Why this trilogy was so hated? I love it. It was comfy fun

Why this trilogy was so hated? I love it. It was comfy fun

Attached: 330182.jpg (658x960, 163.66K)

Prequel trilogies get better after horrible third attempts.

It's a 300 page book for 8-15 year olds that they stretched into 9.5 hours of unneeded nonsense. Also I've decided that if Martin F isn't in a strictly comedy role he's fucking trash. He was an awful Bilbo Baggins. Years before the films came out I said that Hollyweird would turn the stealthy disappearance of Dwarves-in-barrels into a massive high-stakes rollercoaster ride with arrows and bolts and stones being shot at them because Hollyweird just can't help themselves. And what did they do? Turned it into a high-stakes rollercoaster ride with arrows, bolts, and stones.

It wasn't hated. What the fuck are you smoking. It might have been received even better than the lotr movies by general audience. When lotr came out fantasy was still very much nerd thing, but by hobbit the non nerds were a bit warmed to fantasy stuff.
Remember on friend liking the hobbit but the fucking hated lord of the rings

How can one have this much of a shit taste

They shoehorned cgi orcs, Legolas, a weak gandalf, the she elf and yet they left out Beorn killing Bolg.
It should've been two movies.at best

Why are you zoomers so retarded? If you don't know shit don't just make it up on the internet. Christ.

Blind Guardian made a single song about The Hobbit and it was better.

>It might have been received even better than the lotr movies by general audience.
Am I in the wrong timeline?

too much irony in their brain they no longer know what they think, these are a generation that grew up talking with bots all day

I was rock hard throughout, jerking my cock to the dwarves and hobbits and wazards.

Quick: Is Nelson Mandela dead or alive?

It wasn't hated, it was just wasn't made as well as LotR and had a LOT of bloated material to stretch it into three movies, and some of that was pretty cringey/bad.

In my opinion, the fatal flaw was, like OP's image, it isn't even about a 'hobbit' (there's no hobbit in a movie poster titled "The Hobbit") . Bilbo is a side character in his own story. Thorin is the protagonist, and Azog is the antagonist, not Bilbo and Smaug. The banter between Bilbo and Smaug is so short and then is pretty much forgotten about.

They're so interested in telling this big, epic story that they forgot the whole thing is supposed to be Bilbo getting whisked away to go off on an adventure.

It's "The Dwarves" with a hobbit in the back

>It was comfy fun
I don't want that. My idea of comfy fun is a script written by shane black or a spoof starring leslie nielsen. What i want from medieval fantasy is a much darker tone. Costners Robin Hood, Kingdom of Heaven, Flesh + Blood, Excalibur, Ironclad or 300. I don't like( and i never have, not 30 years ago, not today) comedic relief characters saving the world with a smile. Gimli had a streak of comedic relief but it wasn't played for laughs. The relationship with Legolas was Buddy Cop/Odd Couple, not 2 retards trying to "out funny" each other.

I like cynical assholes and "any means necessary" bastards. The kind of guy that isn't above taking an innocent pedestrian as a human shield to block enemy gunfire. I like "if this doesn't work, we all gonna die. then let's make it a good death" tone.

If they came out today they'd be the best movies this year.

third movie was a complete mess

morons just develop nostalgia for the previous bad thing

I didn't hate it as much as it doesn't really live up to LOTR. Making it 3 movies also fucked with the pacing so fucking hard. You can see it when the 3rd movie starts with Smaug fucking dying unceremoniously and then we proceed to have 90 minutes on non-stop battle.

It was a cash grab. Stretched, like butter spread over too much bread

No reason to have it be 3 movies. 2 would have been sufficient. They could have done it all in 1 if they cared enough to try.
The acting was bad and they inserted crap that didn't need to be there for diversity points.

They made a children's book into a cheap rip off of LOTR instead of making it its own thing. They could have done a nice family movie about a Hobbit traveling with singing Dwarves.

I only like the Youtube poop video it spawned.

The Hobbit 1 and 2 are comfykino. The third one (and some of the second half of part 2) drop the ball a bit but overall I love these movies.

I watched a fan edit which turns it into a 3 and a half hour film that sticks closer to the book and it was actually pretty good.

Bad humour, and excessive CGI. They lacked many of the practical effects that made the movies great.

First one was good. By the end of the second one it had turned into a cgi garbage fest and the third one was unwatchable with niggers to boot

>It's a 300 page book for 8-15 year olds that they stretched into 9.5 hours of unneeded nonsense.
And? This say nothing about the films, you're just acting like a hipster.
>look at this evil capitalist corporation!!!
The movies are actually better than the book. In the book all the characters are robots with zero personality and everything is exposition.

>The third one (and some of the second half of part 2) drop the ball a bit but overall I love these movies.
So did those parts of the book too tbf.

Poor overly used CGI, bad pacing and awful changes and additions. Especially compared to LOTR the movies are a solid 5/10 with several kino parts. They’re really only lambasted because of the LOTR comparison in general the movies were fine. They’re actually quite comparable to the PoTC sequels in terms of real quality.

Attached: blind-guardian-hansi.gif (200x150, 612.91K)

The long first trailer with Misty Mountains was the only good thing about it.

I still dont know why they CGI the dwarfs on the battle of the five armies. Looked so off, what the fuck was Jackson thinking here

i need not words

Attached: 1420676066934.webm (720x304, 2.95M)

Iconic scene.

Because it was a trilogy. The hobbit didn`t need to be a trilogy like LOTR did. It was supposed to do what adaptations usually did, cut the fat, focus on the main elements of the adventure and deliver a single adventure movie. Instead they added enough original content to stretch it into 3 movies. I blame corporate greed.

I TOLD YOU GUYS WE SHOULDN'T USE BATS

Attached: 1449925170109.webm (960x400, 2.86M)

Based fellow BG enjoyers. My brothers.