He won because he is a culmination of all the themes in SnK...

He won because he is a culmination of all the themes in SnK, he won in every possible way and you should've seen it coming.

Attached: 40b6072a454cdb2b8555c3fa73949038.jpg (1071x1071, 122.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hoJ4qxcXz5w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What?

How does he represent striving for freedom at any cost?

He won because his eyes deep sea blue eyes fucking brainwash people and makes their IQ drop at least 20 points.

How the fuck is that a theme. The series criticizes that idea. Its the whole point of Eren's character to criticize the striving for freedom idea.

The story's themes was breaking the cycling of hate and peace you retard

But Armin has nothing to do with that. Armin's character is about never backing down or running away no matter how fucked you probably are, its about courage and standing for what you believe in.

Him fighting the Rumbling fits with that just fine but his role as a peacemaker is absolute fucking horseshit. Fucking Reiner had more attempts to bridge the impossible divide between mortal enemies than Armin did, and he's still totally inappropriate for it too. The simple fact is none of the Alliance were good fits for the theme of breaking the cycle of hatred besides Gabi and Falco.

Okay, I'll give you a shot. What themes does he encompass and how does it work with the ending

>breaking the cycling of hate and peace
Neither of which are achieved

It was never the series theme. It might have been isayama's goal to make it so, based on his stupid little message to the readers "curently available information for the public" after the basement reveal, but it didn't come up whatsoever in the actual events of the story.

Eren’s desire for freedom is never criticized before the time skip.

Meant to say “criticized by the narrative”

The peace lasted during the lifetime of Eren's friends which is all that matters.

yes, I saw it coming since the serumbowl but not to the extent isayama wanked him

No, he won because he could fuck Annie in the anal region. In every other aspect he lost just like every other character Isayama destroyed on purpose to he could rip off MuvLuv. Eren was right. Inheriting Bert's memories made Armin SEVERELY retarded.
>Trost Armin too insecure but still making smart decisions
>Female Titan Arc Armin does more to bring her capture than Eren or Levi did, also tells Eren to abandon his humanity to defeat Annie
>Betrayal Arc Armin is still a genius
>Royal Government Arc Armin becomes one of the most badass characters in the show, catches bodies with no hesitation to save his friends, still vomits afterwards, staying true to his character
>Return to Shiganshina peak Armin, Armin lives up to his dynamic with Erwin and dies in a heroic sacrifice like Erwin but with more positive connotations since he dies alone instead of with recruits. Armin is easily the best character in the show at this point.
>Post-revival Armin is all down hill. He can't outsmart Eren in the table scene and so he gets his ass beat. Suddenly he doesn't view Annie as a monster who can only be defeated is Eren abandons his humanity, now she's top tier waifu material because he's definitely not brainwashed.
>Captain Arminica, Bert's Widow, Conner Stark, The Incredible Job, Scarlet Scarf Witch, Black Panzer, Floch-Eye, Menopause Fury all kill each other so Marleyfags can see their probably dead relatives, Armin shows less sympathy for their lives than he did for that random bitch he killed to save Jean.
>Armin won't stop flip flopping between agreeing with Eren, saying he should abandon his humanity and that he is on their side, but later Eren has to be stopped, and then finally he THANKS Eren for being a genocider for his sake.
Genuinely what the fuck was Isayama thinking? There are zero characters in this show (besides Floch) that are still worth liking. Floch was literally written to be a better version of Armin.

Attached: 1639013067238.jpg (929x1045, 149.62K)

Everyone should have died in the Rumbling except Gabi and Falco who will get married and have many children and repopulate the earth

He lost, Ehre lost, Mikasa lost, Jean lost, Conrad lost, Manlet lost.
Only Historia won
>J-Jean didnt lost
Tbf i didnt read the ending because i had an overload of shit after reading the last chapters but a minuscule defeat was that he didnt took Mikasa's virginity (i think it doesn't matter) and he lost everything that he and Mikasa tried to protect

Dude was so pathetic that Isayama said “I was really hoping Armin would come up with a solution to the rumbling”

Attached: FB467772-D622-4E8F-AFA7-6266914F0D8D.jpg (831x2556, 1.05M)

Historia’s children died in a nuclear holocaust. How did she win?

