The day that vidya finally surprised film as kino

The day that vidya finally surprised film as kino

Attached: FE87BCD7-BDFC-468F-BB7C-C9637D64F8CA.jpg (1200x1502, 158.66K)

>vidya
>kino

These terms are so gay. No wonder you're saving money to pay a doctor to cut off your dick

Attached: 1645459541321.webm (1280x720, 940.55K)

How does he do it?

Attached: 383968.jpg (720x1080, 131.65K)

surprise hard man

maybe it could've worked better as a kino then, because as a game it's probably the disappointment of the century thus far

his reputation as an innovator got to his head, so he thought he could get away with the most awful, boring and pointless gameplay possible as long as it's different from anything else
wrap it all up with cheap meta-commentary, insert character and a hollywood cast as the characters
he's currently the biggest hack auteur in gaming, poor soul
it will really take a real masterpiece following ds to redeem him

10/10 best game I've ever played

Attached: 2022-09-06 18_10_06-Steam.png (1185x392, 620.7K)

I'm fragile, but not that fragile

la creative dad

Who did it better?

Attached: postman.jpg (1000x1500, 600.11K)

>Shinzo abe killer on the loose

Die-Hardman's confession at the end of the game is one of the best performances I've ever heard in a videogame

Not a high bar but yknow

Tommie Earl Jenkins and Mads killed it

Fuck no. Don't let Any Forums troll you. This game takes the piss on your intelligence.

Death Stranding is a game written by a Japanese man who can't speak English, performed by ELS C-List actors.

I'm not going to post anything about the gameplay il just explain the story

>Mystery and intrigue doesn't exist
>The entire mystery about the world from the BTs, the Rain, the beach, the terrorists is all methodically explained in the first 10 minutes.
Imagine if stranger things explained everything in the first episode. No mystery, no intrigue. Just spoiler.
>The main character Sam has his entire life story, personality and goals also explained from the beginning so you don't learn through watching him act.
>Every new character will monologue their life story when Sam meets them
>Story ends with princess beach stopping an apocalypse that nobody knew even existed, making the entire sequence meaningless nonetheless everybody thinks she's a hero for doing it

Everything about death stranding is tell don't show. There is no filter because there isn't even a story to experience. The game ends before it begins because it had no confidence to organically develop everything.
the story lacks nuance And pacing. It's an obviously unfinished game.
It's not even a smart story, and there's no message. It's just shit.

Death stranding cultists literally cannot explain what is even good about death stranding.

Attached: 1652379860412.jpg (1280x720, 180.58K)

Are you autistic?

>I'm not going to post anything about the gameplay
that's because that itself would expose the game for being abhorrently awful and repetitive

more power to you, your standards for great games must be really... interesting to say the least

It was jarring. you don't see quality acting that often in video games

Are you m8?
Nah this is Any Forums I figured nobody cared. But yes the gameplay is utter shit.

>the challenge of weight is removed because of exoskeletons
>The challenge of carrying large quantities is removed because of vehicles
>The challenge of enemies is removed because weapons are so overpowered
>The challenge of package durability is so miniscule that the challenge never existed
>Boots never break which wastes the entire mechanic
>Delivery grades don't matter
>Ziplines completely break/end the game
>The main objective is to connect every bunker to the network and doing so turns the beautiful landscape into a junkyard full of polluting vehicles and structures. But hey, at least people can stream neonetflix faster.
>Advertising boasted about "advanced weather patterns" but couldn't add a day/night cycle

Basically anything unique challenge the game had is gone before you even experience it. To actually experience any of the advertised gameplay you have to choose to not get in a vehicle, equip an exoskeleton, not carry a weapon and ignore bb. Otherwise it goes from an extreme hiking simulator to "hold forward to win" and never think. Holy fuck is this game poorly balanced. I would have removed exoskeletons and vehicles from the game entirely. And added way more mountains and caves. And different areas with more biomes. The fact that it's just 1 big map that's smaller than New York and we're expected to think it's the entire map of New York is ridiculous. Fucking Kojima is the biggest grifter.

you get many things wrong including "everybody thinks she's a hero for doing it"

if it's not autism then i don't know what it is.

10/10 best movie I ever watched

Most those things like exoskeleton and ziplines don't come until a decent way into the game. So you mean you want traveling to be MORE of a drudge?

He doesn't give a shit and makes what he wants. That simple. I wish more creators in general had half the balls. I don't think there's a single film director working today who has that ambition.

>really... interesting
It's always faggots who hate this game the most. Every single time.

Exoskeletons are given not even 9% of the way into the game.

The entire point was to be a dangerous and difficult journey with realistic climbing and hiking. Sam had to make sure what he was carrying didn't hinder him. It was a gamble if they could make it interesting.
Apparently you and them didn't think it could be, so they ruined it by making the game about speedrunning. Lame

The biggest problem really is that the game is mostly flat land. The game should have been mostly mountains and caverns, without the mountain there's fuckall reason for ropes and ladders. And when you DO get to the 1 fucking mountain they give you ziplines and anti snow exoskeleton that makes it so snow doesn't even exist. Holy fuck. It's just fucking baffling how this game gives the player broken items so quickly and has no confidence in itself.

Also they should have added more breathing mechanics. And calorie checking. When you're on the mountain regulating your breathing should have been a central mechanic. Because Sam can currently go to the top and not be bothered by the lack of oxygen.

DS could have been written a lot better but it was still extremely refreshing and I absolutely loved it. I've been playing vidya for 20+ years and at this point all I want is something different, which DS was. I've never played a game like it.

And you've told me nothing of what I was wrong about. Seems you don't know what you're talking about.

>mostly flat land
At first glance. Fucktons of crags and canyons all over the place, and even supposedly flat land could be a real cunt to balance on. I remember one seemingly open field that was effectively a labyrinth.

my bad, i should have just said nigger faggot tranny and posted a soijak
now go make another delivery sam bridgenigger

This game is a masterpiece ( I played the Director's Cut on PS5 on my 65" OLED) and if you dont like it it means you're a pleb npc.

>a silent faulty feeling...

Attached: 1576460344305.gif (498x401, 293.6K)

You don't earn good money, do you? I can tell.

Really? What was so different? The fact that it spoiled the entire story in the beginning or the fact that all gameplay mechanics can be ignored. Really what is so unique about it.

better story and gameplay can be found in ghost of tsushima. Or metal gear rising. Or sekiro. Hell, journey did walking better. Lisa told a better story of redemption. Undertale wasn't the first but definitely did the best at twisting video game narratives.

What did death stranding even do?

You're gay, I get it. Everybody gets it.

At first glance for sure. But then it becomes few and far between. And then you realize that they're so infrequently used that they can be avoided entirely.
I wish it did more user, that's all I wanted.

I never attacked you did I? I never insulted anyone for liking death stranding.
I enjoyed death stranding, but I'm still disappointed. It was close to being perfect. Hell if I had 1 month incharge I could implement all my desires changes in a single patch.

attacking my character isn't going to refute my points that the game failed to pace itself.

but thats not The Last of Us

They surpassed film a long time ago. Film hasn't been good since 2007.