True Detective s01

Is it objectively the greatest first season of television ever made throughout history?

Attached: blogs-the-feed-true-detective-episode-4[1].jpg (635x446, 50.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RKRksnjSxWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he had some paint on his ears

>green ears
no, I don't think so

pizzolatto cocaine-script really fucked it up with the green ear plot-twist. goddamn retard.

I don't know how people can't stand McGoneguy reddit tier philophy diatribes. I bailed out in like the 4th episode, that guy is just too insufferable.

Yes

the entire adventure is all about making him cope with his daughter's death and reject it in the end

Did it upset your Christian faith of worshipping a jew from the middle East? And a god made by pagan Jews?

Does it remind any anglo bros of red riding?

oh really? I might finish it then.

The life of the simple minded must be full of glee. I envy you.

i feel the same way, his philosophical ramblings are absolutely meaningless and peak reddit, but the rest of the series is so good that even after you detract the rust interview cutbacks it is still a 9/10 and goated

No. It's not even the best True Detective Season.

TDS1 is obviously more consistent,
but I like TDS2's ending a lot more.
Everything after the big shootout episode is absolutely kino.

Attached: True-Detective-Season-2-Frank-Semyon-Vince-Vaughn.png (953x531, 412.58K)

>his philosophical ramblings are absolutely meaningless and peak reddit
i'm sorry if you didn't get this scene

youtu.be/RKRksnjSxWI

has nothing to do with metaphysics or intellectualizing stuff... it's about how rust is 100% in the darkness

I used to love this show but then I realised that mcconaughey looks like my friend irl so it became creepy

I stopped watching season 1 when they made Rust into an action hero. Lame.

>His worldview is based off desert Jews from the bronze age, and he's convinced himself that white people came up with the idea
Ohhh nononono.. don't tell him what the old testament is, or what religion Jesus was

You're not supposed to think "yeah this guy is right fuck christianity". They're just presenting a character with cynical and nihilistic views, which go hand in hand with the situation the character finds himself in outside his job. He's coping.

I didn't like how mean they were to each other or the cheating stuff.

yes

thinking you have to like or agree with every character in a drama is some real midwittery

character arch
one man pretended family didn't matter
another, pretended family mattered
from forced partnership
to willing friendship

>Fargo exists
Nah.

after a while it gets pretty funny

So many normalfags and zoomers in this thread complaining about this masterpiece. This board is truly dead and buried thanks to you phoneposting grugs.

only thanks to that daddario scene
man the amount of coom to that was unholy