So if this guy is a ghost... why does he look like this? What the fuck did he look like when he was alive?

So if this guy is a ghost... why does he look like this? What the fuck did he look like when he was alive?

Attached: 41AAD889-C868-447D-9987-2A54060F4A73.jpg (776x527, 54.27K)

yo momma

An American

Go to bed, Akmed.

Kek

Probably a regular fat guy. I bet the ghosts turn more cartoony the longer their dead.

>Steve Johnson worked on hundreds of Slimer variations over a period of six months. At first, they asked for a "smile with arms" then started nitpicking, asking for ears, then no ears, less pathos, more pathos, a bigger nose, a smaller nose, more cartoony, and less cartoony. It wasn't until the day before the deadline for the design, in July 1983, that Johnson was told they wanted Slimer to look like John Belushi. With less than 24 hours, Johnson pulled out a stack of headshots of Belushi, did some cocaine, and went to work. During a bout of delusional paranoia that night, he thought Belushi's ghost came to help him finish the design by giving him words of encouragement and modeling. The ghost parted ways with him, warning that cocaine will kill him. The next day, the submitted design was approved

Attached: 61U8bz-DW5L._AC_SY679_.jpg (454x679, 28.16K)

Because it looks pretty cool

explain the librainian and vigo

it's not like the train GB2 came out with a giant thomas the tank engine face. It was a normal train with normal dead people. I think even the two dead inmates in the beginning looked normal if not a little fat and a little skinny
Slimmer is just a monster.

SPBP

Isn't it obvious who he's based on?

Attached: 1647040802768.jpg (1284x1173, 596.13K)

In Ghostbusters, "ghosts" don't have to have been alive. They're just entities that live on another plane of existence. It's probably most implied that only the humanoid ghosts were once alive.

Where did they say that? I mean sure Zuul and Vigo were gods but they only raised the dead.

It doesn't specifically say that, but Gozer, The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and even in the cartoon there's entities like the Boogeyman that are made up of the same stuff as ghosts are, but they are clearly not deceased humans. They're specifically extradimensional entities so it's possible that other "ghosts" you see are just lesser extradimensional entities that are able to interact with the human world.

Gozer is a sumerian god.
Librarian was once a librarian.
Vigo was a cultist serial killer

Many of the ghosts have a twisted form. I like to think that they slowly mutate as their sense of self image changes and they forget what they used to look like.
Gozer was very old and powerful and could change form at will.

tell me how ghosts work and I'll tell you the rest

actually nvm, lorefags should get the rope, let
some things just remain weird and unexplained ffs

>Gozer
>Zuul
>Vigo
>Boogeyman
Gods with superpowers
>Janosh
>Keymaster
>Gatekeeper
Vessels
>Stay Puft
created by Gozer to destroy new york could have literally been ANYTHING but it was the marshmallow man
ALL of them have humanoid shapes nonetheless
>slimer
A disembodied head of a fat guy??

Think of GB ghosts as Warhammer 40k daemons.

Slimer is a psychic echo, probably resulting from some senseless batshit crazy act of gluttony performed in the Segway hotel.

Seriously, Dan Abnett even ripped off the movie while conceiving one of Ravenor's books plot. Namely the whole "someone built a building (a whole town in the novels) to focus psychic energy, open a warp rift and yank some warp horrors out of it.

You may be on to something because the Librarian has a more normal looking form before she turns into this.

I think the main thing behind Ghostbusters is that there's little distinction between disembodied human spirits that we call ghosts, and all this weird extradimensional stuff going up to what we would call "gods". It's all a matter of their power levels. Vigo for instance was once a human, but gain extraordinary paranormal powers.

I AM THE GATEKEEPER
ARE YOU THE KEYMASTER?

Forgot the picture

Attached: library-ghost-photo-u1.png (1120x528, 220.02K)

According to the comics he looked like that

Attached: RCO006_1534299044.jpg (1191x1590, 609.74K)

Yeah but Vigo was sucking in that ectoslime from the beneath the subway to get more power. He was a spirit for sure but the slime powered him up and the the emotions of the new yorkers powered the slime

I see the weird extradimensional stuff as an extension of ghosts.
The ghosts are like masses of psychic energy leftover from the will of the person who died. But they can also be transformed by the beliefs of others. So religion or legend can grant a ghost more psychic energy and twist it into something powerful like Gozer or Vigo. And these ghostly entities can also feed on each other to gain power over many centuries.

Attached: spooky.png (956x1482, 2.16M)