Maverick

If Maverick was in an F22, he could have done the whole mission alone.
I still don't understand why they had to use F18s

Attached: 889ABD73-A175-449D-980A-C8E4FC00F0B1.jpg (3699x2388, 1.57M)

>Air superiority fighter for a ground assault mission
You're an idiot.

The pilots are NAVY for one. For Two, the director wanted as much practical footage as possible using real jets and real ships. That means two seater F-18s.

maverick is kino in the current ocean of piss from hollywood but the mission is pretty much what the b2 is designed for.

Attached: R.jpg (2880x1800, 319.09K)

One user told me that they don't use f22 on air carriers. And F35 is top secret so can't film interior

F-22s have been used to drop JDAMs more than anything else in the last 20 years.

>F35
>top secret
isnt this thing being sold to a shitload of other countries?

navy doesn't have f22s, and they wouldn't be able to film actual cockpit shots with f35s because they are single seaters.

The lemon hasn't been top secret for years.

I'm just gonna say it, Russian planes look better

>navy doesn't have f22s,
why wouldnt the actual air force have done it instead?

imagine flying this thing round trip out of missouri just to bomb some savages on the other side of the globe
it is cheaper than a carrier though

Attached: heisenberg.jpg (715x811, 144.62K)

Because they needed to get to their target by carrier, they don't have an air base near. Did you watch the movie?

Where is the entrance on this thing ? tried googling it

>Because they needed to get to their target by carrier,
see

You climb up into it from underneath. It's a lot bigger than it looks.

you didn't try too hard

Attached: 1650262277889.jpg (1600x1048, 304.76K)

looks like ufo

Why is that man so black?

Underneath as the other said.
It's massive, even has a toilet and a small bed for rest/reserve pilot

they accidentally spay painted him black while he was walking on the plane.

The entire setup for the mission is patently absurd. Do you really believe that SAMs and same generation enemy fighters make a target completely impregnable unless you do some Star Wars trench run bullshit? That was all done for a movie. You would hit the SAMs with cruise missiles too not just the airbase. If we go with the premise that the base is too deep for cruise missiles then you would send in B2s with F35s for fighter support and EA18 Growlers for ECM. Plus you'd already have specfor on the ground who would have visually identified targets days earlier and laser designate them if needed or potentially destroy them right as the air strike is incoming. Under no circumstances would you spend 2 weeks teaching pilots to destroy the Death Star when you could just spend that 2 weeks moving the necessary forces into position to do the same job with overwhelming force.

Watching a bloke fly a B2 to Siberia for six hours and dropping bombs from 50,000 feet isn't very entertaining.

that's pretty cool actually

>patently absurd
So are all mecha/mechs/giant robots/etc. It's just the rule of cool taking precedence in storytelling over that akshully types.

Yeah, I said it was just done for the movie.