Is the "Manic Pixie Dream Girl" the equivalent of "prince charming" for men?

also, googling I got pic related
but aren't all these characters kind of bitches?

Attached: 098d34d7b9f395099cb3d9b0b2c749ac.jpg (640x899, 402.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllGirlsWantBadBoys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, actually its the equivalent of "nice guy who gets the girl in the end" for women

Yes.

Attached: 506BED03-D3C6-4087-B93E-EAE45464CA83.png (961x767, 749.6K)

But can't a nice guy get a girl in IRL?
I'm talking about how it's pure fantasy to think any prince would care for some random woman, or that a woman would help some random depressed dude

no these woman are terrible narcissist
sweet fuck no

>nice guys who get the girl in the end are meek but everyone loves them anyway
>MPDG are bitches but everyone loves them anyway

yes, sorta. more like:
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllGirlsWantBadBoys

This is where the Manic Pixie Dream Girl peaked

Attached: Bringing_Up_Baby_(1938_poster).jpg (1200x1824, 608.31K)

lovely movie

I kind of want to see a movie about a manic pixie dream girl who can't stop running into sullen nerds at record stores/bookshops etc who then clumsily hit on her

Attached: 1655784352034.jpg (960x758, 145.5K)

Happy Go Lucky is an actual subversion of the Manic pixie stereotype. It starts off as Amelie, and then she meets this rotten incel whos obsessed with her. She ends up with chad at the end after putting the incel in his place.

as in a meme but not a real thing? yes

>faggot screencap

holy shit Twilight is like anime...but for WOMEN. wow what an original fucking take.

It appeals to immature men who haven't undergone individuation. At least marrying a perfect Prince Charming is a reasonable (though impossible) fantasy for women. Wanting a girlfriend who magically shores up the deficits in your personality. People who lack confidence, ambition, and personality so completely that they fantasize about an external source simply bestowing it on them.
>aren't all these characters kind of bitches?
Exactly. Part of this fantasy is the appeal to unassertive men. Every aspect of the MPDG archetype contains some part of a man's personality that is missing. That's what the fantasy is - not really about finding a romantic partner, but the actual "missing half" of your own personality. The part that goes on adventures, stands up for itself, expresses itself, etc.

Attached: jungsTombAndWomb.jpg (800x987, 364.1K)

Correct.
Only loser men want this.
Same as only loser women want nice guys.

No, but it's the biggest trap young men have suffered in the last one hundred years.

>screenshot
Anyone that was watching It's always sunny at that point is a retarded faggot.

can women just fuck off?
>you can't have a girlfiend
>you can't sexualizae this and that
>stop creating characters that appeal to you
>and yes sex dolls/bots should also be banned

I want that but expanded, like if 500 Days Of Summer was just her going about her art hoe life but literally every stupid record store or alt-fashion consigment clothes store or bullshit matcha latte cafe she goes to, there's some mopey arts dork or frustrated """"""""""writer""""""""" who awkwardly chats her up

And then you end with her going home where she indeed has an ultra chad bf

Attached: 1649129972718.jpg (960x1131, 121.88K)

i can't tell if you are cuck or incel

Attached: 106a89984cdb8be103eeb4dcb6cf16e1.jpg (300x199, 11.76K)

>a good boy
>a bad boy
>a good bad goy