So the show sucked

So the show sucked.
Are the books worth reading at least?

Attached: 36AE4F05-A51B-4ACC-8A6B-3883D9D61402.jpg (1024x1024, 155.8K)

They're alright, good for kids, as an adult I wouldn't recommend them. There's a shit ton of bloat and takes forever to get through, plus you need to keep a hundred characters in your head as you get later in the story.

>as an adult I wouldn't recommend them
You sound gay.
Plenty of adults read “children’s” books like The Hobbit.
Why is WoT any different?

Yeah they're fun. If you want good fantasy check out Robin Hobb's assassin's apprentice

they're okay. kind of just a lord of the rings knockoff at first, then it sort of becomes it's own thing.

Read book of the new sun by Gene wolfe my nigga

Attached: tumblr_9c21d70f351c1fa5485a388d423342e9_3adf590d_2048.jpg (1080x1960, 256.74K)

because of the time commitment, adults' time is more precious.

Redpill me on Assassin’s Apprentince

No its boring horse shit, I read 3 and a half books worth of this trash and it still didn't get good. A powerful moments and ideas spread through hundreds of pages bull shit.

Fantasy is a shit genre in general, the good series you can count on one hand and this isn't one of them. It only got

The books are great.

A boy and his wolf. Not wot fireball magic but more subtle stuff, and certain people are born with the ability to communicate with animals. Writer does the best character writing in fantasy I've read, and of the ~10 people I've gotten to read them everyone has really enjoyed them. Easily became my favorite books and something I read through periodically just for the enjoyment.

whats better then?

Of course.
Do you think they would sell as many books as asoiaf if they were bad?
Do you think they would have more nyt #1 bestsellers than asoiaf has books if they were bad?

>adults' time is more precious.
kek imagine being this full of yourself

How slow are they?
I’ve heard this series mentioned several times but the most consistent complaint about is the pacing.

So why did Jordan think it was necessary to include his bondage fetish in the magic system. Having women orgasm if a male channeler bonds they is based, but still

Attached: 1658863843686641.gif (651x758, 1.95M)

I think really only a portion of the first book is slow, but it's never exactly action packed. There's a lot of character development, the main series spans 9 books. There's probably slow bits throughout but the payoff is there. Definitely worth a shot if you're considering wheel of time, which like I said is fun but pretty simple.

WoT is extremely high fantasy. Unlike most series. The magic system is well fleshed out and OP as fuck, like a magic should be. Lotsa fun but you can skip almost every chapter to do with women...

first book is a comfy adventure story
I think I read up to the fourth book but maybe it was just the third didn't like them as much

They’re far better than the show. But there’s a lot of better fantasy out there. Read Cradle.

>skip almost every chapter to do with women
nigga that's like half the chapters

As someone who read the whole series I honestly can’t recommend these books to anyone. Jordan was in dire need of an editor and was unfortunately married to his, so she let him get away with horribly bloated poorly paced storylines that go nowhere and have little to no relevance to the main plot. The entire thing could have been wrapped up in less than ten books, and would have been one of the most highly regarded fantasy series ever, but instead it starts out weak, gets stronger until losing all direction at book 6 and aimlessly meandering towards a disappointing Sanderson-written mess of an ending

They are for kids and girls