Well, that was disappointing

well, that was disappointing

Attached: nope.png (1080x1920, 2.83M)

monkey scene was racist. good casting though

I really liked it

Nope not watching it

I thought Get Out and US were shit movies with weak confusing plots that only got big because of brownie points and media negro worship, but I liked NOPE a lot.
It's just Tremors but weirder and more abstract.

Attached: 1588788445030.jpg (750x396, 17.35K)

Yep.

It was kino

Attached: Nope.2022.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-CMRG10.webm (1000x454, 2.94M)

I would have to regretfully decline your invitation

Jordan Peele is the most overrated story teller in recorded history. Nothing is memorable or original about his movies. The reveal to get out was retarded. If he wasn’t black no one would give a fuck.

RLM recently compared the guy to Shyamalan with how his career is going off the rails and his movies are becoming more and more far-fetched and bizarre in an unintentional way.
I'd agree but what makes Shyamalan unwatchable are the terrible effects and how ugly his movies became which is something Peele doesn't have a problem with so far.
Peele is not the main talent working on these movies and he has an army of studio veterans who make sure his stuff comes out looking decent, so we're not getting Nigerian cinema tier flicks just yet.

>nu-horror
>standard issue film/television production meta
How banal... I thought Peele was supposed to be a good director?

I thought it was pretty lame how the plot was about getting a picture of the thing
I just didn't care
I thought the monster itself was cool though, I liked how it was clean and sleak, even when digesting them, when with digestion you typically think of like bile and intestines and putrid and teeth and stuff
It was creepy when it was flying around and you could hear people screaming
But basically things never really came together for me in a satisfying way and I thought it was mostly meh

Nope has the weakest plot for a film I've seen in maybe 10 years

NOOOOO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT SUCH A TALENTED HOT ATTRACTIVE MAN DID SOMETHING SO DISAPPOINTING I ALWAYS BELIEVED IN HIM HOW DARE YOU HE'S SO SOPHISTICATED AND OUT OF THIS WORLD HOW DARE YOU GRAAARLGGG GLARRRGGLG GLAAAAARGLG

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 110.85K)

from the name and this cover alone i thought it was a comedy
was surprised to see that it's about a living ufo who eats horses or some shit

Good horror movies don't need plot, I think Peele at least understands that.
It's all about style and atmosphere and characters. Just look at Alien.
NOPE had some weak characters but the rest was alright. At least it didn't have the token '80's scenes like Tremors and The Thing had where they get some piece of it and put in under a microscope and we get SCIENCE MAN giving a 15 minute exposition on what the monster is and how to kill it.

but both Get Out and Nope are pretty memorable and pretty original. Why lie like that ?

It's simplicity was pretty refreshing. I mean, all in all it felt like a TV show episode that went on for a bit too long but I still liked it mainly because it wasn't as pretentious as the other movies made by Peele.

> Jordan Peele
If you were appointed in the first place, I don't know what to tell you.

>Just look at Aliens.
Aliens had a great plot (I assume you made a typo and did not mean to talk about the shit one)

>but weirder and more abstract
so more reddit basically

hmm, that's an interesting take, thanks

>don't need plot,
>Alien
r u retarded?

I liked NOPE but I found Get Out to be pretty forgettable. There's no scenes from it that stuck with me.

>Alien
>weak plot
The fuck are you getting on with? What you think is just some alien monster movie ends up being about corporate greed and people being expendable to achieve their goals.

Nice bait.

Nah more unnerving.

>weak plot
Didn't say that bro, Alien's plot is what it needs to be for what it is. It's not overbearing, it's serviceable, it exists as just a wispy framing device. Alien's subtext is just that, subtext. It doesn't hit you over the head with commentary and doesn't get in the way of the atmosphere.
"Space mining business is more interested in preserving a new scientific discovery than preserving a few of its own employees" is hardly riveting subtext anyway. It's never explained in more than a few throwaway lines and only serves to make the characters feel more isolated and helpless knowing that "help from above" ain't gonna come. It's not much of a critique of corporate greed to begin with.
>people being expendable to achieve their goals.
Yeah, that goal being what exactly? We didn't get a proper answer to that in the movie because it's not a question that requires an answer. The movie doesn't concern itself with it, rightfully so, because that's not what the movie is about and it's not important to the plot whatsoever.
This goal isn't specified in any of the shitty sequels either, because the writers can't figure out why these weird space ghouls are apparently so important. They suck as a bioweapon.