Thread for the discussion of arthouse and classic cinema

Thread for the discussion of arthouse and classic cinema.

>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/87xyiJZ#3B2eXe2lmN2KbFNNEagggQ
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ webms with mpv
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm

Previous:

Attached: saiote novo.png (768x576, 808.76K)

Attached: 4736.png (576x445, 346.77K)

Kindly asking again which cut to watch.
3 or 5 hour?

Attached: Fanny&Alexander.jpg (261x381, 17.63K)

Both.

5 hours.

Attached: Save me Truffaut, SAVE ME.png (1273x509, 1.3M)

KEK
>Truffaut was an atheist, but had great respect for the Catholic Church and requested a Requiem Mass for his funeral.[26][27]
based Truffaut saving his soul just in case

Watch his film.

Attached: eo_02.jpg (1200x600, 156.17K)

5 hour but wait for christmas

I've dug more into these nameless screenshot collages, and it looks like the user has been making them since 2012. I've managed to find most of them, but I'm still looking for or not sure about some. Anyone know them?
>2012
Century of Birthing (Lav Diaz) / Holy Motors (Leos Carax) / It May Be That Beauty Has Strengthened Our Resolve - Masao Adachi (Philippe Grandrieux) / The Legend of Kaspar Hauser (Davide Manuli)

Low Definition Control - Malfunctions #0 (Michael Palm) / Life, A Long Way Away (Marc Weymuller) / Two Years at Sea (Ben Rivers) / Inni (Vincent Morisset)

Beyond the Black Rainbow (Panos Cosmatos) / Bunohan (Dain Said) / Hanezu (Naomi Kawase) / Nightfall (James Benning)

Love Story (Florian Habicht) / The Towrope (William Vega) / Differently, Molussia (Nicolas Rey) / Daimon?

Kuichisan (Maiko Endo) / Kotoko (Shinya Tsukamoto) / Samsara (Ron Fricke) / Mondomanila, or: How I Fixed My Hair After a Rather Long Journey (Khavn)

The Sound of Insects: Record of a Mummy (Peter Liechti) / Alps (Yorgos Lanthimos) / Under Snow (Ulrike Ottinger) / Shock Head Soul (Simon Pummell)

Attached: nameless 2012.jpg (1225x1843, 704.75K)

>2013
White Epilepsy (Philippe Grandrieux) / Venus in Fur (Roman Polanski) / Post Tenebras Lux (Carlos Reygadas) / Stranger by the Lake (Alain Guiraudie)

P-047 (Kongdej Jaturanrasmee) / Goltzius and the Pelican Company (Peter Greenaway) / The Last Time I Saw Macao (João Pedro Rodrigues & João Rui Guerra da Mata) / Fat Shaker (Mohammad Shirvani)

Metéora (Spiros Stathoulopoulos) / The Summer of Flying Fish (Marcela Said) / Lightning (Manuela Morgaine) / Norte: The End of History (Lav Diaz)

A Spell to Ward Off the Darkness (Ben Rivers & Ben Russell) / Lukas the Strange (John Torres) / Leviathan (Lucien Castaing-Taylor & Véréna Paravel) / Sieniawka (Marcin Malaszczak)

Stemple Pass (James Benning) / Never Die (Enrique Rivero) / Inori (Pedro González-Rubio) / Leones (Jazmin López)

Distant (Yang Zhengfan) / Bestiary (Denis Côté) / Lily (Matt Creed) / Celestial Wives of the Meadow Mari (Aleksey Fedorchenko)

Big Joy: The Adventures of James Broughton (Eric Slade & Stephen Silha) / 36 (Nawapol Thamrongrattanarit) / Fogo (Yulene Olaizola) / BAD FILM (Sion Sono)

Attached: nameless 2013.jpg (1225x2153, 761.71K)

>2014
The Distance (Sergio Caballero) / Story of My Death (Albert Serra) / Joy of Man's Desiring (Denis Côté)

Journey to the West (Tsai Ming-Liang) / 15 Corners of the World (Zuzanna Solakiewicz) / Concerning Violence (Göran Olsson)

