I'm not drinking fucking merlot

i'm not drinking fucking merlot

Attached: 625707_025.jpg (320x240, 44.42K)

merlot is way better than cabernet sauvingnon tho. i'd take it over a malbec as well

Attached: image_2022-09-08_212901883.png (1452x1081, 1.13M)

Syrah and Petite Sirah are where it’s fucking at

japs made a better remake of this

A misconception about the movie is that Miles doesn't drink Merlot because he didn't like it. The book reveals that Merlot reminds him of his ex, not because he dislikes the wine itself.

there's only two types of wine, wine that goes with spaghetti and wine that doesn't go with spaghetti

>over a malbec
my buddy and I used to do deliveries out of our cars for this medium sized alcohol distro business and they pretty much only dealt in malbecs from Argentina and flavored vodkas (for whatever reason). every Friday they'd hook us each up with a case of one or the other for free. we always chose the malbecs. I never drank wine (not really) before or ever, since... but fuck man that shit was so good and got me so fucking drunk. malbec is the one of the few truths of alcohol that shit is delicious

Attached: 1662692393251.jpg (540x960, 87.81K)

fucking kino line

You're wrong cab is superior red. Also Malbec is shit tier despite their being good ones

Cab has a 'wooden' taste to it i dislike.. merlot tastes more in line with how i like wine.
Also
>you're wrong
It's entirely subjective my guy

it’s kino. pinot is kino. anyone posting otherwise is a tranny. cope seethe dilate

Sideways is on my short list of perfect films. Never puts a foot wrong. Comfy too

De gustibus non est disputandum. That said, all the varietals have their place. Next to a steak a cab is hard to beat. For stews (that are not burgundy based), merlot generally works better.

For my tastes more often than not I'll go for a rhone blend, just because they haven't really gotten to the bordeaux and burgundy pricing levels, but all else being equal there is a time and place for all wine varietals.

this is true. but what’s weird is i’ve met 2 women. perfect girls right. then i watch this movie right. next thing i know they’re blowing me off and i turn into miles. it’s like a bad omen or something. i just gotta watch this when w*men aren’t around

It's a great movie. There's nothing better to watch when I'm slightly (or more than slightly) drunk and feeling melancholic. I was also in college and dating a girl from Buellton when the movie came out so it has a kind of special resonance for me in being able to transport me back to my carefree and happy youth.

absolute kino movie. i can watch it any time

I love this movie so much and wanted to watch it so bad with my ex girlfriend. I'm glad I never did because she'd probably hate it being about two older white guys with one cheating on his spouse kek

Petrificus totalus.

I work with a couple vineyards in the santa ynez valley. We get sideways pilgrims all the time, people will recreate the movie trip. they used to put up banners to remind you that this is the same place in sideways.

For me, it's carmenere

even the restaurant too, right? I always wondered if that place was any good

>"Merlot is bad because a fictional character portrayed by Paul Giamatti said so"
The '00s were wild