What does Any Forums think of him?

what does Any Forums think of him?

Attached: Tom_Scott_avatar_by_Matt_Gray.jpg (800x1035, 38.46K)

I think he makes good content.

we've had this thread many times before

Any Forums hates him but watches all his videos anyway

we've had many threads about many different things multiple times.

He's what every tv nerd wants to be, this is why they hate him

he was at a pub I was at, he came in around 8 and started telling me about a telescope

then the bar tender served him his pint and he downed it, then started telling me about the far side of the moon, I went to take a leak and when I came back he was gone

around 10 I heard someone calling me, he was tucked in corner of the pub with his hands down the back of 2 fat slags knickers, he laughed and said his telescope is going to observe the far side of these moons

Nobody was able to justify the Gatwick video in the last thread. (He goes all the way out to a shut down airport that's re-opening and instead of getting the comfortable hour of footage you could get of all the specific functions spinning up and interesting details, or the half-hour of highlights, he fucking pisses out a 3 minute video which features: Him talking. Basically just his fluffy berk face yapping. You do have some B roll playing in the background of him being driven out to the runway to talk there, that background footage being more interesting than anything he says. )

it baffles me how he found such success on youtube considering his stance on parodies of himself and other fan made memes and such. His dislike for gaming also seems to run antithetical to what the internet likes. I guess it's good for him that he enjoys such levels of success, but I think he would've been better off in traditional content making channels like TV with how seriously he seems to perceive himself and his content.

Attached: badumtss.png (300x259, 24.14K)

He's good. Some people want to hate him because he is British and makes earnest content.
>considering his stance on parodies of himself and other fan made memes and such
I haven't heard this. Does he get pissy when he gets parodied? That's pretty disappointing if true.

to my understanding he understands that it's mostly in good fun, but he generally doesn't like to be associated with the internet when it comes to memes or parodies making light of him, as in the eyes of people he presumaby has business or creative interactions with, these are negative things which could serve to have him taken less seriously. I never really understood this because as a youtuber presumably you're networking predominantly with other internet savvy creators, and they understand the nature of memes, but idk.

He was really stringent with the creators of his subreddit that they specify it was an unofficial group that had no affiliation with him. All in all he seems to care a lot about how he is perceived. Who he is attempting to maintain this image for, I can't say

I wonder how many fangirls he has deflowered

he looks like a 13 year old

I dont like his intros

maybe he got the same idea as his redditors, that he deserves to be knighted. this is what they seriously say. for crummy science communication 101 videos that aren't any more interesting than segments on like six shows we had 30 years ago that used to be a full half hour or hour of it

>I MUST BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY
>didn't know how to ride a bike until recently
heh

Still waiting for that video where he visits Auschwitz.

Imagine his nervous look to cameras then.
"so these ovens, are they the biggest in the world?

Didn't he make a video that made trannies seethe? He's alright on my book.

I like his videos but apparently he's a nerd and Any Forums doesn't like nerds.

Makes good stuff, personality wise I'm not the biggest fan of him.
The series he does with his friend group are fucking top shit though, Citation Needed and Two of These People Are Lying were both great.

Probably a nonce but that's just an average Bong

Yeah maybe. I don't like to pass judgement on people I don't know, but from what I've read my gut reaction is that he's working on the wrong platform. To have a distaste for fan interaction, memes, and gaming seems to run antithetical to what works on YouTube. He does a good job of keeping these opinions off his channel, sequestering them to interviews or tweets only a fraction of a fraction of his viewers will ever see, but to see someone seemingly repeatedly push against his audience's attempts at interaction just makes me want to see him move to the BBC or some other British telecom company where he can actually take on the sort of content/personality he tries to embody

>as a youtuber presumably you're networking predominantly with other internet savvy creators
He gets contacted by companies and research institutes and shit like that, it's why he gets exclusive access to a lot of facilities. He also hosted some fancy no cameras allowed conference once which had like Buzz Aldrin, Edward Snowden, and a bunch of other big, if not as well known, names in the tech sector. Despite not being a supermassive channel guy's got connections.