Chikyuugai Shounen Shoujo

Premiering in like 3 hours. Directed by Mitsuo Iso (Dennou Coil)
youtube.com/watch?v=yMU-xTekqqc
>The anime is set in 2045, where the Internet and AI are commonplace even in space, and centers on a group of children stranded in space after a large-scale accident occurs in a space station. By using narrowband, social networking, and a drone that they can manipulate through smartphones and low-intelligence AI, they overcome many crises.

Anybody interested?

Attached: 015210.jpg (1116x753, 491.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/1483598
youtube.com/watch?v=PZgW9ZmB150
dualshockers.com/the-orbital-children-release-and-plot-explained-for-new-netflix-anime/
twitter.com/mocchih_h/status/1487049019498983428
youtu.be/ZFYwVAS0iaU
fullfrontal.moe/toshiyuki-inoue-interview/
twitter.com/nyoppo/status/1487068481958780936
blog.sakugabooru.com/2022/01/28/from-dennou-coil-to-the-orbital-children-mitsuo-iso-animating-the-future/
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=24315
chikyugai.com/#intro_story
animeanime.jp/article/2022/01/28/67145.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Me
I don't have shitflix though so I just have to hope someone uploads this quickly

YESSS
I've been waiting forever for this to be finally released.

Attached: 1614470796834.jpg (632x606, 92.98K)

I was beginning to get concerned there wasn't a thread already. This is the only interesting thing coming out this season.

won't bother watching it until blus come out in a few weeks
shitflix means shit quality and probably shit subs

why no hype?

its netflix shit
could have easily gotten theatrical screenings but no muh binge

>Mitsuo Iso (Dennou Coil)
It's sad that you had to put his most well known work otherwise nobody would recognize his name on Any Forums

As a white collar tech slave, every mention of AI and social networks on something cool instantly makes me cringe

Is it a movie?

Was probably meant to be but since it's on netflix it's relabeled as a short series. 6 episodes iirc

it was meant to be a show, but Iso failed to find money for tv show.

So netflix is basically a burial ground for failed anime projects? I've heard of movies that had their premieres ruined by covid go straight to netflix. I guess it's better than nothing.

it's getting movie screenings in japan
two separate parts, 3 episodes each

torrent when?

nyaa.si/view/1483598

literally the only new anime im looking forward to.
if even iso fails to deliver this shit is fucking dead.

dropping some screenshots

Keep this thread alive, faggots. I'm still watching.

Feels kind of surreal to finally have new ISO anime. What's next? Despera? Aoku Uru?

So is every episode of this 40min long for a total of 12 episodes?

>40 mn

ah, so thats the reason they took so long time to drop the series

>15.5%
ARGHHHH HURRY UP I WANT WATCH THE FIRST EPISODE ALREADY AND I'M BARELY HOLDING ON

Attached: 1623617729170.gif (370x294, 157.24K)

At least we got an update on Despera last year, Aoki Uru is a total crapshoot at this point even if it's supposedly seeing the light of day this year.

it just my impression or they are using the same spheric robots from dennou coil? Could it be a sequel ?

did you not see the pv
half of the character designs and a bunch of the cgi assets look reused as well

Haven’t watched it yet but I have a bad feeling about the story. Iso is a great animator but Dennou Coil’s story was really disappointing because he couldn’t do worldbuilding convincingly at all… which made the rest of the writing suffer immensely

From the trailer of his new show it looks like more bad and tacky interpretations of future technology and how people respond to it. Crossing my fingers because of how many great people are working on it though…

the cgi looks awful considering how much time went into it and how much of a perfectionist iso is

I've read old interviews where people spoke about Iso. He struck me as really autistic (or exacting) about the work. I could see him being really difficult to work with when he was an animator much less in charge.
Dennou Coil and his personality were enough to torpedo his career for well over a decade.

I
RABU
MINA

This reminds me of that one anime from like 1-3 years ago with the cute girls in space, remember that?

This one?

Attached: 1643317225918.webm (853x480, 2.57M)

So is it finished at 6 episodes or are we getting more in february?

If they actually got up in space I think yes, I remember the art was similar but the show was super fucking boring

2nd part is out February 11

reaction image galore

Attached: 1638169878927.jpg (1920x1080, 383.33K)

Yeah I heard about that, but then again people were saying that we'd get 3 episoded today but we got 6.

netflix released it all in one go
it's fucking stupid since the second half is only going to be screened in 2 weeks

It probably wasn't released in nip netflix if they're screening it in theaters. Still, anyone with a vpn can just see it for free.

>most well known work
It's his only work.

Based

Oh good to know. So they released the entire thing in one go again. That's netflix for you...

it's shit
oshii and iso failed
all auteurs are trash and washed
isofags waited fifteen years for this shit

Attached: 1528829843792.jpg (671x657, 54.81K)

It's great actually

Only watched the first episode, but I ought to agree that it's been pretty underwhelming so far. Especially as far as art and animation are concerned. Plenty of dreadful design decisions, worse compositing than Dennou Coil, Last Vampire or those RahXephon episodes he added digital post processing effects for and little to no animated motion. Not sure what it was I was expecting, but it sure as shit was more than this.

Give it to me Doc, is it shit?

It's better than Dennou Coil

Okay, Char clone.

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E01 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF)-[27.03.956-27.17.177].webm (854x480, 927.53K)

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 563.77K)

Should I watch this or Dennou Coil first?

>that poster
Bruh

I hate youtuber sluts
I hate social media
I hate google

Dennou Coil. This is very much a spiritual successor.

Attached: 20220128_131317.jpg (1280x1600, 172.63K)

As expected from a Youtuber

>I hate youtuber sluts
>I hate social media
>I hate google

Get used to them because that one of the most on-point commentary this show made.

Doesn't seem like it's negative commentary though.

Yeah, it's more "a part of life" kind of thing.

Dennou Coil has one of the most delicately done worlds, and its virtual reality is delicately introduced, and secondary to its soul.

>anime original
Holy shit there's still hope.
I'd already given up on this season, gotta check this out then.

Worldbuilding is not the point, the sci-fi is just the stage for a new form or interpretation of spirituality and religiosity.
This show is a lot faster paced than Dennou Coil if that was part of your issue with it, otherwise you're probably not going to like it either.

I'm pretty sure Mina's intentionally meant to come off as an annoying e-girl.

lol does this kid use TOR?

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E01 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv_snapshot_00.54_[2022.01.28_16.30.55].jpg (1920x1080, 267.8K)

>original
Reminder that this one starts tomorrow.

