What was the message of this movie?

What was the message of this movie?

All it did was make me hate black people

Attached: 91Hi3gkjDVL._SL1500_.jpg (1068x1500, 211.89K)

Oh, so you got it then.

Ariel is still black

what kind of pizzas do joggers eat?

Attached: hmmm.png (640x640, 114.01K)

The message is that black people are retarded on every level.

>you won't hang a picture on the wall of your private establishment?
>that gives us the right to trespass and assault
what did spike "joint" lee mean by this

Malcolm X is miles better

Did Mookie do the right thing when he smashed up Sal's?

why does spike lee always look so sleepy

the message is that you shouldn't bother trying to help black people because they'll eventually turn against you and destroy your business and/or try to kill you

I thought the message was that Sal was such a good man that he still paid Mookie for his work even after he destroyed his store, but apparently what Spike Lee wanted to convey was that white people are evil.

>OH LAWDY ITS HOT OUTSIDE!
>SHEEEEEEIT IM FINNA BOUTTA DESTROY MY COMMUNITY!
The message was “never relax”

But sal was Italian. Why do black people not understand just because someone isn't black it doesn't mean they are white.

The problem was that Sal was racist and was serving a black neighbourhood.
If Sal wasn't racist he wouldn't have lost his store.

Man it's such a redpill that black people watch this and think that sal is in the wrong

>Sal was racist
no he wasn't

so the message is blacks should enact vigilante justice/violence if a person serving their neighborhood is racist in a nonviolent manner?

>Sal was racist
If you want to know why white people don't watch Spike Lee kino, it's because of retards like this.

Spike Lee is complete Jew controlled garbage. He's evil disgusting and demented and is a piece of trash. The most niggerdly uncle Tom in history.

Yes he was. Why else would he care so much about not having a picture of a black person in his place?
He served 90% black people would it really have been that difficult for him to put up some pictures of black people to make his customers happy?
We know the reason he couldn't though and it costs him in the end.

it's an Italian restaurant, why does there need to be a black person on the wall?
I don't go to a soul food restaurant and demand a picture of random white guys on the wall or else I'm destroying the restaurant

Yes the message is that non violent retaliation is the only sane response to overt racism because whites wont respond to anything else and will try use systematic power structures to keep black people down. I'm sorry if that message hurts your fragile white sensibilities.

The biggest redpill is that the guy who wrote and directed thinks Sal was in the wrong. How the fuck?

because white people aren't an oppressed class and the soul food restaurant is unlikely to be in a white neighbourhood. you understand the nuance don't play dumb.

HVAC is either the finest work of God or the most diabolical work of the Devil

even if sal said he admired hitler, that still would not give them the right to do what they did

seemed pretty violent to me

I feel like the message is literally just "different races can't live together without conflict"

>your speech is violence
>my violence is speech

You're joking, but that's basically what Spike Lee said about the movie. It also pisses him off that people felt bad that Sal lost his store, because he wanted us to feel bad for Radio Raheem dying instead, and destroying the store was meant as a cathartic response to that.

Did Sal or his boys get hurt?
Radio Raheem dies after peacefully protesting in the movie and you're more concerned with some broken windows. This is the point Spike Lee is making with the movie.

>why won’t you hang a picture of a non-Italian celebrity in your Italian restaurant
>throws a big fit that gets his friend murdered by the police and the business burned to the ground
>friend is dead and local pizza joint is gone forever

You think Buggin’ Out felt like a retarded faggot after all that or no? I think it would fuck you up for life knowing a hissy fit about a photograph got your friend strangled to death

>peacefully protesting
alright now it's clear you're 'avin' a giggle. dude assaulted sal

It's kind of like this: Sal saw his place as an "Italian" place with Italian-American culture and that shit as his heritage. He wasn't coming from a place of ill-will towards the black neighborhood that sprang up around him because of white flight; he was just there and had his old ways and his old culture.

For Radio Raheed it wasn't about being "Italian" and just about him being "white." Sal and his family saw themselves as ethnic Italians, but to Raheed they were "white people" and that's where the conflict stems from.

>oppressed class
Someone majored in Marxist excuses. Poor people are oppressed. Color doesn't matter. Race is a social construct used to divide. Ethnicity is real.

Do the right thing was a crap movie, desu.

Radio Raheem got exactly what he deserved.

>mostly peaceful

Attached: 1615431721682.webm (1024x576, 2.93M)

It's about integration vs. separation. Some of the neighbors like Sal and the pizza shop. Some of them resent the fact that white folks open up shop in a black neighborhood and take all the profit home to their white neighborhood. Radio Raheem shoves the words "LOVE" and "HATE" directly in front of the camera. The movie ends with competing quotes from MLK and Malcom X. This isn't difficult.

Attached: 67.png (446x591, 181.22K)

It's also crap the way it's shot. It looks like a fucking commercial or something you'd see air on Nick in the 90's. It's a shitty movie on all fronts.

I had to watch this movie for a film class when I was in college. I'm not american, so there were no blacks in my class, but most of my classmates were limp wristed leftists who followed compulsively American politics and they tried their best to behave like turbo-Democrats. It was weird discussing this movie with them. It was like we didn't watch the same movie at all.

Niggers are basically women and need to be the center of attention at all times

>take all the profit home to their white neighborhood.
Sal wasn't "leaving" the neighborhood; he literally lived there and had a speech with his son who did want to move and tried to tell him that the blacks were good people.

This is a movie that will be hard to understand for literally anyone other than Americans.

>Sal wasn't "leaving" the neighborhood; he literally lived there
No he didn't! One of the primary tensions is that he doesn't live in the area. The son wants to move the shop to where they actually live. It's like you didn't even watch the movie.

Don't live in black neighborhoods