So this is one of the best modern masterpieces of all time, right?

So this is one of the best modern masterpieces of all time, right?

Attached: p10488558_p_v12_ai.jpg (1920x2880, 738.8K)

jazz is annoying

Even if modern cinema wasn't in such a dire state, I would agree

I like to imagine they became best buddies after all that. Hung out, had beers you know.

it's great. good film to remind me of my mediocrity

Must’ve been written by a total faggot because the scene where JK smacks the kid is so unrealistic I had to turn it off right there. What kind of plant burger protag lets himself get physically assaulted and doesn’t immediately strike back or leave?

Cuz you have to be pushed to the limit to break past it

It's really not, I used to really like it but nowadays I just find it too over the top, the yelling and insults feels honestly forced and psychotic, no music teacher acts like this.
And what I've noticed down the line is that stress and anxiety is far more pronounced when you're rejected in a silent/subtle way, but when someone just keeps yapping at you at some point you stop caring.
anyway for me picrel is the best film of the 2010s

Attached: 1558341426291_0620x0435_0x0x0x0_1573329890067.jpg (620x435, 65.5K)

Horse shit. Nobody smacked Paul McCartney to make him play better, he had talent and practiced.

It's not even Miles Teller's best film.

>no music teacher acts like this

It's not a doco, bud.

I wish someone did, then maybe his songs wouldnt still be shit when Im 64

Attached: 5d7a50c46f24eb00636da887[1].jpg (600x450, 32.54K)

>Nobody smacked Paul McCartney to make him play better, he had talent and practiced.
That's what makes the movie pretty retarded, it would make more sense if it was ballet or something.

I'm convinced people who like this movie got abused by their parents and are still justifying it. Even football coaches know it's retarded to senselessly beat down their players to "toughen them up". It doesn't work and just makes the players hate the coach.

>And what I've noticed down the line is that stress and anxiety is far more pronounced when you're rejected in a silent/subtle way, but when someone just keeps yapping at you at some point you stop caring.
true, nothing is more stressful than not knowing what you did wrong to be denied something, at least Fletcher is very straightforward about what he wants from his drummers.

Was he rushing or dragging?

>It doesn't work and just makes the players hate the coach.
Eventually they'll become so jaded and hardened to the abuse that they'll perform like shit on purpose to spite them.

NOT MY

>get rejected without knowing why
>move on with your life and perhaps find better opportunities
vs
>keep getting treated like a subhuman for your mistakes
>destroy yourself trying to live up to the standards of your abuser
at the end of the day it's just a matter of being proactive vs passive, people who put up with Fletcher tier behavior are the type who are too afraid to venture on their own in life and try to find other ways, they believe that life is some linear progression where they'll eventually make it if they put up with enough shit from others.
people need to have some self respect

>I bang drum
If you're a brainlet

It's a very good movie, but it's an easy movie to pick out the unrealistic parts of. You just have to go with the idea that it takes place in a sort of hyper reality, where you can make a life out of big band jazz drum competitions. I've watched plenty of anime though where the world revolves around more inane things.

You can like a film that portrays bad things user, in fact it is kinda the point of a lot of them. Sometimes people even like films that depict things outside of their own experiences.

Wow it's almost like you figured out what makes a movie a movie.

Yeah, but for some reason, a lot of people take issue with this particular one. I think it's cause it covers a subject that's more easily penetrable. Plenty can watch a dumb action movie with terrible pseudo science, and not blink.

Because a lot of people are morons.

Well yeah but I'm talking about the logic of the scene, that such a respected music expert who's introduced as a great teacher would do something like that, and the kid's (non) reaction. I just didn't have any interest in either character after that.

i dont see why they couldnt, fletcher seemed pretty likeable outside his teaching and neeman had finally gained his respect