Is Theoden anyone else's favorite character...

Is Theoden anyone else's favorite character? He returns to his sense of pride after being a depressed near NEET in Two Towers. And he dies a hero, after the greatest moment in the trilogy in my opinion (youtube.com/watch?v=7lwJOxN_gXc).

Attached: mpv-shot0051.jpg (1920x800, 253.9K)

The concern trolling shill is my favorite character

Yeah he's a great character. Shame they didn't film the scene where he kills the haradrim King and throws down their banner when the southrons launch a counterattack after the orcs are routed.

Yeah he's a great character. I like him a lot for those reasons, OP, but my fave is still Aragorn.
So brave, so cool/badass, yet so humble at the same time.
Not only telling the Hobbits not to bow to him, but insisting on bowing to them himself as a newly crowned King.

Anyways they're both great characters who epitomize good male role models. Too bad the only male characters Hollywood can come up with nowadays are cynical assholes who just do whatever suits their needs the most.
Such degeneracy. No discipline.
Only seven deadly sins. No holy virtues.

there's something so invigorating about seeing King Theoden regain his sense of pride and duty for his kingdom. Like in Two Towers when he rides out, one last time

Two Towers is such a fucking great movie, it really gets overlooked because Fellowship and Return are that fucking good. One is comfy, and the other is epic and glorious.

I didn't like how they made Isildur to be a weak, bad guy in the movies

Mon visage he realises he son is dead

Attached: 1657050820567.jpg (766x960, 79.88K)

yeh, bout to read the Simarillion again because of the show.
Might reread the trilogy after reading the Simarillion. The series is literally the last 10 pages or so of the Simarillion. Think of the scope of the rest of that tale then, all the details we'll never know

honestly Silmarillion is a tough read

He was better in the book when he wasn't uncharacteristically retarded.
>we can just hide for a bit and dodge the war lol
>what about after they conquer our lands? just don't think about it!
>wtf they know about our hideout?
>how many orcs? what the hell they have orcs?
>I thought they'd just burn some villages and go away
>it's okay this fortress is fucking invincible OH NO
>WHO AM I, MY SERVANT? I've fought many wars yes

Holy shit nigga hackson

"Your fingers would remember their old strength better if they grasped your sword." is still my favorite quote from the whole trilogy. Especially because it's true in a very surface level way irl. Even if your problem is some abstract shit you can not physically defeat, holding a weapon is insanely beneficial to the male psyche.

it is lmao, I tried it when I was 12. I even made it through the Appendixes lol

I wish Chris had at least tried to turn it into a real narrative, instead of a glorified wikipedia page

The Kinoden

Attached: wg6wln4e79v31.jpg (750x750, 60.35K)

>witch king can all of a sudden mog the mighty white wizard after he was granted the power of the istaris
what did PJ mean by this?

He had the high ground

This is some Mandela effect shit, am I tripping or is the line
>What can men do against such reckless abandon?

Attached: 858106-theoden_sc.jpg (900x487, 64.43K)

based grima enjoyer

Attached: 300016602_5611890618862826_3159011154002712062_n.jpg (1080x1040, 158.2K)

helms deep is still widely regarded as kino though
its all the gollum antics and stuff that bogs it down

then he gets saved by ghosts

You're trippin

its kinda weird that his full name is "theoden king" and hes also a king lol

>dies
>gets saved
sweaty?

his army, whatever