Attached: rymans club.jpg (460x655, 137.82K)

I've finished two episodes so far, I really hope the plot slows down a bit so we can focus on the characters more.

The story's been pretty breakneck paced and the characters haven't really been given a chance to breathe at all. They just feel like one-note personalities that are being dragged along by a disaster movie plot.

Konoha's cute and Touya seems to know what he's doing (which is great for a protagonist) but the other kids feel very one-note.
But it's giving me the vibe that the other kids are meant to be annoying.
Miina especially feels like she's an intentional jab at obnoxious wannabe e-bloggers who say nothing useful and are a liability in any crisis because they're trying to film everything. And her brother feels like your stereotypical autistic "internet-trivia smart" 11 year old who's obsessed with e-celebs.

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E02 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv (00.20.41.991).jpg (1920x1080, 718.59K)

Oh, it's the how do you do fellow space youtuber kids show.
Does it get a full netflix dump or weekly release?

It's all out already

Some of the sci-fi stuff it's alluding to or referencing in the background is very intriguing so far too and feels like it's going to pay-off some time.
Reminds me of Kanata no Astra.

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E02 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv (00.20.18.008).jpg (1920x1080, 910.81K)

full netflix dump
I finished it two hours ago and it was awesome

Not all of it retards, just the 1st half.
Part 2 is out February 11.
youtube.com/watch?v=PZgW9ZmB150

Film part 2 is Feb 11, the ONA version is finished conclusively

retard

If you have no clue what you're talking about then shut the fuck up.
Yeah, you're a fucking retard.

>smart
>cunty
>handsome
>with a wicked sense of humor
Wow, this guy is literally me.

user, literally watch it. It's finished.

I watched all of it, retard.

Oh nice, it's longer than I expected.

Are they seriously getting taken hostage by an injured woman? I get that they're kids but come on.

Attached: a.png (1920x1080, 3.43M)

That's some great consistent quality, netflixbux well spent.

Then you'd know episode 6 ends with an epilogue.
It's not, but the episodes are double length, so it's functionally a 12 episode series.

>double length
They're 30 min and Oarana ED is 2 min ED. If you have no clue what the fuck you're talking about then shut the fuck up,.

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E04 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv_snapshot_07.18.881.jpg (1426x802, 155.28K)

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E01 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv_snapshot_06.45_[2022.01.28_16.50.47].jpg (1920x1080, 228.58K)

Okay, 1.5x length, with a double length first episode. Do you want me to describe literally everything that happened in the show, Mr. E04?

It ends on a cliffhanger, not that you fucking watched it anyway, you fucking retarded speedwatching zoomer faggot.

>It ends on a cliffhanger
No it fucking doesn't

Yeah it fucking does, seriously shut the fuck up and stop shitting up the thread.
They literally gather up and say they have to meet Seven out in space
Not that you even understood a quarter of what even happened, seriously fuck off underage retard.

Haha benis

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E03 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF)-[09.35.450-09.43.750].webm (1280x720, 1.24M)

When Touya says "We *should* hurry up and go there" it's thematically following on from his earlier conversation in that 11D space where he describes how humanity needs Science 2.0 (lol)
It's "further away" because it's transcended humanly accessible knowledge to an even greater extent.

>NOOOOOO ITS MUH HEKIN SYMBOLISM
Retarded pseuds like you kill any meaningful discussion on every show that doesn't have a 15 min exposition dump, just because you wanna play internet philosopher.
Even though they already did an exposition dump of what happened half a year later and how far humanity already reached as to set up stable colonies on the moon, UN 3.0 and fucking Touya and Konoha going Lunatic.
>that 11D space
You really didn't understand shit. This is why directors do 15 min exposition dumps in the first place, for retards like (You).

Attached: pretentious shithead.jpg (663x829, 109.7K)

You're embarrassing yourself now. Do you honestly believe that the ending left any room for a second part?
>Even though they already did an exposition dump of what happened half a year later and how far humanity already reached as to set up stable colonies on the moon, UN 3.0 and fucking Touya and Konoha going Lunatic.
Still nowhere close.
>You really didn't understand shit.
Okay, what would you call it? In the case of Dennou Coil's equivalent it could be called an afterlife and such, here it was just raw information.

>Start watching.
>An indescribable feeling of westernized Any Forums trash.
How does Netflix do it? Like, I would understand if there were niggers and trannies everywhere, but even without those elements every Netflix original somehow just doesn't feel like anime.
And don't tell me it's the lack of cunny, Ghibli and Makoto Shinkai don't have weeb shit either, but their movies still feel like anime.

Alright debate over
dualshockers.com/the-orbital-children-release-and-plot-explained-for-new-netflix-anime/

Attached: Capture10.png (908x424, 26.15K)

Absolute retarded dipshit.

stop reading garbage from some literally who clickbait site and actually look at what they're showing in japaneae theaters for part 2 retard

>This is because, in Japan, where the title is produced, The Orbital Children is being released a movie that will contain two parts
Crazy how the first part is 3 hours and 10 minutes long, has a complete ending and there's no promotional material featuring any characters that didn't appear in it. Also the MAL mods were somehow deceived when they contacted the producers to make sure.

There was no debate in the first place, used to be underage retards would get laughed out of the board for not lurking and talking about shit they have no fucking clue about, what a bunch of bullshit.
>Ghibli
>Shinkai
Because you have shit taste. Bet you watch shounen and romcoms too, you fucking zoomer.

The only thing I can even imagine you concluding is westernized is Yoshida Kenichi's designs, in which case you need to watch more anime.

Yeah, you fucking should kill yourself as soon as possible since you have no clue what the fuck you're talking about.

Attached: dekinai.jpg (772x525, 78.6K)

I'm amazed that something in production hell this long was this good.

>are you craving my mcnuggies

Why did Nasa kill herself? I don't get it.

Fucking hell I should stay out of this thread until I finish watching

It was spoiled, you dumbass.

The poem said she would. Just like it said Konoha would later

I know and I'm a dumbass

Attached: 1461169129069.png (1358x1080, 1.42M)

Before some retarded zoomer or some burger ESL replies to me again, I'll clarify this. The director is asking people who watched it on Netflix not to spoil the first part since in Japan it's airing as a movie and people who have yet to watch it by going in theaters could get spoiled before they see it. That's all.

