Why do the Star Wars Prequels have legions of defenders, but Crystal Skull doesn't...

Why do the Star Wars Prequels have legions of defenders, but Crystal Skull doesn't? George Lucas wrote it and made it about aliens.

Attached: part time.jpg (1280x720, 97.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSkT8z84LKM
youtube.com/watch?v=B9NYH3NQwgc
youtube.com/watch?v=UD8tounIou4
youtube.com/watch?v=gfMoXBOjWBM
youtube.com/watch?v=D_2bluVPsb0
youtube.com/watch?v=pLrkl4ho3ro
youtube.com/watch?v=_7xKCK1Ojuo
youtube.com/watch?v=IIQVAShJzLo
youtube.com/watch?v=smpe0m4RD0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don’t know why honestly. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the second best one after Temple of Doom.

I oughta set this whole section of Any Forums on fire, just to be sure.

All of the blue boards should be purged.
4channel was a mistake.

Because very few zoomers saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Aliens don’t really fit with the series otherwise supernatural themes.

Because Crystal Skull sucked

It is reported that after President Barack Obama watched a special screening of Crystal Skull, he privately spoke to George Lucas and said, ‘You don’t know how to make movies.’

What? It did 790 million.

> Raiders = Great
> Doom = Very Good
> Crusade = Great
> Skull = Very Good

Cons
> Shia swinging on vines.
> Fridge survival.
> Cate's death with her eyes bursting into flames was weak.
> Arguably too much CGI (never bothered me)
> Pushed Shia a little too much.

Pros
> Opening in Area 51 was solid.
> Shia was shockingly decent, note the scene with him getting emotional while visiting the asylum cell Oxley stayed in.
> I actually like them switching to a sci-fi mystery to change it up from the previous supernatural elements. Fits the 1950s time frame.
> Cate was the best villain of the series. Her speech to Indy about brainwashing America was great.
> Loved the moment with Indy completely baffled about the skull turning to Shia and saying "What is this thing?", Chilling.
> Good overall mystery

Because the prequels were something you knew were going to happen for decades. Even if you did not like them, by the sheer virtue of the way the film episodes were numbered, you knew there were going to be three more films eventually.

Crystal Skull isn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be, but unlike the prequel trilogy, Crystal Skull was just kind of unnecessary. Sure it's nice Indy got to marry Marion and have a kid, but we didn't need it. Last Crusade ended perfectly, Indy and company riding off heroically into the sunset. I still liked Crystal Skull's ending, but not anywhere near as much as Crusade's.

CGI. Awful fridge nuke scene. LaBeouf. CGI Tarzan scene. Stupid plot. The entire movie was one cringe thing after another

>No "Sean Connery offscreened to old age" con
>Crusade below Skull
Hang yourself

My biggest issue was the switch from Nazis to Soviets. I’m not a leftpol stalinist; it just doesn’t make sense. The nazis we’re obsessed with mystical esoterica and really did bankroll expeditions to find ancient magical artifacts and shit, whereas the soviets were too busy trying to technocratically increase grain production and kill monkeys by shooting them into space.

Who else would you suggest as a big bad?

Phantom Menace is kino
youtube.com/watch?v=jSkT8z84LKM
youtube.com/watch?v=B9NYH3NQwgc
youtube.com/watch?v=UD8tounIou4
youtube.com/watch?v=gfMoXBOjWBM
youtube.com/watch?v=D_2bluVPsb0
youtube.com/watch?v=pLrkl4ho3ro
youtube.com/watch?v=_7xKCK1Ojuo
youtube.com/watch?v=IIQVAShJzLo
youtube.com/watch?v=smpe0m4RD0M

It's set in the late 50s.

>Indy is old and cringe instead of masculine
>communists I love these guys
>no cool religious story just I heckin love science reddit garbage
>part time
>stupid cgi ants bullshit
>Harrison Ford looks like he needs to change his diapers every time he swings the whip
>movie was fucking boring and dumb and had no memorable scenes

Argentinian Nazis

That's kind of why they went with aliens. It was a scientific endeavour. 'These aren't gods, they are enlightened peoples ruled by scientific knowledge'. I don't care for the use of aliens but using Soviets with aliens is very logical.

Ratline Nazis in Argentina and southern Brazil. But Indy has an ex-Nazi on his team who is working for the US (someone brought in under Operation Paperclip).

>My biggest issue was the switch from Nazis to Soviets. I’m not a leftpol stalinist; it just doesn’t make sense.
Question. Have you not played Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, about Indy racing against the Soviets to uncover the secrets of a race of interdimensional beings?