Belleville Baby (Mia Engberg) / Manakamana (Stephanie Spray & Pacho Velez) / White Shadow (Noaz Deshe)

Barbaric Land (Yervant Gianikian & Angela Ricci Lucchi) / When I Will Be Dictator (Yaël André) / Hard to Be a God (Aleksey German)

Jauja (Lisandro Alonso) / Parasite (Anka Sasnal & Wilhelm Sasnal) / Mary Is Happy, Mary Is Happy (Nawapol Thamrongrattanarit)

Atlas (Antoine D'Agata) / Mouton (Gilles Deroo & Marianne Pistone) / Self Made (Shira Geffen)

What Now? Remind Me (Joaquim Pinto) / The Real Life (Arnaud Gerber) / Goodbye to Language (Jean-Luc Godard)

For the Lost (Pierre-Yves Vandeweerd) / The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears (Hélène Cattet & Bruno Forzani) / My Seven Places (Boris Lehman)

Attached: nameless 2014.jpg (920x2460, 731.9K)

>2015
Vanishing Point (Jakrawal Nilthamrong) / Horse Money (Pedro Costa) / La Sapienza (Eugène Green) / Motu Maeva (Maureen Fazendeiro)? / The Pearl Button (Patricio Guzmán)? / Paradise (Alain Cavalier) / Corn Island (Giorgi Ovashvili) / Son of Saul (László Nemes) / Moses und Aron (Romeo Castellucci)

The Forbidden Room (Guy Maddin) / From What Is Before (Lav Diaz) / Ícaros (Pedro González-Rubio) / The Move (Marat Sarulu) / Fish Tail (Joaquim Pinto & Nuno Leonel) / The Visitor (Katarina Schröter) / Field Niggas (Khalik Allah) / La zuppa del demonio (Davide Ferrario) / Winter Song (Otar Iosseliani)

Attached: nameless 2015.jpg (2750x615, 469.76K)

>2016
Godless (Ralitza Petrova) / Innocence of Memories (Grant Gee) / In the Last Days of the City (Tamer El Said) / Chamisso's Shadow (Ulrike Ottinger) / Lily Lane (Benedek Fliegauf) / Maestà, The Passion of the Christ (Andy Guérif) / The Son of Joseph (Eugène Green) / Staying Vertical (Alain Guiraudie) / River of Fundament (Matthew Barney)

The Death of Louis XIV (Albert Serra) / The Family (Liu Shumin) / Cemetery of Splendor (Apichatpong Weerasethakul) / Homo Sapiens (Nikolaus Geyrhalter) / Cosmos (Andrzej Źuławski) / Baba Vanga (Aleksandra Niemczyk) / The Sprawl (Propaganda About Propaganda) (Metahaven) / The Academy of Muses (José Luis Guerín) / Mariupolis (Mantas Kvedaravičius)

Attached: nameless 2016.jpg (2750x615, 1.31M)

>2017
Makala (Emmanuel Gras) / Spring Equinox (James Benning) / A Heart of Love (Łukasz Ronduda)

The Woman Who Left (Lav Diaz) / Let the Sun Shine In (Claire Denis) / By the Time It Gets Dark (Anocha Suwichakornpong)

The Last Land (Pablo Lamar) / Let the Corpses Tan (Hélène Cattet & Bruno Forzani) / Sleep Has Her House (Scott Barley)

Those Shocking Shaking Days (Selma Doborac) / A Yangtze Landscape (Xu Xin) / Maison du bonheur (Sofia Bohdanowicz)

Araby (João Dumans & Affonso Uchôa) / Dead Slow Ahead (Mauro Herce) / Caniba (Lucien Castaing-Taylor & Véréna Paravel)

Another Year (Zhu Shengze) / All the Cities of the North (Dane Komljen) / El mar la mar (J.P. Sniadecki & Joshua Bonnetta)

Children Are Not Afraid of Death, Children Are Afraid of Ghosts (Rong Guang Rong) / Fall Equinox (James Benning) / Untitled (Michael Glawogger & Monika Willi)

Attached: nameless 2017.jpg (920x2140, 642.73K)

>2018
Unicorn (Eduardo Nunes) / De sperme et d'eau fraîche (Yann Gonzalez) / ?

