Was he evil or did sauron just corrupt his mind?

Was he evil or did sauron just corrupt his mind?

Attached: 04_Sharkey.jpg (600x300, 30.62K)

YHWH hardened his heart

He was named Sauron's-man by God. He was doomed from the start.

He gradually became evil throughout time.
First through envy and jealousy of Gandalf, and of how superior and favoured he was.
Second through the desire to learn the lore of the Rings of Power; at first in order to defeat Sauron, but then for the desire to supplant him and to gain more power.

Attached: Christopher_Lee_as_Saruman.jpg (360x360, 21.48K)

>Gets corrupted
>Wear a goddamn rainbow robe

What did Tolkien mean by this?

He was named Sauron's Man of Many Coloureds.
It was his fate to facilitate mass immigration to the Shire.
He knew without this, The West would not survive.

>Sauron
>Saruman

BRAVO, TOLKIEN!

>man works for Sauron
>named Sauronman
Bravo, Tolkien

He was white but then Sauron broke him, refracting the white into its component colours.

He thought it was hopeless so decided to side with him out of self preservation; he was corrupted by sauron to think this way yes, but his spirit was weak and was unworthy hence ilúvatar granting Gandalf white wizard status upon his resurrection

It was in Unfinished Tales. He did not find Isildur's body but, as he was searching for the One in the Anduin river, he had found Isildur's Elendilmir.

Isn't he and Sauron was brothers?

He was legit insane. His reasoning to Gandalf was that Sauron was too powerful to defeat and so lets just join him LMAO. In reality Sauron was still weak and defeatable by Gondor and Rohan, never mind help from the dwarves and elves. Saruman fucking with Rohan was the primary thing that almost let Sauron almost succeed conventionally.

Note, I'm just going off the movies.

In one of Tolkiens books I think it's the lost tales its said he found Isildur body and looted his his valuables, and when Aragorn was cleaning up Orthanc after the war he found an ancient heirloom of his House that's been missing since Isildur died.
its also implied Saruman burned Isildur's body and that is why no one had found his body

So Saruman has always been a shady guy

>Deleted for no reason
What.

>. In reality Sauron was still weak and defeatable by Gondor and Rohan

This isn't true in the books, and I doubt either in the movies.

remade the post I made a few mistakes.
I found this quote on tolkien gateway

>After the War of the Ring the tower of Orthanc was opened, for King Elessar desired its restoration. Behind a hidden door in a steel closet was found Isildur's Elendilmir. It was surmised that Saruman had found the bones of the long-lost king and had taken the mithril fillet with its jewel for his own, possibly destroying the king's remains afterwards.[6]

All his power was put into the ring, which is why it took centuries to have a corporeal form even, which is why he had to slowly corrupt man and poison the minds of others in the shadows. He was incredibly weak, literally the most basic surface level stuff

Yes his 'pride' turned him rainbow

he was a chud

What military strength does Sauron even have in the movies? He just has the legions of shit tier orcs in Mordor plus the Ring Wraiths. It's a big army, but a Rohan unmolested by Saruman + Gondor would probably probably able to take it.

>duplication of a villain
>duplication of a conflict
>duplication of a kingdom
What did he mean by this?

He had the easternlings as well, but you are right regardless

Bro, rewatch the movies. Even after the orcs besieging Minas Tirith are wiped out by deus ex machina ghosts he still has tens of thousands in Mordor, plus we don't know if his allies from Harad were completely wiped out.

Even if Rohan's army was at full force during the siege they'd still take great casualties in the siege, especially without ghosts.

Well he just had the orb so on the concern he was controlled frm tht time