first piece of animation to depict space with such a high level of realism?

Was Gundam the first piece of animation to depict space with such a high level of realism?
I was watching the 3rd movie again and it was really blowing me away, I forgot how good it looked.

Attached: Char and Amuro's duel.gif (475x343, 1.93M)

>Was Gundam the first piece of animation to depict space with such a high level of realism?
Yes, no one realized space was so homoerotic until Tomino showed us the truth.

>see rivalry between two men
>OMG THIS IS SO GAY! YASSS!
stop

they were gay. deal with it

Attached: EfGvJO3UEAIrmhu.png (477x229, 7.79K)

I really just wanted to talk about its depiction of space.
The suits, the colonies, the 0G character animation and so on.

Yas is pretty untouchable when it comes to depicting fluid weighty zero g motion. And he contributed a herculean amount to first Gundam. His segment in the 78 Yamato sequel film is certainly impressive as well, some of the best character animation ever there, but from what I recall its mostly character stuff within normal environments, so there isn't much room to show off zero g human motion like in Gundam. The mecha/effects animation is really strong as well, but Yamato kind of always feels like its just ships and planes that happen to be in space, the motion of mobile suits in space in Gundam seems like a pretty special achievement when its at its best.

Attached: abaoaqu.webm (640x480, 1.86M)

nope. most people don't think this, lol. the message wasn't conveyed properly, therefore its BS

Yeah this is what I wanted to talk about.
I was reading up on an article recently and learned that he was one of the people that pioneered "realist" animation in anime.
The feeling of inertia in that clip you posted is so good at highlighting that.

The original TV show was soul
One of my favorite anime

Yeah, Yas was a big deal on that front, Yoshonobu Inano and Tomonori Kogawa are other important Sunrise associated ones from around then. Itano as well of course, being Kogawa's student and getting to be a big deal on Gundam and Ideon. Though Kogawa came from having exposure to an earlier realist tradition fostered at Tatsunoko very early on. Tomino himself picked up realistic staging and depth filled shot composition working under Takahata, though he was already good at it even prior to that. So having Yas and Tomino together with a fairly daring concept like Gundam was a real lightning in a bottle situation.

Attached: classic Tomino.png (1440x1080, 1.3M)

I honestly wonder what kind of BL show Tomino watched that causes him to state in one of his interviews that Char and Amuro are gay.

yes they did and still do. fujos are the reason for gundam's existence.

Attached: 1532257342804.png (549x466, 114.86K)

Plus Yas was highly motivated to work on Encounters in Space after he sat in a hospital bed after being a near karoshi. He really didn't enjoy seeing Gundam's production quality go off the rails when he was ill.

Why are people even participating in this discussion?
It's not like any of you actually watched much 70s anime.

>Gundam
>good animation
I am being trolled here?

>watching the film trilogy
you guys don't have a patience for a 50 episode anime?

>why are people talking about anime on anime board

Attached: 1532668231056.png (474x431, 384.22K)

He's implying no one saw it

I didn't saw anything that made me think that beyond those handbar things that moved across hallways it was all pretty silly

Nobody has seen highly obscure anime Mobile Suit Gundam.

Tomino likes to troll people during interviews dude, don't take what he says so seriously, he's purposefully trying to misdirect you because he thinks misunderstanding simple stories as high art is funny.

This isn't tweeta and green haired f*males aren't allowed here