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E06 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv_snapshot_28.06.400.jpg (1426x802, 161.4K)

To be fair, people misuse and overuse spoiler tags all the time on this site like dumbasses so you get desensitized to it.

Shut up you baiting faggot

You so triggered you got proved wrong? Shut the fuck up and never post again, your garbage got deleted for a reason.

That was a different user
Why don't you translate this for us?
twitter.com/mocchih_h/status/1487049019498983428

Some retard who thinks the second part is already up on Netflix. Now fuck off and never post again.

user...

Attached: 1621714087701.jpg (1920x1080, 454.58K)

Stop fucking posting your garbage and fuck off already. Don't fucking reply to me again, underage retard.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-01-28 180611.png (343x75, 4.84K)

give me time.

Nice, the thread is up. Finished episode 1 and it was cool. It really feels like Dennou coil sequel with how the show approaches the tech.
Interview with Iso.
youtu.be/ZFYwVAS0iaU

On a side news, it seems like Miyazaki'[s movie is almost done with the key animation process so it should be released later this year.
Confirmed by Inoue in this interview fullfrontal.moe/toshiyuki-inoue-interview/

>>“I am working on How Do You Live? right now. There are around ten cuts left, most of which are mine. I’m a bit late because I left Ghibli mid-production to work on The Orbital Children… When I’m done, the key animation should be complete.

>>As you may know, the animation director is Takeshi Honda, who’s doing a wonderful job. I can’t wait to see the movie when it’s finished: it’s a great balance between Ghibli’s animation and Honda’s unique sensibilities.”

Watched 2 episodes so far. It's alright.

Attached: nasa2.jpg (1920x2154, 1.91M)

I suppose aliased character layers are not production errors, and have some meaning?

I didn't notice them if there were any

Just binged this. Really liked it and thought it was cool. I don't like the usual "Genious kids, retarded adults" but it happened in Dennou Coil too, so I don't mind it too much.
However the general tone was over the place, some serious scenes didn't feel that tense (like the injured terrorist never shooting and handling the situation very poorly).
This had some weird "The Last Answer" vibes and it sort off stuck it's landing, given how soft the "sci-fi" was. Other than the typical "everyone is a supa hacka", it didn't feel too bullshit to me.
Overall it was a positively decent watch, even by Shitflix standards. Would stick my dick in crazy without a doubt.
I don't think a second part is coming soon, but the open ending sure does give me hope

Starts pretty good then turns into words words words words words words in the end, I want to fuck Mina tho.

It gets really bad in some scenes.

Attached: toc.png (1920x1080, 3.86M)

It doesn't, it's just a (You) problem.

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E03 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv_snapshot_03.00.715.jpg (1920x1080, 1.24M)

Just because you set your player up to try and fix them doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That said, this isn't something a good encode won't fix.

>like the injured terrorist never shooting and handling the situation very poorly
She was using a fake/toy gun.

I didn't try to fix them, that's how a properly set up player should look like. Not your aliased, washed out and desaturated shit, projecting cuck. I use the same setup for every series.

I must've missed that part lol

>the absolute state of Any Forums

I'm using mpv out of the box and using the first torrent up for the show. That's how the show is. If anything, yours is overtuned.

Sorry, I speedwatched

Attached: 1626393118554.png (480x360, 180.76K)

She really, REALLY took the poems too seriously

>mpv out the box
So you have no fucking clue what you're doing. Absolute retard. Lmao.

>I must've missed that part lol

There's a reason why she got interested in the 3D printers

You have no idea how videos and players work. Stop pretending.

>mpv out the box
>You have no idea how videos and players work. Stop pretending.
The absolute state of tech illiterate zoomers, lmao.

Attached: mpv.jpg (640x636, 51.76K)

the girls are cute.

I prefer watching anime like this

Attached: mpv-shot456.jpg (1920x1080, 818.07K)

Might as well just use VLC.

Yeah, I saw . And instead of admitting you have no clue what the fuck you're doing, you just double down on being a retard that cries about it. Lmao.

The first two episodes were so-and-so, not exactly bad and had some pretty good sci-fi concepts.
But the second half of the show was brilliant.

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E05 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv (00.25.57.639).jpg (1920x1080, 866.46K)

It was the opposite for me. I liked the first few episodes but once it started to talk more about the Seven Poem, it started to lose me. Started liking it again after Nasa died.

>download mpv
>download some shit rip
>do no research or setup on how video players work or how to set them up to watch anime
>wtf why does it look like shit?
>n-no you h-have no idea how video player w-work s-shut up

Attached: mpv out the box.jpg (1213x2048, 263.92K)

so you disliked one (1) episode?

Didn't dislike it. Just wasn't as interested.

Not the same user
Can't even make a joke anymore, holy hell

Attached: file.png (201x67, 3.47K)

Fucking Netflix

The character designs and overall look are very refreshing from the usual art styles these days. It actually drew me in when watching the trailer. I didn't even realise it was today

They're not that out there

You're not funny, cringe ass retard.

Attached: still crying about it.png (1597x558, 99.59K)

why is there a schizo here

Why are you here retard? Don't you have some other shit to speedwatch?

live

What's this then?
twitter.com/nyoppo/status/1487068481958780936

blog.sakugabooru.com/2022/01/28/from-dennou-coil-to-the-orbital-children-mitsuo-iso-animating-the-future/

Attached: 1.jpg (1440x1800, 298.67K)

Looks cyberpunky with all those ads, but a more modern realistic version where the ads are all colorful like the shitty corporate ads we have today. I like it.

I laughed when they got out UNIQLO space suits and said they're cheap and don't help too much.

/fa/ must be boiling.

>netflix all in one release
Why are they doing this, it kills any sense of hype and interest.

It took a decade for it to get made at all. Anyone who knows and cares about it (and Mitsuo Iso in general) will watch it anyway.

I guess it's normal for Netflix(?) shows but it's so fucking weird to me how their anime release just come with like six different dubs on release.

At this point I just watch it as a really long film, or as two films released back to back

How are we feeling about the show? For me it's an instant favorite (Dennou Coil was already a favourite and this was better)

OH FUCK I FORGOT
I waited 15 years for this shit. Or since whenever Dennouch Coil ended.

Did they dump the entire series or just the first half? I hope it's not complete yet, I want to speculate.

First half

they dump the entire series (6 episodes)

I still love this style. Feels good having some shows with more down-to-earth character designs for once.

Literally me but with fanart.
This guy is already best boy.

Attached: three followers.jpg (1294x724, 139.26K)

There's a schizo everywhere nowadays. It might just be generational.

