What are the most meticulously accurate period films? Any period really...

What are the most meticulously accurate period films? Any period really, as long as there was lavish production and research for historical accuracy.

Attached: golden-edge-tricorn.jpg (1000x1300, 117.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wiok2I3al7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Master & Commander?

Attached: master_and_commander_the_far_side_of_the_world_xlg.jpg (999x1500, 268.5K)

Any contemporary piece that would now be considered a period piece. The sopranos captures the urban north Jersey vibe of the 00s perfectly. Anything trying to not be contemporary will almost always fail, but obv still produces kino in other ways.. check out the John Adams miniseries

Time Bandits

minority report
idiocracy

Titanic. Maybe not the romeo and julliet love story, but James cameron was literally autistic enough to have replicas of the plates that the White star line used back in 1912. He had them print the right logo on the plates and everything.

The dive footage around the shipwreck is real, too

This.

>Foightin' raaand th'world

Apocalypto?

Barry Lyndon

would be perfect not for that final 10 minutes where the doctor joins the boarding party
the ships surgeon would ALWAYS be below deck in an engagement both for his safety and so where wounded men knew where to find him

John Adams
Das Boot

Could be wrong but I remember hearing people say that The Witch is pretty accurate.

As is The Northman and The Lighthouse, this is one of Eggers' trademarks.

Waterloo (1970), very recommended.

Eggers was visibly uncomfortable talking about how "not every single hairstyle in this scene is historically accurate" when asked about the berserkers with long hairs, he clearly cares a whole lot about accuracy

Attached: koryos moment koryos moment.webm (1280x640, 2.8M)

The director said if they used the historical haircut no one would take the character seriously.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wiok2I3al7E

I mean there have always been people who just said "fuck it" and let their hair grow out long, usually to make helmets more comfortable to wear, for heat or protection etc,
but the historical haircut would be something akin to this (that they had in Vikings in the 1st season, before the show went full LARP)

Attached: Björn Vikings season 1.jpg (900x506, 75.4K)

Yeah I could imagine mostly nobles had to keep a certain look, your average commoner didn't need to give a fuck. Apparently they think this bowl cut was the most popular though

Attached: bowlingboy.png (1661x645, 1.27M)

>lavish production
This is the second time I've seen this meme term.

the funny thing about being historically accurate is that it would often look better than muh modern larp, and even be cheaper in some terms
(not counting chainmail!)

War and Peace

Attached: 288910080.jpg (1200x800, 159.16K)

Yeah but that's just "accuracy"; the fuck does that have to do with being "lavish" as if they're serving fucking champagne in tuxedos at the craft table.