I miss magic battle school harems

i miss magic battle school harems

Attached: [YURI] Anti-Magic Academy The 35th Test Platoon S01E05 [BD 1080p x264 10bit FLAC].mkv_snapshot_05.59.043.jpg (1920x1080, 157.79K)

How are isekai not 99% the same thing?

Attached: wet rabbit.jpg (1920x1080, 202.66K)

Because they're not.

>overpowered protagonist with a harem
>some sort of convoluted magic system
>plot is usually an excuse for fanservice
At the heart, it's the same story, just a different coat of paint in its surface level tropes. And I'm not knocking them either. It's fine to enjoy both.

obligatory

Attached: 1600718861282.jpg (3767x2218, 2.54M)

Mari won

Was this the last updated version?

Attached: 1637746875190.jpg (1280x720, 216.31K)

Dozo?

Attached: dozo.jpg (1920x2178, 2.06M)

POST IT !

But the katana dude in OP's pic isn't even overpowered.

Attached: 1637706574345.webm (960x540, 1.81M)

Sean

Bean?

Name one good magic battle school harem
Protip: You can't

No u

this character is literally me

Which character?

this one

Based

That coat of paint becomes important when it doesn't change for a decade.

Rakudai was kinda okay because they did not fuck around with willthey wontthey and just got the show on the road which was nice. Souleater was nice as well.

Rakudai > Asterisk

Asterisk had those two, so it ended up being better thanks to them

Attached: __sasamiya_saya_and_toudou_kirin.jpg (850x850, 214.12K)

>Asterisk had shit and shit, so it ended up being better thanks to them

And yet they are still better than all the girls in Rakudai put together.

Attached: Saya_Kirin.jpg (850x1198, 125.92K)

Wrong.

I'd say the main difference is that they didn't have muh vidya gaems element where even the characters admit that the story is just generic wish fulfillment trite. Even the few that don't have actual stats and skills still have an MC give this tongue-in-cheek commentary about how he knows all these tropes and systems from his isekai novels. Battle harems at least had the characters take the story seriously.

I'm just happy it happened

Attached: [ReinForce] Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai - 03 (BDRip 1920x1080 x264 FLAC).mkv_snapshot_01.08_[2016.04.21_02.50.17].jpg (1920x1080, 82.6K)

My mistake, posting actual best Asterisk girl

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.25_[2015.12.06_02.08.57].jpg (1280x720, 72.29K)

Literally me

Based

Are you summoning someone?

Just pick up any gacha game where (you) are a sensei in charge of some class, like blue archive or lapis re:lights.

Bahamut

Attached: 1600578724906.png (1288x1600, 1.43M)

somebody replaced it with Evangelion
or maybe vice versa

Attached: 1617027729885.jpg (3767x2218, 1.51M)

Nah battle harem LNs usually had some resemblance of plot and mystery, so when the anime ended in some half-assed way you would be curious about what happens next. Narou isekais are usually more simple wish fulfillment with 0 tension because it's obvious the protagonist will always humiliate whatever enemy shows up and conveniently undo anything bad that happens, the story barely even matters and most people just watch it to see cool shit happening on the screen. I love tensura but it's probably the best example of that.

For me it is imouto

Attached: 1641382596040.jpg (992x1403, 411.44K)

>had a harem end
Nice.

Still remember that super sexy bikini, maybe I should redownload the episode. And yes, twincest is, in all instances, best.

>Shinmai Maou
Oh man, I wish we got more anime season of it but I know it's impossible now since the LN is now slowly walk into hentai territory

I still fucking hate how there are only few trinity 7 doujin that exist.

most isekai today are sightseeing, and recreating scientific inventions and the likes in another world

>Color Wars
kek
Pretty sure I read the LN for this.

Magic battle school harems are such a weird concept anyway.
>here's a school
>here's a bunch of cute girls for MC's harem
>AND NOW THEY FIGHT!!!

