Why was this the last true kino?

why was this the last true kino?

Attached: EA4E061A-AF22-42EE-A70C-450E4634AC54.jpg (1200x800, 562.53K)

Why the hell do I like twin peaks so much when “scripts that make no sense” and “full of plot holes” are valid criticisms of any other movie and tv? I could even excuse the bad acting

because david lynch
showtime tried to screw with him and he just said fuck it and walked away
only then did they give him complete creative control and final cut
you need the balls to be willing to not make the thing at all rather than a shitty version of it and that's a rarity in any walk of life, let alone hollywood

Criticism of things that can be objectively measured and the pure emotional effect that a piece of art can have on you are two entirely different things. It's the same reason you could watch a movie that might be objectively well put together but it could still do absolutely nothing for you

But it does make sense, you retard

Except that if you say your favorite movie is freddy got fingered, film snobs will think you have no taste, and if you say you like any of lynch’s gobbledygook they’ll agree. When both are objectively a mess.
Some superficial plots and implications make sense, a lot of it is just abstract nonsense, like an abstract painting. You are not smart for thinking you “get” shit that nobody else does, that makes you really stupid actually

>objectively
retard

Because

Attached: tamper.jpg (658x585, 23.34K)

ah, the absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence

This. Lynch is the biggest chad left in Hollywood.

Yes, objectively.

Lynch made the first neo-dadaism artpiece with Twin Peaks the Return. Whereas every single fucking piece of modern media has to be "meaningful" and "say something about society", Lynch added a little absurdity, nonesense and meaninglessness, while still maintaining a decent plotline, but yes. He's basically fucking with us, and in a cinematic way, that's why you like it.

Twin Peaks The Return definitely has something to say about our society and world in general. Not beating you over the head with the themes every five minutes or having characters giving monologues about social issues doesn’t mean there isn’t any substance behind what’s going on in the show. If you think it’s just “le quirky and so randum xD detective show” you’re literally a braindead redditor

>nonesense and meaninglessness
lmao you're just hylic bro

He also had all the cast besides kyle completely on his side

That actor could be cast as Ronald Reagan

retard

the scene in town with Bobby and the lady in the car is a perfect example of this. The world in The Return is falling apart, and people are under a lot of stress

you talk like a faggot

>t. didn't read the post
I said he ADDED the absurdity, you illiterate mongoloid. Of course, any piece of art is gonna ultimately "say something about society", but that mostly happens in the interaction between the piece and the viewer. Lynch's philosophy is about appreciating potentiality -- leaving the viewer to create their own narrative of what he presents. But of course, he utilizes ancient archetypes, e.g. Darkness vs Light etc. I'm not saying Lynch is
>Le random ebin troll
I'm saying he has a clear understanding of the cultural zeitgeist, and "The Return" is a reaction to it. Hence the elements of TrueCrime/Quantum Physics/ Technology etc.

what about better call saul?