World War Z

>you will never see French firefighters trying to clear the catacombs in chainmail and scuba gear with nothing but WWI era trench raider weapons while trying to avoid death via drowning
>you will never see scots using old castles and medieval tactics to fight off the horde
>you will never see the battle of Jerry Seinfelds mansion
>you will never see the battle for Yonkers
>you will never see the battle for Black Rock
>you will never see Russian radio operators comitting suicide after hearing the last person alive in Buenos Ares sing on the radio before the transmission was lost indefinitely
>you will never see Australian astronauts observe China collapsing due to the monolithic number of dead overwhelming the country
>you will never see a hikimori track the collapse of society via Any Forums then attempting to escape his apartment via sheets
>you will never see the Israeli Civil War
>you will never see wheelchair based room clearing with .22 caliber rifles
>you will never know why the entirety of North Korea disappeared
>you will never see the US Military return to the old Union colors and use line battle tactics to take back middle and eastern America
>you will never see Russian soldiers fighting in modern ratnik gear mixed with rotting WWII era coats and weapons attempting to take back eastern Russia
>you will never see deep sea divers and submarines encounter literal kilometers of infected populations wandering the ocean floor
Want went wrong?

Attached: 1637476386543.jpg (319x499, 41.36K)

>Pages: 342

The movie adaption was potentially the biggest slap in the face and worst book to film movie ever made

How could they even call it World War Z?

It followed nothing from the source material

Attached: 25748C33-BF79-46FD-B4D3-5104A6E949EA.jpg (1127x855, 608.51K)

Should be a netflix anthology

Max Brooks took the money and didn't try to stop it.

For that, I cannot blame him

All that shit sounds retarded. Was this "book" written by reddit?

It's one of the few books that should instead be experienced in audiobook format. It is presented as a series of audio interviews after all and cast is pretty great.

Nothing should be a Netflix anthology, least not beloved books

Attached: D33D8618-B9F3-4555-AC5D-F47C83978DB3.jpg (550x697, 92.08K)

What's everyone's favorite little scenes or moments that you'd want to see?
>The solider who is forbidden by her commanding officer from rescuing her K-9 partner so she jams her rifle in his mouth and empties the clip
>The Ukrainians (I think?) nerve-gassing survivors crossing a bridge to find out which ones were infected

>mfw Indian general

Attached: king-blacky knight stand.gif (500x296, 1.01M)

Indians nerve gas the bridge...i think.

I pictured it in my head as a Bollywood movie, it was kino as fuck

Kys

the russian girl who gets caught up in decimation then turns into a baby-making machine for the new holy russian empire which only allows intercourse for the purpose of procreation in the missionary position with the lights on and hand-holding

Attached: 1644705877564.webm (980x720, 1.96M)

>you will never see a hikimori track the collapse of society via Any Forums then attempting to escape his apartment via sheets
>you will never see the Israeli Civil War
>you will never see the US Military return to the old Union colors and use line battle tactics to take back middle and eastern America
>you will never see Russian soldiers fighting in modern ratnik gear mixed with rotting WWII era coats and weapons attempting to take back eastern Russia
Never say never, user.

Brooks sold the rights to Brad Pitt's production company. Original versions of the script had closer ties to the book. But then Pitt got more closely involved, decided to star in it and his ego got in the way. A bunch of rewrites under his direction later and we got the shitshow of a film.

>throws away original book and burns trash can
>rewrites it from scratch

Yonkers (yeah, pretty standard response), with the stranded pilot who has to get out of a swamp and is helped by a radio operator

The chick that crashes her helicopter in the swamps of Louisiana and goes batshit insane talking into her broken radio while having a low speed zombie chase due to her broken leg.

>you will never see deep sea divers and submarines encounter literal kilometers of infected populations wandering the ocean floor

That's scary as fuck, I never knew I wanted this

There was no radio operator user, she had a schizoid break and was imagining shit.

I was trying to keep it vague to avoid spoilers but yeah

>>you will never see Russian soldiers fighting in modern ratnik gear mixed with rotting WWII era coats and weapons attempting to take back eastern Russia

dunno but have you seen news past half year?

It's been sixteen years and this man still respects the spoilers. That's what's up.

>be nuclear submarine submarining
>hear scraping sounds coming from outside
>it's thousands of zombies biting the hull

Bump