Why did every alien speak english...

Why did every alien speak english? Even a lazy explanation like the gate telepathically translates would be better than nothing.

Attached: 1479379753-screen-shot-2016-11-17-at-104725.png (736x602, 757.51K)

because it would be retarded to have 2/3 of EVERY episode being daniel jackson establishing some form of basic communication with the alien tribe

They didn't at first, but quickly realised just how much time was being wasted on Daniel learning languages and/or doing translations. So they stopped.

Every alien spoke Canadian you mean

Yeah, English.

GOOLD?

Attached: GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg (700x393, 130.2K)

>gate telepathically translates
They already had an episode where Jack had language and knowledge downloaded into his brain. If I was writing I would have it that the gate temporally downloads a few common languages into your brain when you walk trough it. The English depicted is just what the team think they're saying.

Attached: Lost_City_Part_1_11.jpg (360x360, 29.25K)

Universal translator, my young padawan.

Reminder that the senator who tried to defund them was unironically 100% right and nothing he said was false.
The fact that SG-1, which has 2.5 combatants, can regularly mog literally any threat they come across proves that they wouldn't be a real threat for even a platoon of soldiers, much less the entire US military. They also consistently fail to bring back anything worth justifying a $7 billion dollar a year price-tag ($12.3 billion today). The Stargate program was literally more than 2% of the US military's budget and was producing practically nothing, presented an existential crisis, constantly brought alien diseases/spies/whatever the fuck else home with them, and was so incompetent they would do shit like send a rescue team of three (3) people (one of which was a non-combatant, another a woman) to go rescue another SG-team after having confirmed knowledge of violent aliens on the other side of the gate.

>Reminder that the senator who tried to defund them was unironically 100% right and nothing he said was false.
Writers were joking about their silly and funny scifi show.

What kind of archaeologist carries a weapon?

Attached: 280px-Malakaisvapen.png (1024x576, 535.79K)

Becuase it was made in a time where immigrants would actually learn the language of the place they're going to.

>The Stargate program was literally more than 2% of the US military's budget and was producing practically nothing
Do you know how much of their budget is unaccounted for every year? That just gets “lost” in poor record keeping?

I don't think it's unreasonable the Stargate program could've been hidden. I just think it is/was a waste of money.

Yet they made the 'joke' literally the climax of the inaugural season? There was some poking fun sure but they were clearly trying to argue that the hyper-diplomatic and benevolent SGC was worthwhile, even if the scale they showed (4 man teams and what not) was off because of TV concerns.

Because wasting half of the episode with Daniel trying to translate what the alien are saying got old fast

I'm sure the politicians could use that money for some pedo rings but I think that exploring the galaxy was a little more important

they showed in the first episode retard, they inject everyone with translater-microbes

that's farscape

because it a tv show not real life you dumb motherfucker

also cos its a tv show, so they cant just become technological gods
its why all the nerd civs have the plot armor of nah ur too dumb to give info too

I like the way Stargate Universe went about it. It's like they were trying something somewhat more realistic. Their first encounter with an intelligent, space-faring, extragalactic species was with aliens that could not speak English.

"Daniel" should have been given to a hispanic actor. Do better.