The Shape of Water (del Taco) / Still Life (Maud Alpi) / Obscuro Barroco (Evangelia Kranioti)

Drift (Helena Wittmann) / An Elephant Sitting Still (Hu Bo) / Meteors (Gürcan Keltek)

High Life (Claire Denis) / Sfumato (Christophe Bisson)? / The Image Book (Jean-Luc Godard)?

I Can Come in Your Dreams? / Jonaki (Aditya Vikram Sengupta) / Possessed (Rob Schröder & Metahaven)

Knife in the Clear Water (Xuebo Wang) / What Happens to a Displaced Ant (Shirin Abu Shaqra) / The Wild Boys (Bertrand Mandico)

Ága (Milko Lazarov) / Tower. A Bright Day. (Jagoda Szelc) / Little Crusader (Václav Kadrnka)

Attached: nameless 2018.png (920x2140, 3.11M)

>2019
Liberte (Albert Serra) / Information Skies (Metahaven) / Birthday (Hilal Baydrov)

Symphony of the Ursus Factory (Jaśmina Wójcik) / Atlantis (Valentyn Vasyanovych) / The Tree (André Gil Mata)

So Pretty (Jessica Dunn Rovinelli) / L. Cohen (James Benning) / White Noise (Antoine D'Agata)

Around the World When You Were My Age (Aya Koretzky) / In Touch (Paweł Ziemilski) / Living and Knowing You Are Alive (Alain Cavalier)

Heimat is a Space in Time (Thomas Heise) / Leaning Into the Wind: Andy Goldsworthy (Thomas Riedelsheimer) / Long Day's Journey Into Night (Bi Gan)

Then Comes the Evening (Maja Novaković) / Earth (Hiroatsu Suzuki & Rossana Torres) / Koko-di Koko-da (Johannes Nyholm)

? / It Must Be Heaven (Elia Sulieman) / Island of the Hungry Ghosts (Gabrielle Brady)

Attached: nameless 2019.jpg (920x2140, 671.22K)

>2020
? / The Painted Bird (Václav Marhoul) / Ecstasy (Moara Passoni)

This is Not a Burial, It's a Resurrection (Lemohang Jeremiah Mosese) / Red Moon Tide (Lois Patiño) / ?

Gunda (Viktor Kossakovsky) / The Metamorphosis of Birds (Catarina Vasconcelos) / Los conductos (Camilo Restrepo)

? / Last and First Men (Jóhann Jóhannsson) / White on White (Théo Court)

Bird Island (Maya Kosa & Sérgio da Costa) / Stories from the Chestnut Woods (Gregor Božič) / Purple Sea (Khaled Abdulwahed & Amel Alzakout)

Vitalina Varela (Pedro Costa) / February (Kamen Kalev) / The Trouble with Being Born (Sandra Wollner)

Attached: nameless 2020.png (920x1836, 2.91M)

>2021
A Shape of Things to Come (J.P. Sniadecki & Lisa Malloy) / Zeus Machine. The Invincible (David Zamagni & Nadia Ranocchi) / Wood and Water (Jonas Bak)

Titane (Julia Ducournau) / Family Constellations (Robert Cambrinus) / ?

Strawberry Mansion (Kentucker Audley, Albert Birney) / Taste (Bao Le) / Bucolic (Karol Pałka)

Anonymous Animals (Baptiste Rouveure) / The Balcony Movie (Paweł Łoziński) / The Fisherman's Daughter (Uldus Bakhtiozina)

? / Moon, 66 Questions (Jacqueline Lentzou) / ?

Mad God (Phil Tippett) / To the Moon (Tadhg O'Sullivan) / Feathers (Omar El Zohairy)

any help would be appreciated

Attached: nameless 2021.png (920x1836, 3.07M)

It's over

has any central american country ever made a film worth watching?

found Han Ye at my gran's

The Harder They Come is from Jamaica