Unfilmable novels

Attached: FF9F3503-4D20-425A-B34F-401895894B4B.jpg (1653x2476, 731.48K)

Rec me good sci fi and fantasy novels, preferably NOT aimed at a teenage audience. I like Gene Wolfe and Arthur C. Clarke.

Attached: flashman.jpg (327x500, 38.02K)

The Gap Series. Definitely not kid friendly.

Attached: series-TGC-triad.png (505x395, 78.45K)

The Magicians

Peter Watts - Blindsight
Andromeda Strain

Attached: tomcov.jpg (303x495, 28.84K)

Based

love me some Stephen Donaldson.
Not sure how you could make a movie / tv show where your protagonist rape a 12yo girl in the first 20 minutes though.

Attached: vampire_hunter_d.jpg (543x768, 263.18K)

All of them.
Not because they’re intrinsically impossible to adapt, but because there aren’t any directors with the freedom to do them justice, or the inclination, there aren’t any writers skilled enough to adapt the material without butchering it, and there aren’t any producers who would not interfere to appease focus groups while allowing an appropriate casting.
The framework is gone and it’s never coming back, and any announcement for an adaption may as well be a funeral dirge.

Attached: 5039A0C4-8E5C-499F-9B34-8A429E6FA9C4.png (757x627, 218.63K)

16 i think

The Chronicles of Amber - Roger Zelazny
Chien 51 - Laurent Gaudé

>Hiro Protagonist
I honestly stopped reading there

Attached: FcIN0r7XoAE92nk.png (600x600, 274.87K)

But they did do a Flashman film in the 70s.

lol ive read this 3 times and that just clicked with me

Larry Niven, ring world and The Mote in God's eye.

she's old than that, at least 18. Amazing books, never read a series where the tension never stops escalating, not ever.

A) that was 50 years ago
B) they didn't adapt the first book, but instead chose the tamest least offensive book in the series

This could definitively and should be a GoT-tier TV show. Just tame down and condense the first book into a single episode, and the rest is Ok

They said that about LotR.

And they were completely right, by the way.

Attached: 1609664151834.jpg (541x604, 56.99K)

It's too explicit but also it's almost antinarrative.

Attached: Dhalgren-bantam-cover.jpg (234x392, 83.89K)

It would have to be a musical

No it would have to be 3 movies that were each six hours long minimum.

Joe Cornish was trying to turn that into a film, but it seems like it never got off the ground.

I still can't tell if that was an ironic joke by the author or just a bad one.

I thought she was way younger, but I just checked the book
>she did not look older than 16

Amazing books indeed, at least the first two trilogy. he wrote a third trilogy years later and dropped the ball hard.

Good choice user. It's shit. Only the first chapter with the pizza delivery was any good.

Can't say I've read his recent stuff. The ending of the second Thomas Covenant series wrecked me. It's a shame he never wrote more sci-fi because the Gap Saga is in my top 3 of all time.

What’s the rest of your top?