No it's not "all that matters" lmao
The 50 year plan would have achieved the exact same thing and wouldn't have left Paradis wide open for a carpet bombing genocide

Also Eren had no idea whether his friends would survive the Rumbling so gtfo here with that shit

rip historia's 6 million children

not before the timeskip introduced jews and he didn't even managed to save his home from extermination

It was always implied Eren was too short-sighted and naive. The reason the narrative didn't shit on Eren more was because no one knew all the answers and they were in the same boat.

>"those who can't sacrifice anything will not achieve anything"
>sacrifices nothing
>achieves everything he set out to do despite having no plan
armin is a really mishandled character

Less than 300 Nips like him

Attached: 1631123058228.jpg (1364x682, 431.17K)

Isayama said the theme was "Liberation from opression"

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-121324_Chrome.jpg (960x1055, 285.17K)

Really sad to see the influences on children go from literally "believe in your self" to "don't believe in yourself" Why do they hate children so much?

He won because he was isamayu's self insert

He won because Eren wanted to lose.

This is the gayest shit ever. Paradis Ian's were about to, and ultimately were, fucking genocided- BECAUSE in the end Eren didn't believe in himself and didn't carry out the Rumbling perfectly. What a retarded message to tell.

And Annie won him, so once again the Jews are the real winners.

Attached: winner.jpg (563x588, 79.66K)

Attached: IMG_1617.jpg (709x1438, 439.12K)

>He won because he is a culmination of all the themes in SnK
No, he won cause he's the author's self insert.

go play in the nba right now

it's funny how they try to put armong above jean

And they gave him a color picture like the rest of the top 5, but they can't fool me.

there's no jews in AoT. even if annie & bertolt look like jews.

I'm back with another schizographic.
The culmination of all the themes in SnK was YMIR. None of you faggots seem to get it.

>He lost
No he didn't, he's seen as Jesus for doing virtually nothing and is basically calling all the big shots inside of Paradis.

The Jews in SnK were the royal family. But even then, just spiritually. There is no Jewish-equivalent race in SnK.

Fixed a typo. Final product here.

Attached: ymir_ending_v2.jpg (1260x8146, 1.81M)

How is this a win for Historia?

>Floch actually making the list

Attached: 1623075054238.jpg (702x811, 493.27K)

A lot of the themes in SnK are dualistic (see "the world is cruel but also beautiful). The ending should have driven home the fact that Eren's "fight for yourself" mentality was good but also destructive when taken to its furthest possible conclusion.

This was the real missed opportunity with Mikasa. She just has to say "I don't like what Eren has become, but I love that he told me to fight for myself" and it would solve this. Instead she's just wishy-washy and mopey and can't make up her mind. Kills Eren then kisses him. Marries another man (presumably) then pines for Eren's dick for the rest of her life. Is buried next to him even though she supposedly opposed the rumbling. Just lazy. No conclusion.

Attached: 29.jpg (1066x1600, 284.96K)

I seem to remember another post formatted and typeset exactly the same as this except at the end it goes "LMAO imagine actually believing all that bullshit here's how it's all contradicted" at the end.

>He won because he is a culmination of all the themes in SnK
Having a friend with god powers so obsessed with you that he kills himself for your sake?

The culmination of all themes in SnK is that anyone can become good or evil, it just depends on their circumstances and the perspectives of others.

Striving for freedom at any cost ends in misery. Just look at Eren.

Even if Eren broke the cycle, human nature would still be the same and there would still be conflict.

>he won in every possible way
He failed to achieve peace and his homeland was scorched.

Attached: 1620202354031.gif (500x375, 2M)

Yep that's mine. I made it when I was still in the anger stage of grieving so I filled up the ending with a lot of seething.
I think the old one is a bit confusing and doesn't capture the whole picture so I made another one.

Attached: ymir_ending.jpg (1712x7200, 2.75M)

>Striving for freedom at any cost ends in misery. Just look at Eren.
139 Eren didn't care about freedom, just about his small group of friends and even gave up on his own freedom so they could larp as fake heroes
>Even if Eren broke the cycle, human nature would still be the same and there would still be conflict.
At least it'd show a more consistent message that way than making it look like doing a 100% genocide would have solved all problems.