It's their model that got them so big, must be working.

Literally every attentionwhore nowadays.

Attached: 24527583636.jpg (1298x728, 104.77K)

Only watched the first episode so far but I already love this. It's always good when an anime isn't wasting half of the time with pandering and using it for story and worldbuilding instead.
I like off-handy the failed chip experiment was introduced. If it was another series the first minutes would have been an infodumb about that shit and tell us which children are affected and how instead of intermingling information with character actions. I like the little tidbits too like the hand phones or foldable astronaut's helmets.

bump im watching it

you use fanart to stay in touch with people?

It felt too much like Char's Counterattack, but without mechs or as memorable characters.

No but I am only using twatter to not miss any new fanart for the things I like. Only thing that website is good far.

last episode

Damn I don't want to finish this, I don't want to wait another 15 years for his next series.

fuck i knew it, the premise was so similar to something i watched it recently but i couldnt remember it

Heh, you're not the only ones that picked up on that.

>2020
I wish

Attached: 36206.jpg (411x201, 10.07K)

>2010 humans on Mars
Did Iso literally start writing this show in 2007 right after Dennou Coil was finished?

rips when?
is it good?

Minna Minna, Mina!

I love it so far but it should have been a 12 episode series to give more room to character development/interaction and the mysteries.
One great thing about Dennou Coil was the mystery and how it was like to live and play in a world where advanced AR was ubiquitous. This series here is a bit too fast and action-oriented for my taste. Genuinely feels like a longer movie.

see

Are you the kind of person that says "Evangelion took place in 2015. Why don't we have giant cyborg mechs yet??"
It's a work of fiction with its own fictitious history.

The official website very clearly says 全6話シリーズを3話ずつ前後編として劇場公開。

its not over yet mate

so next season will be about space traveling no?

retard

No but people usually let these things take place in the future to make it seem like a possible development instead of going into alternative present time territory when they are sci-fi.
NGE started 1994 so 2015 was set decades in the future.

Retarded mass repliers like you should get fucking banned. Keep crying about it, absolute idiot.
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=24315

Attached: kill yourself.png (195x63, 3.16K)

>Japan
What a strange coincidence that the date of the second part is the same as the release of episodes #4-#6 in japanese theaters

What a strange coincidence you keep crying about being wrong constantly. Neck yourself retard.

>waited 15 years for this series
>thread is dead
>80% is shizo arguing
Is Any Forums legitimately dead? Why?

netflix releases all at once definitely kill hype

Yeah I still don't get why they cannot just make both parties happy.
Just release it weekly and the binge fags can watch it when it's over. Arguing with spoiler threats is dumb because it's the weekly watchers that love to talk about the series and speculate. Bingers don't give a shit, to them it's not a hobby, it's just some method to spend the evening with.

>thread is dead
>50% is retarded speedwatching redditor zoomers who don't understand a thing from the little they paid attention to
>30% is your crying ass about part 2 and being a projecting retard crying about it constantly, you actual fucking illiterate schizo
>20% is people who tried to have an actual discussion but you're too retarded to even be able to
>Is Any Forums legitimately dead? Why?
If you're asking that in the first place then you obviously haven't been here when the whole site went to shit, newfag retard. Not that your retarded ass is contributing anything by crying about it either but you can keep shitting yourself.

Fuck off dipshit, you're not able to discuss anything about any shows, all this board is ever filled with is spics shitblasting each other about shounen or coomers beating off to whatever flavour of the month romcom garbage is airing.
Every other fucking weekly show that aren't those just fucking die all the same. You're exactly the reason why this board fucking died.

I am here since 2008 I know this otherwise I wouldn't have known the times when Any Forums was still a fast-paced board, stop dragging it further down with seethe posting and double posting, everybody sees the old post with the typo anyway.
This is why I was so adamantly against Moot's decision to allow fucking Naruto. I don't get why get triggered because of me, asshole, get angry at the shounen fags. I posted about Dennou Coil on here when this board wasn't flooded with shizos like A*K and you.

You're a fucking dipshit newfag who has no clue what the fuck he's talking about, esl retard. You're just like every other fucking retard who comes in here pretending to be "le oldfag". Actual fucking mentally ill schizo, who thinks everyone else is crazy just because you're a fucking retard who has no clue what he's talking about and gets called out for it. Only one seethe posting here is your retarded ass constantly bitching and crying and throwing a tantrum fit because you can't accept being wrong and clueless.
Fucking everyone knows about Naruto shitting up the board, you're not proving anything by looking shit up that's common knowledge.
Cry about it some more though and keep shitting up the thread even more, hypocrite mentally ill fucking retard.

Mina is exactly the annoying type of person I imagine youtubers to be.
Absolutely agree. The characters were one of the high-points of DC, but only Touya and Konoha are working for me here. I guess them being trapped and the synopsis a being survival plot forbids any slow development, but this exactly why I hate survival stories.
The only genuinely good one I can think of is Magnitude 8.0.

buttmangled

You cannot prove your an oldfag, I cannot prove I am an oldfag, this discussion is retarded because this board is anonymous and I have 0 proof that I was already posting here in 2008 because of melonpan mentioning Any Forums in a post on his blog when he still had a blog before 2009.
Let's just discuss the fucking series instead each other or that second season shit argument with the other user.

Wow that was bad. Like all the worst parts of Dennou Coil (too much exposition, supernatural shit) turned up to eleven, and mediocre art/animation for most of it too. Konoha and Shunin were complete non-characters.

Assblasted. Keep crying about stupid shit nobody gives a fuck and a series you didn't watch, better yet fuck off and keep arguing with the voices in your head.
melonpan is the most fucking normalfag ironic weeb fucking garbage that you could have brought up, nobody gives a fuck either way about all that shit. If you're gonna discuss the series then discuss it.
Either way, as much as I liked this... Animation is sparse but there wasn't much to animate anyway and CG is the norm for sci-fi and was pretty decent which at least in turn meant there was no QUALITY. 6 episodes is way too short for such a script, 12 would have worked a lot better, there's barely any world building, there's no time for any natural character development, the plot is kinda cliche but still interesting since sci-fi anime is rare as it is, especially harder sci-fi and the whole thing is just underdeveloped in every aspect.
Wasn't worth waiting 15 years for this, should have been a TV series or at the very least should get remade into one if it does well.

Attached: keep crying about it.png (495x492, 220.51K)

cont.

