Why is temple of doom rated as the worst indiana jones (not couting crystal skulls)

Why is temple of doom rated as the worst indiana jones (not couting crystal skulls)

Attached: file.png (696x366, 363.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgAKzMnFrMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You just know..

Attached: kehuyquanreunited.jpg (1200x631, 103.35K)

Willie

snoozefest indian religion.

we need a muslim kino.

>boring location
>no high stakes
>annoying kid
>even more annoying screaming woman

>boring location
It actually gives a lot of soul. Jungles are much more based and mysterious than desert
youtube.com/watch?v=rgAKzMnFrMU

It isn't.

>It actually gives a lot of soul. Jungles are much more based and mysterious than desert
This. Locations can add a lot and nothing is more mysterious than a jungle.

The raft scene is too much, even for a movie with voodoo.

Today from this post you learned that the Indiana Jones flicks are based on old action serials and aren't meant to be taken seriously.

More like the temple of coom

Attached: Kate-capshaw-hollywood-indiana-jones-20-hot-hd-screencaps.jpg (658x816, 119.25K)

Its spelled cereal ESL mother fucker

7/10 got me to reply.

Nice to see Short Round back
Plus he was the best part of Every Reddit at Once movie so its not he's a washed up loser crawling back to an old IP.

>celebration of toxic masculinity
>mighty whitey savior is le good
>sexist depiction of a woman
>racist depiction of other ethnicities

normies have shite taste, ToD is best indy

Attached: 1659619124829.jpg (1280x712, 71.06K)

It's at least as good as the other two.

I think Crusade is the worst because it's largely a retreading of popular moments from the previous two. There's even a Nazi having his face melted off by Judeo-Christian magic. If you sit and watch the first three films consecutively, it becomes easy to see the formulaic, franchise-milking character of the third film.

It is the best. I don't care what faggots say.

they aren't as mean-spirited as temple of doom is which is its best quality

Attached: 1645510952655.jpg (600x338, 53.86K)

Jesus makes you seethe because he is the way.
(The Last Crusade is kino)

Raiders of the Lost Ark took the pulp genre, dressed it up, took itself more seriously, and made the pulp adventure genre into something more glamorous and presentable for the modern cinema audience. It was something that truly transcended its origins and became something that audiences weren't used to seeing for a long time, while having the artistic merit to to deserve everyone's attention.

And then with Temple of Doom, Spielberg and Lucas were just like "Let's go completely throwback this time, and do a campy pulp adventure with no pretenses about trying to be taken seriously." Temple of Doom is disposable crap dressed up in expensive production values. It doesn't deserve to be taken seriously and it doesn't even want to be taken seriously. Lucas, Spielberg and Ford had it in their heads that Indiana Jones would be a campy episodic adventure series. Temple of Doom isn't even really supposed to be a sequel to Raiders and there's hardly any callbacks or continuity with it. That was their vision for the franchise, and if you want a bigger look at what the real plan for Indiana Jones was, look at the Young Indiana Jones TV series. That's basically what the plan was for the movies, but the fans hated Temple of Doom so much that they went into damage control and made The Last Crusade which plays out like an actual sequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The Indiana Jones franchise has been damaged goods since Temple of Doom and that's the sad fact of the matter. They had a poor vision for what they wanted the franchise to be, and that's why it's never had the same staying power as other perennial IPs like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

Attached: Loggin.jpg (202x317, 44.34K)

Muslims are wack tho. Don't feature them in art, period. Their desert religion makes them short circuit and go homocidally crazy at the drop of a pin, so I don't want to watch them or be near them.

You know, you're right. The opening scene does stomp on most scenes from either in comparison. Accidentally punching the hat check girl was also a nice signal that dumb broads need not complain, this is man's entertainment. I mean that unironically.

>Why is temple of doom rated as the worst indiana jones
I never heard about this, is it really rated that bad? Imo there's an equal sign between the first three movies i can rewatch them anytime and still enjoy it

No Nazis

indy punching that woman right in the face with no regrets is the perfect example of spielberg and lucas giving zero fucks during ToD. they genuinely tried to be as mean as possible with indy 2 and that is why it is my favorite

>that's why it's never had the same staying power as other perennial IPs like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

It's also much more repetitive than either of those IPs, and in every film you get the sense that the story doesn't really matter, that it's little more than a pretext for setting up action sequences. The narratives of LOTR and (OT) Star Wars are more substantial, more deserving of attention. The Ring is not just an archaeological macguffin; the Force is not a generic supernatural element that only becomes important at the end like the Ark or the Grail.

Lucas said he was going through a divorce and that added to the dark feel.
It's settled, then, ToD is the best Indiana Jones film as this post is binding.

She single handedly ruined the movie.

Attached: 1646356437941.jpg (616x478, 55.25K)

>t. Hugh Moe Sexual.