Hmm,beautiful jew noses.

Attached: let_my_people_go.jpg (297x284, 19.44K)

>Armin's character is about never backing down or running away no matter how fucked you probably are, its about courage and standing for what you believe in.

like half the characters in the series are like that, especially mikasa and eren. none of the main 3 would ever accept backing down in a tough spot. armin is probably the most pragmatic of the main trio, trying to achieve a goal while calculating a path to save as many lives as possible. mikasa is focused on weighing out if people are good or bad, then swiftly doing away with the bad to protect the good. meanwhile eren is a ragebaby who decides what to do on a purely emotional basis, and since his personality is defined by wanton murder of his family and mikasa's family, he has nothing but the most seething hatred he has to offer for acts like the murder of innocents.

basically none of them would commit to the rumbling. eren would rather go out to punch boats than accept becoming everything he hated. mikasa might do it if eren's death or some other event made her so psychotic and indifferent that she didn't care if she killed everyone to avenge eren or paradis altogether. armin seems the most likely out of the 3 to actually rumble, but he would probably half-ass it like eren did in isayama's fan fiction

Too bad that pragmatic Armin got replaced with the mong

>139 Eren
Let me stop you right there
>At least it'd show a more consistent message that way than making it look like doing a 100% genocide would have solved all problems.
Yes that's true. I'm just saying that the ultimate theme of SnK is that human nature is flawed and all the problems come down to the fact that people have to make compromises to live together.

But if 139 is canon, the theme is teamwork I guess. Or "genocide is the perfect solution to the world's problems but just don't do it."

Attached: c63.jpg (1066x552, 229.01K)

I miss when Armin was duplicitous and lied and tricked people to solve their problems. The Mong just says "why can't we just talk things out?!" and everyone kills themselves.

Attached: 1643428988979.jpg (512x384, 30.85K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hoJ4qxcXz5w
i just listened to this again and i remembered what it was like before we were all monged by isayama

>all the problems come down to the fact that people have to make compromises to live together.
SNK's world is so filled with cartoonishly evil people that fighting and violence seems to be the only way to survive.
Even in the fucking ending we got Eren couldn't buy comfortable lives for a group of less than 10 friends without wiping out 80% of the planet first

>lied and tricked people to solve their problems
Well, he did that in the final chapter too

Attached: 139.5-001.jpg (1080x1600, 275.5K)

>Even in the fucking ending we got Eren couldn't buy comfortable lives for a group of less than 10 friends without wiping out 80% of the planet first
That was mostly because of the cycle of hatred and the world was just irreparably fucked at that point.

The theme of WfP arc was "if everyone put down their guns and talked things out that would be the best option, but because of human nature the fighting will continue until one side dies." The rumbling arc should have ended with Eren breaking the cycle and then the point being "in order to not create another cycle of hatred, learn to accept other people, etc." I was expecting a peacefag ending along those lines. The one we got is just absurd.

>Striving for freedom at any cost ends in misery
Wow what a way to tell people to never fight for their rights. Now it feels even more like the other "shut up and become a miserable salary man/woman" messages in nip media that praise the "it can't be helped" mindset

I can't believe the NPCs of the SnKverse actually fell for this meme a second time when Willy outright told them the first one was a fake.

It's either that or believing that every single Founding Titan holder was a complete retard.

I really should have. It was a gay shonen all along.

"Fight for yourself no matter what" is a much more happy-feeling theme than "find a compromise between the two sides of the coin." That's why lots of people don't like that Nia dies at the end of TTGL. But TTGL wasn't really about "you can do anything," it was about compromise. Ideally SnK would have done something similar.

Attached: 9854679452645.jpg (1116x628, 286.8K)

SnK just feels like it dropped everything in favor of nakamafaggotry between guys that went to the same military school and milking the shit out of "heroic sacrifices"

Apparently Eren had the ability to alter memories of titan shifters at the end, so that is canonically true. There was a civil war within Paradis with titan shifters on both sides and the FT side lost, so he must not have known. Or he pulled some "I won't take away your freedom" shit and then lost on purpose and turned into a bird, who knows.

That's what the show was about in 2013 before it got good.

He is a faggot.