By the end it felt a lot like Vivy. In a bad way. Everything is resolved by "hacking" (no further explanation needed), AIs don't behave like computers but like autistic humans. Konoha survived through the power of not giving up. None of it made sense, it felt like they wrote themselves into a corner and couldn't figure out a satisfying way to end it. The conclusion was so saccharine it reminded me of Sword Art Online with every character being such a genius they turn out to be at the top of their respective fields. Of course all the adults are forgotten. Hell no one even pretended to care for the one that died for more than 2 seconds.

It started out promising but the execution was so half-baked. Bizarre.

I liked it but I'm not sure if it's because I've been waiting 15 years for Iso to direct something else. The characters were fun, just like in Dennou Coil but they never truly felt fleshed out by the end, which is probably due to the short runtime.

I feel that Iso's strong point are down-to-earth stories smale scale sci-fi.
Dennou Coil was awsome imo because let us experience this AR world from the kid's PoVs while having some mystery hovering in the background that told is there is more than meets the eye in there. The kid's were imo relatable and fun to watch and so was the crazy grandma, it was a bit like the early parts of a RPG in which you have smaller missions to complete and learning about the world, having fun and meeting the enemies like Sachi.
And then there was the serious shit later, but it was all character related drama. Not much super hacking, live-and-death situations or survival drama, it was emotion focused. It was about the dead brother, the close ones that suffered, about the past and drama between the characters. I remember how much it blew my mind when they casually mentioned that the MC was a bully in her past because she was just the nice insecure character so far. It gave these people life.

None of this is present here because it's a fast paced action series. I like it, so I am not disappointed. And it's clearly among my top three for this rather weak season. But thinking about it it doesn't come close to Dennou Coil.

it's not a netflix original, they just got streaming rights. and it is getting theatrical screenings, it's airing in theaters as two films.

that's not how that works at all user...

Netflix aired both film parts as a six ep series. The movies cover three eps each. There won't be more in February, this is it.

I hope Iso will write something else again and that it won't take another 15 years.
I wonder why it took so long to begin with, and what jobs he had in the meantime.

Iso's twitter is nothing but him retweeting cool tech shit which is probably why so much of the mechanics of the space station are so painstakingly detailed and thought out

Is there romance in this

Iso has a lot more respect for sci-fi than most writers nowadays. It's refreshing.

let's do some quick math then

28mins * 6 eps = 168mins
so total netflix runtime: 2.8hours

part 1 film: 1hour, 40mins
part 2 film: 1 hour, 20mins
total film runtime: 3 hours

so no, this is all you're getting. Netflix dropped everything at once.

He was the first dude I have ever seen making a legit AR series. I don't mean AR just appearing in a series, being used only as plot device or some matrixlike stuff, but a somewhat normal Earth in a near future and a story that focused solely on AR. I am glad the first SAO movie did it too (albeit not as well), because I feel like this was a painfully underused setting.
But even actual VR is barely used. Most isekai only use it as cheap excuse intro to tell us that the VR game became real. For the .hack series there was at least some tech shit, hacking and glitching, viruses and such involved, other VR game series are basically pure fantasy.

>Gutsman ass.jpeg

No one gives a shit about your garbage, you retarded schizo, you didn't even know the runtime of the episodes in the first place, fuck off and kill yourself already.

i'm not the original guy and you can't deny these numbers by calling people schizo. just accept that you're wrong.

Keep crying about shit you have no clue about, schizo retard.

Just read the official website, moron
chikyugai.com/#intro_story
"All 6 episodes series will be released as 3 episodes before and after."

You are right user but please for sake of everything that's holy stop discussing it. This guy sounds like a fucking other guy who is plaguing Any Forums for years. It's probably not him and just a new type of shitposters that became common, but he won't stop posting so let's just discuss the anime.

alright here's the literal japanese on the page then
>全6話シリーズを3話ずつ前後編として劇場公開。

Notice the 6 and 3. I'd love to hear how you spin this around.

Shut the fuck up you absolute illiterate nigger, I'm not here to fucking put up with your mental illness, just let the fucking thread die already since you clearly didn't even fucking watch the series or care to.

the absolute state of denial, are you going through the stages of grief?

You're clearly fucking deranged, holy fuck. The absolute state of Any Forums full of schizos. Imagine being eternally assblasted because you have no clue what the fuck you're talking about and seething on this garbage thread of a series you didn't even watch and know nothing about.
Keep crying, retard.

name one thing i've said that was wrong

You still being alive. Keep crying.

you're the one in absolute tears because you can't read

Keep crying, illiterate schizo.

i wanted a comfy thread to discuss the series

Attached: 1643361289959.png (1200x848, 1.03M)

desu, she has a gun

It's 6 episodes you schizo niggers.

see you next month when no more episodes come out

No one cares shithead, see you next month when you're still not gonna have watched the series or know what the fuck you're talking about.

this is a perfect example of how cultist works

i've watched all of it and i loved it. so much that i read and saw there will only be 6 eps. crazy i know

We can only hope someone makes another one the next days with a samefag arguing with himself till the thread goes on autosage.
I partly blame Netflix and their binge policy. I wouldn't have know this series was out if I wasn't a diehard Dennou Coil fan who looked it up at least once a month since I heard about it the first time, which I also only know about thanks to a random Any Forums thread some year back.

Yeah I know you're crazy, your schizo ass also couldn't read the episode runtime and that the series is releasing as a 2 part movie in Japan, but keep crying about shit you have no clue about.

*withOUT
I should go to bed before 5am. I haven't watched all of the series so I cannot even react to the spoiler posts yet.

all of us have known it's screening as 2 movies in japan. your dumbass can't understand each movie only covers 3 eps each and that netflix already released the whole thing

I hope not and I hope you shitheads fuck off back to whatever coom thread you came out of, actual schizo retard. Thread is full of speedwatchers and mentally ill retards who can't even read.

>all of us
You and the vocies in your head don't count. Keep crying and shitting yourself.

you're the only one here who can't read

>no u
>muh double runtime
Says the illiterate retard who can't even read numbers. What a shit cope, lmao. Keep crying and shitting.

I don't even know why anybody would do this. It's probably a literal sperglord angry at the anime for looking too "western" or something so nobody is allowed to like and talk about it. Shit happened with Gridman too. I loved this series, but sadly it was and will always be impossible to discuss on here, thanks to a literal subhuman.

again that wasn't me that said double speed. and even if it was, i literally showed you how the math works even with your numbers. there's absolutely no denying that you're just wrong

Ain't nobody doing shit, let the thread die or just keep shitting and pissing yourself. I don't want to "discuss" anything with coomers and speedwatchers. Understand english? Now fuck off you paranoid schizo.