Saya is so hot
Why doesn't she have more hentai

yes

Attached: Negima.png (1024x768, 1.77M)

The ones where they justify a society based entirely around tournaments are the silliest

Attached: 1444659828925.jpg (1500x3057, 988.43K)

the tone of battle harems tends to be different imho

>the LN
Thanks for reminding me of that garbage ending

What happens in color war's end?

So are you me replying to myself too?

Is this LN worth reading?

Yeah

Attached: 1637130374892.png (1558x2197, 1.29M)

The LN? Absolutely
I'd even recommend the anime up til Episode 10 just to get the character voices internalized, it's the one thing they did right about the adaptation, and the OST

Attached: TMG_v02_209.png (1558x2197, 1.61M)

Everyone but Hiroshi fucking dies.

alright. I saw the anime, but had kept the LN in the backlog. I'll move it up since it is done after all.

How about we just get a fantasy harem without the MC needing to be some reincarnated loser? Just a regular loser is fine

Listen to the vocal tracks for Metal Gear Rising while reading the LN. Here's a list to go by:

The Only Thing I Know For Real = Takeru in God Hunter form
A Stranger I Remain = Laugh Maker
Red Sun = Haunted
The Hot Wind Blowing = Onii-sama
It Has to be This Way = Takeru and Kyouya especially Vol 9
I'm My Own Master Now = Takeru fights Onii-sama for the Truth
The Stains of Time = Orochi
Collective Consciousness = Sougetsu
A Soul Can’t Be Cut = Kiseki
Rules of Nature = Mech Dragons
Dark Skies = Orochi and Mother Goose
Locked & Loaded = Kyouya

Attached: [YURI] Anti-Magic Academy The 35th Test Platoon S01E03 [BD 1080p x264 10bit FLAC].mkv_snapshot_21.03.161.jpg (1920x1080, 222.08K)

We should probably add which volumes these happen in for first time readers

Attached: I CARVED MY OWN PATH YOU FOLLOWED YOUR WRATH.png (1146x1217, 2.07M)

Yeah, it hasn't been revised in ages.

It's extreme chuunibyou taken seriously, which makes it a blast to read. It's honestly refreshing. Has vampires, giant robots, witches, eldritch things and stuff. Compared to other battle harems in magical/technological schools like say, Infinite Stratos, Asterisk, Rakudai, Hundred and such, while it does develop the girls quite well, it veers more to the "battle" side rather than going full harem. Parts of it wouldn't be out of place in a full battle shounen. Hell, the school stops being a part of the story around volume 5.

They are. OP is stupid. Most harem isekai are the same old battle/school harems, with the only difference is the setting takes place in a different world.

Battle harems as bad and generic as they were at it, still were trying to tell a story. Save exceptions, isekai stories usually feel more like filler reflecting some kind of trauma from the author, especially the revenge ones, the "I got cast aside by whatever the fuck summoned me because of some random trait that is totally not the author complaining about nepotism" ones, or the "former wageslave has a broken power but wants to live a slow life" ones.
While I do agree that some isekai shows like Tanya or Re:zero have some degree of interest in an endgame, when the average user imagines "isekai" they are most likely thinking of shows like Slime isekai, Konosuba or Kenja no mago, which are mostly the MC fucking around with no clear objective and reacting to whatever evil of the week comes to disturb his filler life. Which is shit storytelling bordering on pure wish fulfillment.

>MC walks in on her changing
Was much dumber in Asterisk where he entered through a fucking balcony just to return a tissue.

Attached: 1485233422550.jpg (605x685, 76.51K)

Any new ones?

>MC fucking around with no clear objective
Reading this made me realize that I know people who thinks SoL shows are the most boring pieces of shit ever shat by Japan but will happily gobble up isekai where a majority of the content is literally SoL

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao is the only one of those I like, now that I think about it

Man, FUCK Kenja no Mago, easily the worst anime in existence.

I love AMA in its entirety
I used to like DAL too before its final arc dragged on for like 4 volumes and cranked up Tohka favoritism to 12

Attached: デート・ア・ライブ-蓮ディストピア_20210117140825.jpg (1920x1080, 163.02K)

The
>I've seen your underwear it's only fair if you see mine so I'll start stripping
response was also better in cavalry.