Literally the worst strategist in the show

Literally the worst strategist in the show
Why was he so overhyped as a great soldier?

Attached: stannis-1024.jpg (1024x576, 71.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3J9o10dHXB4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gaugamela
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Great soldier does not necessarily mean great strategist

I don’t think Stannis is considered a great soldier. And anyone is a great strategist in GoT when sending half your army into the darkness to instantly die and join the enemy is considered the best strategy

The show fucked over the character, because the show runners are evil people and fear a truly just man.

>The show fucked over the character
how?

In the books Stannis is dull, boring, clever and just. It's simply unfit for tv.
For example: in the books, when he's marching to Winterfell and the cold was seeping in, he found some soldiers wanted to sacrifice a rando to the light lord by burning him at the stake. He told them to fuck off and pray harder if they wanted miracles.
In the show, he ordered the burning of his fucking daughter.

Because the show fucked the character and made him "le narrow minded white man"

>The dwarf has played his little trick
How did he know Tyrion was behind the wildfire explosion?
>but he can only play it once
How did he know that?
>Leads the vanguard
How does he never get hit with an arrow? I guess you could say some goofy shit like the Lord protected him, but then later on he's climbing a ladder with a soldier specifically infront of him to protect him from rocks. Is the Lord protecting him or not? What the fuck is this character even supposed to be?
>That scene where he's on the wall of the mud gate and is fighting off soldiers like a jedi and cuts a dude's head in half
>There's never a scene of Stannis anywhere else on the wall, he just stands in that one location for hours until Tywin's comedic arrival and the battle is lost
Reminder this is one of if not the most critically acclaimed episodes of the series. Because of a CGI explosion.
The people who praise this nonsense are the audience it's specifically being written for. Why question the actions of fools? The fool doesn't even question his own acts.

Alexander lead assaults all the time

Brainlet.

>It's simply unfit for tv.
It's simply unfit for Jewish show runners.

im pretty sure burning his daughter is a rr martin idea and will happen in the books too (if its hasnt already i cant really remember) considering hes GRRMs Agamemon

STANNIS!
STANNIS!
STANNIS!

>How did he know that?

Wildfire was Westeros' nuclear option. You think they had something better up their sleeve?

Attached: 1323495215210.jpg (313x313, 26.16K)

They stuck close enough to the writing at first, so it was still at times a good portrayal of Stannis. But they still cut out a lot of the things that humanized him.
youtube.com/watch?v=3J9o10dHXB4
Later, as they deviated more from the material and started writing their own it got worse. The later books are filled with Stannis compromising, listen to good advice from others and interesting feudal politics.

>How did he know Tyrion was behind the wildfire explosion?

This level of nitpicking doesn't make you an analyst, just an autist.

>im pretty sure burning his daughter is a rr martin idea and will happen in the books too (if its hasnt already i cant really remember)
Where we left off, Stannis is camped 1000 miles south of The Wall. At a crofter's village just west of Winterfell. Shireen is at The Wall, with Selyse and Melisandre. Is Shireen burns, either Melisandre and Selyse do it by themselves or Stannis wins a battle, storms Winterfell, kills the Boltons and then reunites with his daughter.

Stannis wasn’t ever hyped as a great solider just a good battle commander. If not for the Tyrell’s showing up he would have taken Kings Landing easily

>>Leads the vanguard
>How does he never get hit with an arrow?
Book Stannis doesn't lead from the front. He directs the battle responsibly, from a vantage point like Tywin.

Yeah, that wasn't the point. The question of "what is this chatacter meant to be" isn't directly tied to his virtual, ambiguous invulnerability on the battlefield, but why the logic of character continuously alters.
If he's invulnerable and willing to sacrifice himself to prove it, why does he require protection from an equivalent threat in a later scene regarding the same battle? It was a question about the writing and what the character is meant to be.
All the same there will never be evidence of Alexander at the front of a battle, you'd sooner find proof of one of his many deaths. Not that it matters. A King is not a soldier, they are two very different professions. A King who is determined to ride out into battle is the opposite of what he is otherwise meant to be. Robert was a fool. Alexander was a fool. At least they had character, unlike Stannis.

Because he did what was right, not what was easy.
He is the opposite of roast beef queen of dragons

Attached: 1529725088962.png (551x550, 414.46K)

>All the same there will never be evidence of Alexander at the front of a battle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gaugamela

>GRRMs Agamemon
based Iliad scholar

You clearly don't know much about military history.

I mean how did he know that there weren't more plans to utilize it, I.E. a second nuke.
You think I analyzed the sequence for hours? I noticed it on rewatching the series while eating lunch and it stuck out.
Doesn't make any sense why Stannis would point a finger at Tyrion.
Did Stannis even know Tyrion was serving as Hand or that he was in the capital? That is a question I'd call nitpicking.
That sounds like a responsible king who knows his place. Actually now that I think about it, isn't Tywin leading the ambush at the gate in the show? He's all dirty and fucked up when he enters the great hall.
The Blackwater is one of the worst episodes of television ever written.

why did Robert fuck him over by not giving him the Stormlands?

Agamemnon didn't sacrifice his daughter in the Iliad.