G4 is dead (again)

>At least somewhere between 20-30 staff members were laid off at G4TV today, according to three sources familiar with the business. The video game talk show network from the 2000s was resurrected last fall on streaming platforms like Twitch as well as cable TV, but now faces major upheaval less than a year later. “I truly can not imagine the company continuing to produce our slate of content without the people we lost today,” said one employee.

>The timing and severity of the cuts took staff by surprise, with talent showing up on set today ready to film only to have programming cancelled as HR reps met individually with employees. While it’s not clear what the extent of the layoffs will be, one source said those affected were told they would receive anywhere between 16 weeks and six months of severance based on their tenure with Comcast, G4's parent company.

Attached: 1663198932045926.jpg (360x267, 9.23K)

go chud, bleed blood

We did it!

Suck it, frosk

>The timing and severity of the cuts took staff by surprise
Anyone with a functioning brain knew the new G4 would fail. It was a product of its time. Trying to bring it back would be like trying to bring back Omni Magazine from the 80s.

Attached: omni.jpg (1534x2165, 578.48K)

Based. Nobody wants to see sois complain about a lack of blacks and trannies in videogames.

That doesn't even rhyme you retard

Regardless of the wokefaggotry it was dead on arrival. Even if the hosts were good and competent they are well over a decade too late to adapt to being online with millions of competing channels dividing viewership.

It died here, actually

Attached: 120E65EF-D868-491D-AC13-B095D6FDC57E.jpg (1920x1080, 395.67K)

mgk wild for this

FUCK ADAM SESSLER. I hate saying that as I used to find him pretty funny on OG xplay

Nah, that was just the final nail in the coffin. It was already pozzed beyond belief before her retarded rant.

I miss G4 and Maxim. Zoomers have no idea how low T their world is

Attached: A6DCAC87-79F4-4760-AC44-CFDA960565A6.jpg (490x612, 43.21K)

Goddamn it why did you have to remind me of her youthful yet slutty oerfection

My G4 waifu is still doing pretty good all things considered. The chick who was in Attack of the Show when it first started, way before Munn, was actually charismatic on top of being hot too.

Attached: 766f5405c566e8ea6f12dd0e3a3c6bd9.jpg (480x600, 48.37K)

Yeah, they were really insane. Trying to do television-level production for a mid-tier (if that, idk what their numbers were) streaming channel showed how completely out of touch they were. Plus the fact that they were bringing nothing new to the idea. As far as I know it was all the old shows from 15 years ago made worse, more annoying and with less charisma. Someone who watched this answer me, was anyone on the channel close to being as charismatic as Kevin Perera? Or were any of the women as sexy as Kristin Bell or whatever the Cheat host's name was? All I've seen of it are clips like or Sessler spazzing out, but I don't even think the Sess clips were from the G4 reboot.
This too. G4 was a product of the mid to late 00s, the culture has moved on.

good, now do it to the rest of the gaming industry

I look at that creature and just can't imagine what a hellish existence its life must be. Even if you gave it a billion dollars, it still wouldn't be happy. It would find things in its new social circle to be angry about. That just the way its mind is wired.

>e sports is dead
>Twitch streamers don't even play videogames anymore
>Let's plays are now just a way to put out a podcast but make YouTube money
Any Forums won. Any Forums lost.

>be all about cutting edge technology
>rise of smartphones massively increases internet usage
>completely miss opportunity to transition to online content with a well known IP and fanbase
>die
at least olivia munn was hot in 2010

Rest in piss.