Who was the better dumbledore, and why was it richard harris?

Attached: rich.jpg (1708x864, 389.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=02pr2W7FT-c
youtube.com/watch?v=oyZ39DlpCOk
youtube.com/watch?v=qGY7JMQ_odM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when I'm reading deh books, 60% of the time I imagine him as Harris and 40% as Gambon.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS

Gambon sucks the only reason I give it a pass is the other actor died what can you really do then.

Obviously Harris, but can you imagine him doing the shit we see in the 5th and 6th movie? He'll no. He's the perfect headmaster Dumbledore, but he could barely walk, let alone the 'action' scenes.

Honestly, neither of them were that good. Harris played him too old and frail, Gambon played him too aggressively and blunt. I hate to be that guy, but McKellen would have done him better, at times Gandalf seems more like the book version of Dumbledore than either of them.

Attached: bump-gandalf.gif (498x200, 1.06M)

Harris could not have pulled this scene off and you fucking know it.
youtube.com/watch?v=02pr2W7FT-c

youtube.com/watch?v=oyZ39DlpCOk

Attached: however.png (960x598, 435.78K)

that scene is unironically the one thing the films did better than the books

this is like comparing yoda in episode 6 to episode 2

Gambon is better and it isn't close. Harris just wasn't much of an actor. Only autists who insist on one to one correspondence between the source material and adaptation prefer Harris

Someone post the vocaroo

Harris was too sedated, Gambon was too rowdy. Ian McKellen was obviously the best choice but he didn't want it after Harris dissed him in the past.

Because it was Harris.

FACT: Harris died to avoid ever having to play gay Dumbledore asking about knitting patterns.

>can you imagine him doing the shit we see in the 5th and 6th movie?
Yes

I love voldemort's autistic screaming here
People shit on it but it's fantastic because he's just an edgy tryhard

>stands around
>flicks wand a few times
What exactly could Harris not do in this scene?
No

>Gambon is better and it isn't close
Lol

>Lol
Concession accepted

>What exactly could Harris not do in this scene?
Be convincingly strong

Harris would have been better if it were 5-10 years earlier. When he was first cast he was just not in good health, and you could tell he was really struggling during the 2nd movie.

Gambon, I don't know who the Fuck he was supposed to be but it wasn't Dumbledore.

>t. Zoomer
Nah. Harris could bring a presence to the stage that Gambon could only ever dream of. You act like Harris died of cancer and was on his last legs. He died making a joke, literally. He would have done just fine.

What did JK Rowling mean by this?

Attached: 7656578654.png (901x578, 117.98K)

>Harris could bring a presence to the stage that Gambon could only ever dream of.
Post evidence

Sheeeeeeeeit

Him saying "Silence" in the first film was better than any 'energy' Gambon tried to force

Gambon was so much better. It's just 90s reddit nostalgia to prefer the raspy, slow-talking cripple Dumbledore.

youtube.com/watch?v=qGY7JMQ_odM
Idk about that one user