>the absolute state of Any Forums
Just don't make another thread.

on episode 3, i think it’s quite good so far. I dunno why people are complaining how it’s not long enough I can definitely see this being a 2 part film, feels like it was intentionally structured like that

Only gay one which surprised me

wtf is this thread

Attached: 9D72B437-AD8B-4414-BDAF-08CFFEF61512.jpg (1920x1080, 177.72K)

Man you fags fight over the stupidest things

Iso doesn't consider his stories sci-fi to begin with.

is anyone else going to watch it weekly?
sure it's technically a movie but i'm not watching anything else this season.

Attached: 1633768557483.jpg (1920x1080, 304.83K)

You could just work on your backlog

It's one guy baiting and like half a dozen anons falling for it.

Proof?

I went into it blind and a few minutes in I knew who made it.

still watching but why the fuck are everyone's hands phones?

just watch the first 3 episodes now and the next 3 episodes 2 weeks later like how the nips are doing it

bamp

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E03 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv_snapshot_20.22_[2022.01.29_10.51.34].jpg (1920x1080, 323.88K)

Why aren't your hands phones? Get with the times, gramps.

With enough heat applied it should be possible to fuse a phone with a hand.

Attached: 1526017692390.png (221x284, 126.59K)

What iteration of Lain is this already?

Attached: 1614888322289.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

At first I thought it would be dumb and uncomfortable but then I realized people hold up their phones with their left hand all the time anyway. I suppose the main problem with it is that you can't use two hands to control it.

Attached: 20220129_102709.jpg (1191x1684, 501.8K)

Imagine hacking people's handphones while they're on the toilet or showering.

>anonymoose is still a thing
cringe

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E05 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv_snapshot_05.11_[2022.01.29_12.51.32].jpg (1920x1080, 166.84K)

Could use correction

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E04 - MULTi 1080p WEB x264 -NanDesuKa (NF).mkv_snapshot_03.30.210.jpg (1920x1080, 223.57K)

>product placement and social media everywhere
Just because it’s accurate, it doesn’t mean I want this shit in my anime

Then it's not accurate.

At the end, anime and manga are just outlets for escapism. No need to pollute them with some of the worst aspects of mundane reality

Isn't that what cyberpunk is all about?

What is Netflix’s motive for turning a movie into a TV show? It’s so weird, I was wondering why there wasn’t an OP and the ED was so boring

Estonia is relevant!

Attached: tallinn.jpg (1366x768, 696.53K)

I liked the ED song at least

It was probably originally pitched as a 12 episode series, and condensed into 6 episodes to increase the animation budget per minute. The double movie release might have been a last minute decision, because the second half of episode 3 is pretty slow and contemplative, where a movie would normally end with a big climax.

nuh uh it's about muh cool neon skyscrapers and robots

And yet "hacking" is still drones shooting blinking lights at each other and people waving their hands

Why did they have to make the glasses kid "the youngest nobel prize winner yet"? They had enough super geniuses and important people in the group already. Was he too irrelevant otherwise?

She killed millions.

Attached: 1613496176040.webm (1920x1080, 1.37M)

As a rocket enthusiast, we had our own thread over on /sci/.

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E01 - Extraterrestrial Emissaries-[01.42.707-01.48.421].webm (1920x1080, 996.59K)

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E01 - Extraterrestrial Emissaries-[02.23.539-02.35.677].webm (1920x1080, 1.72M)

You know very well half of Any Forums will turn into terrorists the moment Any Forums stops existing like in that good old tearjerker comic.

Tiger and Bunny and Code Geass are still good though. It's not like I bought more pizza afterwards, as long as it means the budget is a bit higher than standard series I am fine with it.

If Any Forums died people would just move on to smaller chans and continue shitposting as usual

Old Cyberpunk was awesome, see Neuromancer. Modern Cyberpunk cannot be critical anymore because movies must make money and Disney doesn't like critical plots, so it's just generic action with neon lights that fools people into believing it was Cyberpunk.

I doubt it

Probably. Right now the alternatives are all shit imo but if Any Forums was dead more would join, maybe.

bump

how the fuck are you supposed to play phone games. and imagine people with small hands. they're cucked compared to people with large hands. hand phones are a dumb idea and they make me angry.

If they have wearable technology, then they're probably long past the point of normal phone games.

Is it worth watching it now with Netflix subtitles?

>who is Mitsuo ISO file?
you stupid fucking faggot, Mitsuo Iso is literally the greatest living 2D animator and he revolutionized handdrawn animation with "full-limited sakuga". Also Dennou Coil came out before virtual reality was a thing, it predicted the entire future we live in right now. FUCK YOURSELF.

Bravo, Estonia!

yeah, it's watchable
I didn't notice anything weird in netflix's subtitles, and the video is decent

Ignobel Prize

>Kenichi Yoshida

>Also Dennou Coil came out before virtual reality was a thing, it predicted the entire future we live in right now
Not even the reason it's good

THICC

She was already coughing up blood from God knows what, she may as well have done that.

Touya's uncle straight-up said so.

Everyone loves Yoshiface.

This, and the poem predicted one person would die that day, so she probably believed she could save someone else (Konoha?) by martyring herself.

Sadly it’s not, it’s not bad but Dennou Coil is exceptionally good.

I know it is, it's on my favorites list. This is better.

Still true though, it was an utterly revolutionary show (while missing some things at the same time like how the kids use some kind of image board/website instead of social media).

Just finished watching. It’s a good attempt to engage with interesting and relevant questions about technology and society, and it’s beautifully done, but I wish it were longer. The story doesn’t get to breathe, which especially hurts the characters and world building as said. The biggest flaw is that the story brings up the issue of humanity’s inability to govern itself with Seven’s prophecy, and even supports it with the very likable character of Nasa, but then just drops the issue. I mean it’s not like Iso could put out a series that fully explored that, but it was a letdown.

Ultimately I’m really glad that we got a new Mitsuo Iso show even if we had to wait a long time, but it’s not going to replace Dennou Coil for me.

That's not what made it good, Iso maintains that it's not even sci-fi and I'm inclined to agree.
The only reasons I can see for preferring Dennou Coil over this are its atmosphere, that it's less political and that there's more of it. I prefer CSS's high-tension over atmosphere though and the two other points are the opposite of what I want.
Maybe you could argue Shintoism is cooler though, and that would fair.

