The Hobbit would have been a masterpiece if it was 1 movie. What possessed Jackson to make 3?

The Hobbit would have been a masterpiece if it was 1 movie. What possessed Jackson to make 3?

Attached: A9550584-A588-4A23-AC5D-B62F2434A6A9.jpg (2048x1152, 524.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it wasn't his decision. the studio wanted 3.

He wanted 2. Studio wanted 3.

tl;dr: studio meddling

watch this instead

maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit

It was greedy execs at the studio, not Hackson. Guillermo Del Toro was supposed to direct the Hobbit before he bailed.

>The Hobbit would have been a masterpiece if it was 1 movie.
it literally wouldn't. Tonally it's pure garbage on the level of mcu.

There are some fan edits that make it one film. I don't know if they keep the nigs in but I hope they are removed. Pretty much my only complaint.

He didn't even want 2, that was the Studio when it was still Del Toro making it. Del Toro only wanted 1 because he felt that's all he needed.

tonally it's a good book adaptation

It’s honestly really funny. Each LOTR book is over twice the size of the Hobbit. They stuffed a massive amount of content into 3 movies and then dragged a small amount of content out over another 3.

I only remember a one-second shot of a female nig in laketown, anything else?
the maple edit is a solid 7/10. nowhere near as good as lotr but very watchable

why didnt they make each book 1.5 movies

monayyy

Because it was real.

Attached: aeb5c2db05a14c3cfcf1a73a97ffb951.jpg (891x1256, 150.37K)

There may have been one, but they definitely showed it more than twice. It's always fourth wall breaking for me when there is blatant real world politics.

How do you add the Quest for Erebor stuff and still make just one movie? Or you don't know what you're talking about? Two maybe but never just one. Dol Guldur and Necromancer not being just a cop out explanation for Gandalf disappearing when it's convenient was a good addition.

Fuck those retarded "fan" edits". Just cutting stuff out is pathetic no effort job.

3 hour movies were already ambitious. Could have had a 4th though.

Did you read the book?

Full editing includes moving scenes around, replacing music in some places, including some deleted scenes and cutting other included ones. In this case there was so much fluff that cutting all that out makes the narrative much more cohesive. changes the focus to strictly Bilbo instead of jumping to Gandalf/Elrond/Galadriel or dwarf flashbacks. The Maple edit does a very good job.

This is a lie, and I don't know why a decade later people are still saying this. Everything is in the behind the scenes stuff in the extended edition.

Del Taco planned to do two movies. One movie would be the Hobbit, and the second movie would be extended universe fan fiction shit that takes place between the Hobbit and LotR. Warner Brothers kept dicking him around on the start date, so he left to go make his fish fucking movie. Jackson came on board and didn't have his usual autistic 3 years of prep time, so he pretty much jumped straight into filming. The plan was to do two movies that covered the Hobbit and the White Council shit. There were two weeks of principal photography left, and he hadn't planned out any of the battle of the five armies. Andy Serkis had unit two just shooting random shit on a green screen while Jackson tried to come up with some battle sequence. He realized that it could not be done in less than two weeks, so Jackson called the studio and lied about having three movies worth of material so he could get more extensive reshoots. Then in reshoots he shot the Smaug scooby doo chase sequence for the second movie, and all of the action sequences for the third movie.

it could easily be made in the same style as lotr trilogy

hobbit was made for a younger audience