Did people lose their taste in color, why this bullshit?

Did people lose their taste in color, why this bullshit?

Attached: heat.jpg (3839x3238, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6b38i5-z30
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you make this?

hdr m8

why not?

You media player cannot read UHD, idiot!!

I think it's a conspiracy. They are trying to depress people, by slowly removing colors from everything.

The world used to be a brighter place - literally. And they are trying to obscure that fact.

Color is racist. The future is colorless.

This
The world is a greyer place than it was a decade ago

it's from a youtube review
youtube.com/watch?v=K6b38i5-z30

hdr is a meme. give me sdr any day of the week.

they got bigger screens with better contrast

10 years ago a 32'' was the norm, now its at least a 48''

the bigger screen you have the less light you need

its the same with dicks, the bigger the dick are the less glow it evaporates

It's player inconsistency. I'm not watching that vid but does he test it on multiple monitors and multiple players?

when the fuck is Ben Hur 1952 getting 4k?

they would butcher it by taking out all the color

Whenever I get the 2160p version, it always looks darker than the 1080p. I used to think it was my monitor, but I started checking different formats on RARBG, and sometimes they're bright, sometimes they're dark. Either way, I hate this trend of sapping all the colour from it.
>The world used to be a brighter place - literally. And they are trying to obscure that fact.
I think that's just nostalgia. In my mind the world when I was a kid was brighter in general. The seas were bluer, the light more intense, everything. Even media I remember with more glow and "power". But going back to certain ones they were not as bright as I remembered them. So it's probably just the mind making the past seem sweeter.

It's infuriating, why do they keep doing it?

>brighter
Your eyes also wear out and colors are less vivid with age so, yes, things were actually more vibrant when you were younger.

Bad mastering?

>UHD
>SD monitor
>b-but muh tonemap
KYS OP

>The seas were bluer, the light more intense, everything.
I think you are absolutely correct. The world is changing, and so is the Sun. The Sun shone more brightly before. But now it's getting "dimmer" and "cooler" and we are inching towards a polar shift.

Attached: FPVTLkOacAIUp0-.jpg (1428x2048, 381.98K)

Sauce? I don't feel like picking up cookie stringers from Sauc*NAO

Heat already is a dark, low contrast movie. If they made it even darker and less contrasty, I would say they fucked up either the film scan or the HDR mastering process.

I have noticed that HDR is still a work in progress. A lot of editors, studios and streaming services have no clue how to present the format. Adding to the confusion is all the different HDR formats: Dolby Vision, Dolby Vision IQ, HDR 10, HDR 10+. The industry needs to agree on some standards.

Also, I don't know why, but a lot show creators and film editors think HDR content needs to be dark, for some reason. The main advantage of HDR is the extra range in the brights, not the darks. Having 2-3 stops of range on, say, a sunlit window sill, or the twilight horizon, is the advantage of HDR, not crushing the darks in night scenes.