Whoops, thought you were replying to something else

Oh wow, didn't know this was coming so soon.

Is it just a preview episode or is the whole season starting broadcast?

Yeah I’m not saying that’s exclusively what made it good, I was just saying that was one of its big features.

I actually fully agree with your points there about reasons to prefer Dennou Coil. See my review here

It's finished

The way space and 0g character animation is depicted here is great, I don't think we've had a non Gundam work do that in ages.
It's nice to also get a sci-fi anime that is really focused on showing a very believable depiction of space.
I think aside from Gundam the last one to do that and focus on it was probably Planetes.

The "Spacenoid/Earthnoid" and "Newtype" references in the first episode made me giggle.
It's so funny how it was just Gundam without mecha.
I liked it so far.

Fuck I forgot about Knights of Sidonia, had a lot of that too,

I wish we could just get decent sci-fi again a bit more often. I liked this show. Hell I even liked Astra.
All I want is actual sci-fi which became increasingly rare somehow. Lots of series are tagged with that, but a lot of times it's just fantasy or present times with mechs or school battle harem with laser guns and there is rarely anything else even hinting they are living in a technologically advanced future.

That's one thing to look forwards to from streaming.
There's potential here for it to pick up the gap in the anime industry that the OVA market used to fill.
We can only hope the right artists are given those opportunities in the future.
Netflix has already done a pretty decent job at backing a few sci-fi anime already,

>There's potential here for it to pick up the gap in the anime industry that the OVA market used to fill.
True. So far the Netflix related anime were almost always niche, compared to what is mainstream nowadays. AICO was another good example of a genuine sci-fi I quite enjoyed.
Lots of these series anons remember so fondly nowadays were OVA as you said, not tv anime, because the latter is aiming for a more casual audience, whereas a huge part of the world has access to streaming services, so you find millions of die hard sci-fi fans on there, genuine fantasy fans, thriller fans and all that which means they are more likely to pay for such shows.
Plus the budget is usually good, or at least better than what you get from the typical tv anime.

I can't help but feel like Netflix has gotten significantly less ambitious with their originals since 2018 though (keep in mind that they helped fund VEG, Devilman Crybaby, B: The Beginning, Sirius, AICO, Hero Mask and Sword Gai all at the same time).
This year we've got this, Spriggan and Vampire In The Garden.

this post is such pseud horseshit
streaming is mainstream retard
you're not part of some epic global sci-fi community by subscribing to netflix
netflix is a for profit company; squid game didnt blow up because it targeted a niche
it blew up because it appealed to everyone
netflix drops and cancels shit all the time that doesnt perform so if there was such a niche it'd get a season before getting cancelled
also your taste is garbage
aico was terrible as a show and even more garbage as sci-fi (it's science fantasy like most pop sci-fi)
you guys dont give a shit about real sci-fi, you just want a gritty aesthetic window dressing that reminds you of the shitty ova days when everything was trying to be ripoffs of western movies
godzilla sp was by far the hardest animated sci-fi in years and it's not even a contest but i bet you didnt watch it cause it looks like the wrong kind of sci-fi
like this movie its not a real netflix original either; netflix just got streaming rights

I feel like this alone is very ambitious though.
A sci-fi anime of this quality is no small feat, especially all the design work that goes into the setting.
There was also Arcane, which I think they had a part in funding.

>I feel like this alone is very ambitious though
Yeah but Iso-sama spent like half a decade or more trying to get it made.

Yeah but it's not too bad I think. It's still January so some series might only be announced later and some of the early series like B or Hero Mask weren't that good imo. It might also be a lot of coincidence, depending on which studio they ask. Fena for example started well and the premise was good, but later it fucked it's own plot up but I don't think this was the fault of anybody but the script writer.
Plus we had a bunch of other good shows in 2020/21 too. It might vary of course but I don't think it means it's some downward spiral.
I was talking about anime mainstream not general mainstream. Anime mainstream is shounen, isekai, idol stuff and harem and chances are high that every other series might be ignored which is suicidal if it's an original with no manga or VN to boost. Netflix and shit is less otaku focused, so there are more potential watchers that might see and get interested in a hard sci-fi or psycho-thriller anime or something political like LotGH and originals make money thanks to the streaming services instead of hoping for BD sales they will never get unlike it's some Madoka or TaB.
>netflix drops and cancels shit all the time that doesnt perform so if there was such a niche it'd get a season before getting cancelled
Most anime, tv or not, only have one season so there is no difference here, especially not if it's originals that are meant to be concluded afterwards anyway. The huge majority of tv anime manga adaptions end nowhere and don't get sequels either.

I liked B
Even if you don't like it, it's the type of thing that's historically been Production I.G.'s bread and butter.

Attached: 372192ffb2bc38421f40c466d3cd9028.png (1920x1080, 1.56M)

I strangely loved the crime part but didn't like the supernatural part.

The next series will be about sci-fi Madoka and her dennou coil dog. I forgot his name.

Attached: dfdsf.jpg (1163x652, 124.33K)

>get interested in a hard sci-fi or psycho-thriller anime
both vivy and odd taxi blew up without netflix's help so no, it's not required
vivy's quite soft sci-fi but of course it doesn't matter considering most anime sci-fi on netflix is soft as hell
on the other hand netflix anime has a garbage track record when it comes to quality
>VEG, Devilman Crybaby, B: The Beginning, Sirius, AICO, Hero Mask and Sword Gai
veg isn't even a real netflix original and the only one other than that that's remembered is crybaby. the rest are rightfully forgotten because they weren't even up to par with the most popular and basic tv anime that year.
>Most anime, tv or not, only have one season
glad it's confirmed that most netflix shitters haven't watched anime in years
more shows are getting second or more seasons than ever before
try looking at the next season and counting the sequels
literally half of the next season are sequels
and yes it's obvious not every single show will get a sequel because there's 40-50 shows coming out every season
if every show got a sequel there wouldn't be any room for new shows retard

>the rest are rightfully forgotten because they weren't even up to par with the most popular and basic tv anime that year.
B, Sirius and AICO all have fans even if they're forgotten by anime fans in general

I would even call Vivy quite sci-fi compared with what we usually get. I even liked it. I know most here seem to hate it unless it's all just backlash caused by its popularity. Wasn't a fan of the end, but this doesn't undo all the fun I had with it before. I agree about Odd Taxi. It should be a huge fucking sign what you can achieve if you just write a decent story instead of relying onto fanservice and copying of popular tropes. It's especially noteworthy because the people involved were literal whos who didn't even plan to make a BD at first because they expected nobody to buy it. And then it outsold most series of that season, including many of the big(ger) names.
You are right with VEG, I only mentioned it because the user talked about it. Personally I did enjoy AICO, Crybaby, Pretenders and this here a lot and some of the others I did enjoy at least enough to watch all of it, which is still okay since I tend to drop everything as soon as it bores me these days.
>if every show got a sequel there wouldn't be any room for new shows retard
I know but this was never my point. You used it as an argument against streaming services and the cancellation of shows and I disagreed because it isn't true. There is no greater chance of getting cancelled and ending nowhere with Netflix compared to tv anime. And as said many series are originals, which is always a good thing. But opinions.

