The Hobbit live action films fucking sucked, but they were oddly soulful. Is this how star wars prequelfags feel?

The Hobbit live action films fucking sucked, but they were oddly soulful. Is this how star wars prequelfags feel?

youtu.be/2fngvQS_PmQ

Attached: 1663274091301952.png (1403x583, 1.7M)

Why did they include Saruman in this?

No, because the Hobbit at least is watchable.

You're being very generous. The third hobbit film, to me, is worse than the worst prequel movie. It is so fucking awful with no redeeming qualities.

if you include Sauron, you have to include his man

The third one was so dumb it made my brain hurt. The battle was retarded, and was that Billy Connelly larping as a dwarf? Jesus... But I liked Smaug, so it's hit-and-miss for me.

Are we now retroactively liking the Hobbit films because Rings of Power sucks?

What was actually wrong with the films

Only the first 30 minutes or so of the first movie are soul. Once they leave the shire that stops.

Everyone should have known The Hobbit was going to be a mess after all the production troubles, especially once they announced it would be split into three movies when the original plan for two was already stretching things. Honestly, they would he way better if a bunch of stuff just got cut out.

>soulful

Attached: elves.jpg (492x388, 39.1K)

I just remembered that 90% of that movie was capeshit battle. Why the hell did Jackson have to do 3 episodes?

They're just bloated with elements that don't need to be there. They take focus away from the dwarves who are supposed to be the main characters and spend too much time with original characters, which includes Legolas since his role is entirely original to the movies when he was implied to only have a cameo originally.

Yup. Sequels came out and now the brown zoomers worship the prequels.

>last 7 years of this board have been "EVERY SINGLE SHIT THING I LIKED AS A BABBY IN THE 2000s WAS ACTUALLY LE GOOD, PLEASE VALIDATE ME!!!!!"
>we are now entering that period of the 2010s

Attached: oq4ccctjq7e51.png (1920x1920, 196.77K)

Well aside from the romance being forced and boring, I don't see how some of the added parts really take away
But then again those do make up such a large part of the movies that it is a little silly why they didn't add on things in the book they didn't include

No, they are terrible films. The love triangle was awful, the battle of five armies looked stupid and the battle in dol guldur was like a stupid video game.

The producers deserve a lot of the blame because they wanted to have three movies instead of two.

Smaug was pretty cool, even if it was way too big.

Abortion of a trilogy. Hobbit is not a LoTR prequel. It is a children's story. It should've been a hand drawn animated film. Not this failed attempt at repeating LOTR again.

Good things:
>New Zealand as Middle-Earth still comfy
>Sound design, set design, costume designs
>Casting is on point
>Radagast cameo was neat
>Riddles in the Dark
>Thranduil
>Smaug

Bad things:
>more CGI instead of practical forced perspective because of the 3D fad gimmick bullshit
>more CGI means most orcs and goblins are mocap instead of actors in costumes
>set pieces added to make the story more "epic" but just stretch all the action into being way over-the-top and unbelievable
>only a few dwarves have any character
>entire storyline around Legolas who wasn't in the book taking away from dwarves
>entire love triangle storyline with Tauriel that ultimately serves no purpose
>Dol Guldur stuff was underwhelming
>Alfred

the ride never ends

It's funny how similar the progression of the Star Wars movies and LOTR movies is
>Guy creates universally beloved movie trilogy
>Guy revisits the universe a decade or so later and makes a widely derided prequel movie trilogy
>The IP then gets sold to a heartless megacorporation
>Mega corporation then creates a soulless goyslop product stuffed with minorities and a charisma-less action girl protagonist

5 armies is the opposite of soulful

There was lots and lots of great stuff in the Hobbit movies, they were just also bloated with shit that didn't need to be there to pad them out to three movies. They're pretty easy to fix too.

>remove everything with Tauriel/Kili
>battle with Smaug ends Desolation of Smaug instead of being tacked onto the first fifteen minutes of BOTFA
>remove pretty much everything with Legolas
>axe pretty much everything with that sniveling lakemaster servant guy

I don't mind all the White Council stuff, great actors, and Gandalf's scenes with Galadriel are perfect.

You're only saying this because Rangz of Powah is particularly shit so the Hobbit looks good by comparison. They're total shit and completely soulless.