I was never into zombie films but decided to watch this on a whim last night. Holy shit it was good

I was never into zombie films but decided to watch this on a whim last night. Holy shit it was good.

What are some other zombie kino?

Attached: p8718_p_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 554.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MFUr-0PERJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dead Alive is the penultimate Zombie Flick.
Watch other stuff first, because It might ruin other zombie movies for You.

Attached: 1660381050941.jpg (1023x1500, 459.83K)

I meant ultimate, not penultimate

Give the two other Return of the Living Dead films a go. Second is more of the same but I still enjoy it. Third film is a mindfuck departure from the comedy into a more serious romantic/dramatic horror film, it never gets brought up but it's still a solid film with some based pratical effects.

Attached: 289742.jpg (1920x1080, 904.01K)

Reanimator, Living Dead series, Shaun of the Dead, Zombie Flesh Eaters, City of the Living Dead, and Dead Snow are fun.

For what it is, nothing measures up to Return of the Living Dead. Check out One Take of the Dead (but don't read anything about it and just go with it for the first 40mins...you're going to think it's shit but it shifts and becomes great).

Attached: ototd.jpg (566x800, 206.75K)

I’m gonna get a lot of hate, but I liked Army of the Dead. It’s a weirdly high polished schlocky movie. Like if Roger Corman somehow got s good budget. It’s honestly kinda batshit and I like that, because to keep the weirdness keeps it fun. Pregnant zombie, UFOs, robot zombies, the time loop. At first glance it just seems dumb, but at closer look it’s so dumb it goes right around to being cool again.

That could be true but it doesn't lean into how dumb it is because its not aware of it. It might age into camp but it's unlikely. It's more like a bad blockbuster that flopped and no one remembers. 3/10.

youtu.be/MFUr-0PERJc

You should definitely check out Zombi (1979).

It's a cult classic in the zombie film world. The gore scenes are absolute kino.

Attached: Zombie.jpg (1000x1586, 368.16K)

Night of the Creeps
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island

Seconding Shaun.

Attached: CEA9D17B-F31A-4F96-9ACE-CD1DF77B4C0F.jpg (1400x2100, 561.5K)

Supposedly the sequel and prequel anime are going to lean into the weirdness. If that’s the case, then it’ll retroactively made Army better. It not, then it’ll mean it sucked all a long. Because the characters were genuinely stuck in a time loop - the fourth loop by the time of the film, there were robot zombies within the zombie horde for some unknown reason, and aliens are involved somehow given the zombies from from Area 51 and we briefly see multiple UFOs in the sky at the start.

kino

Dead Alive is good at what it does which is camp and gore, but I wouldn't call it the ultimate zombie film

Best zombe mvie of the last 10 years

>What are some other zombie kino?
return of the living dead part 2
excellent
>Reanimator, Living Dead series
great
>Shaun of the Dead
GARBAGE REDDIT SOI-HORROR FOR FAGS AND WOMEN
>Zombi
bretty good

>Army of the Dead
>robot zombies
>time loop
What? Where the fuck where those in the movie?

I wish I was in the universe this user comes from.

Second one is shit and more of the same makes it worse. Less gore. Same two retards from the first movie, kiddie characters, electricity instead of fire. The only thing I liked were the bullies becoming kid zombies.
3rd one is a massive improvement, Necropolis and Rave to the grave are fun, although stupid SciFi channel movies.

>Second one is shit and more of the same makes it worse
go fuck yourself its literally the best of the return of the dead series

>all caps angry response
Holy Reddit

Kid appeal sanitized version with repeat characters is your favorite? The first movie already does everything the sequel did, but better, and 3 has great gore and effects. All 2 has is cringey, groan-inducing quips.

The time loop is only alluded to. They find the bodies of a previous group and the black guy makes a sarcastic comment that maybe it’s actually them and they’re in a time loop. The evidence we have is that the corpses are actually dressed exactly like the crew with one difference. A necklace. A corpse is wearing a necklace with three loops on it, whereas the corresponding member of the crew has a necklace with four loops. Each loop represents the next cycle of the group.
And there’s also robot zombies. Pic related

Attached: 07183E77-9013-48C9-AB3B-57863F61543D.jpg (1280x720, 124.21K)

Just watch the classics:
Night of The Living Dead is absolute kino.
Day of the Dead is very good.
Dawn of the Dead is meh.

>GARBAGE REDDIT SOI-HORROR FOR FAGS AND WOMEN
Hey kid,have you seen a doctor about that lack of taste?
Seems terminal from here

This is a must-watch.