Almost everything is forgotten by anime fans so it isn't anything new.
If you look back to older seasons there are usually maybe three shows out of 40 that stuck out enough to make people casually mention them later as it is the case with ID, Vivy or Odd Taxi. Even many with lively discussions are forgotten quickly because they are nothing but the flavor of the month.

I follow him too. At (my)2 am he dumps tons of retweets with that cool Robo and I.A, shit.

The sad part is they argue they are 2008 oldfags. That people are capable of arguing like this past their 25, maybe 30? is depressing. Earth do need an asteroid dropping.

I watched it in 2 parts, I didn't knew it was originally 2 movies but it works well like that.

Nothing bad about still having the same hobbies as an adult, but that one earlier topic in particular was retarded. I won't mention it but you probably know, glad we can actually talk about the series now. I just wish netflix dumping wouldn't almost always kill the hype.

I would feel watched all the time. At least I can cover my phone.

Yeah that sounds creepy. I also don't want to know how often you accidentally switch the phone one since it's on your hand.

The industry does not need more originals. To make a good original you need competent directors and solid screenwriters. Both of which are in limited supply and quite prized in today's industry. The few that are around are being wooed towards making movies, and I wouldn't blame them given how much better the odds of the production being good are. And even then making movies isn't a guarantee - just look at how badly Hosoda fell after his screenwriter left post-Wolf Children. Pompo, despite being an adaptation, was far more creatively interesting and experimental as a movie thanks to Takayuki Hirao who finally got a good directing gig after Yoyo and Nene.

Despite animators getting shafted in pay there's really no shortage of animators to make passable TV adaptations of popular manga or LN. Then you just cobble storyboards and scripts off the original source material and you have a passable production. Yes, passable adaptations are usually flavor of the month but I'd rather have a decent show that I might forget about in a year over an original trashfire like Japan Sinks/Wonder Egg Priority, or to a lesser extent the end of Vivy or Great Pretender. The few originals that do get remembered tend to be significantly above average because of staff in those roles; this movie series because Iso, Godzilla SP because Toh Enjoe, and Odd Taxi because Baku Kinoshita. Sonny Boy wasn't my cup of tea but I'd be stupid to say that Natsume Shingo's fingerprints weren't all over it.

The hobby part is not the problem we are all here, its the childish-agressive arguing. I always thought they are underaged 4channers doing it but I can't imagine one of those in a Mitsuo Iso thread.

I might imagine things and forget even more things but I feel like it's gotten worse for years. Surely since 2016 but then again there was another increase in 2018 or something.
Again I might imagine this or notice this more often. I don't mean the casual "retard" and all that, but that aggressive and frequent hate posting that sounds like it was made by an autistic angry gamer kid or something.
Maybe slow threads are simply more prone to that bullshit and lots of threads seem to be slow nowadays.

It isn't shit but it's certainly disappointing

Nasa was the best girl and they didn't really prove her wrong beyond telling her "no, u."

Attached: The Orbital Children - S01E05 - A Story Ends.mkv_snapshot_01.11_[2022.01.29_22.39.22].jpg (1920x1080, 873.94K)

Thanks for letting us know OP. Had no idea this was a coming.

I liked it, obviously couldn't measure up to Dennou Coil but still, it was good enough but you can really tell that Iso had to cut down a FUCK TON.
He said he had to cut 14 pages of storyboards in the 2nd half, so it's just sad that it had to be this way.
animeanime.jp/article/2022/01/28/67145.html
>In any case, there was not enough time for this story, and the material that was included in the scenario to make the story more convincing was crying out to be cut out, saying, "The story can be told without this part. ...... If I had had more time, I could have shown the story in a different way.

>Especially in the last part, many important scenes were cut. If you take a look at the "Storyboard Collection Episode 6", which is a special feature of the second part of the Blu-ray and DVD, you can see that there are about 14 pages of black pages at the end. This is a very important scene, both in terms of the story and the theme, and I had to cut it. I'm still waiting for the chance to show it to everyone in the form of a video.

I really can't shake how much this film feels like Iso responding to Gundam in some way, or transforming it's Newtype ideas into something that fits the modern day.
Back in the 70s Gundam's ideas on that were probably influenced by the new age spiritualism zeitgeist.
But here the evolution of humanity and adaptation to space is something that is facilitated through technology.
On a side note the rants Touya went on and that "duel" he had with Taiyou in the first episode felt like a parody of Amuro and Char in CCA.

I like how much thought they put into the design of the station and the equipment, if I had to sum it up in one word it's adaptation.
Usually there's a tendency to design space equipment in a very rigid utilitarian way to remind us of how dangerous space is, but the Uniqlo space suits, shoes with air jets, the soft fabric walls all have a very playful feeling to them, almost like the station itself is a playground, fitting for a cast of children.
These design choices casualize the space environment in a way that really sells the fact that humanity has completely conquered space and made it comfy.

Also this anime looks SUPER crisp. It felt like I was watching it in 4k

Attached: [EMBER] The Orbital Children - 06.mkv_snapshot_17.09_[2022.01.30_01.43.08].jpg (1920x1080, 132.05K)

He got Yoshida, too.

Yeah I also got a "Gundam minus gundams" vibe by the time of the finale

Did Nasa know everything was a triple-ruse by Seven? She gave Konoha a bunch of hints, but she also almost fucked it up when she tried to destroy Darkness Killer.

me! finally

uzumaki too

Wasn't uzumaki supposed to come out last year? I feel like I've been waiting forever

The MAL reviews are such a joke

Why would you read reviews by 15-year-old normalfags?

Attached: 20220130_091644.jpg (1280x720, 136.12K)