"NO! You can't have Darth Vader join the dark side for actual emotional reasons...

>"NO! You can't have Darth Vader join the dark side for actual emotional reasons, and reasons common to the human experience! He needs to join them for stupid, superficial and comic book villain level reasons like muh power!"
Out of all the criticisms of the prequels, this is the most stupid and aggrevating one I've ever heard.

Attached: Anakin Vs Obi-Wan .jpg (1600x1200, 268.48K)

>Muh Padme
I guess it wasn't a terrible fall from grace story, but it sure wasn't great either and it didn't really work with some of the stuff Vader says in the OT.
>if only you knew the POWER of the dark side
>join me and end this pointless conflict
>bring order to the galaxy
There's quite a few ways to take this stuff, the comic book 'muahahaha power' is just one dumb example, but the 'I got mad because I lost my true love' backstory retroactively turns all these classic lines into pure cope.

I doubt people said that. Anakins fall was one of the best parts of the prequels.

>Anakin turns dark when Padme is in danger
>Luke hits his darkest point and tries to kill Vader when he threatens Padme
Pottery

People thought they made Darth Vader into a whiney baby.

Lucas achived his goal then. He said multiple times that he wanted Vader to not be seen as a cool villan but a pathetic man that made some terrible decisions and lost it all because of them.

>"Dude suppress your emotions because of a suppressive space cult and never vent them! Surely that won't result in anything bad."

>My mommy who I haven't thought about in years got killed, time to go murder some children

Then I guess he should be okay with his prequels being seen as shitty movies

did you watch the movies? the Jedi were explicitly in the wrong

I need to know every detail about every single iconic injury that resulted in the iconic Darth Vader suit! I need to see them all within one iconic scene!

>Dude suppress your emotions because of a suppressive space cult
user my dude, have you even watched these movies?

Attached: qui-gon death.webm (1280x720, 2.12M)

Most people still don't understand the prequels were meant to show the moral and spiritual degeneration of the Jedi religion and that Anakin was the ultimate product of it.

Works for the other jedi
Suppressing emotions is bad yes but not suppressing them leads straight to the dark side.

This is why grey jedi were invented.

Attached: 1654931594871.jpg (1000x971, 350.15K)

Grey jedi are fanfiction tier most of the time
Their inclusion make the most interesting part of star wars into some boring superpower with no drawbacks

only good thing which came out of star wars is kotor 1 and 2

Attached: b6333117eea24746b991b625abe99a56.jpg (720x1080, 82.22K)

The movies sucked. Star Wars ended 20 years ago. Just let it go, man.

RotS Anakin’s arc makes less sense than whar he has in Clones, which is actually the best part of that movie. The “fear for wife, aggravation at not making master, to still doing the right thing in turning in Palpatine, but then reversing it all irrationally and becoming a mass murderer and having a tranny meltdown” arc isn’t terribly incisive writing.

what is with low t beta males aka gamers and their obsession with a bunch of shitty xbox games?

Attached: Norwood Manlet.jpg (1148x636, 105.49K)

>irrationally
to anakin palpatine was the only way to save padme
I wouldn't call that irrational

It was a bald artistic choice to take the cool dark robot guy and try to add deeper meaning to him as a broaken shell that bares physical and emotional scars of his own bad decisions. Him getting to where he is due to selfless love for another is tragic and unfair in a way, but his ultimate rademption and achieving his goal (he saved his children) is a quite beautyful moment partially because all the added depth.

Attached: 1648270118072.png (1099x1012, 408.47K)

>the Jedi were explicitly in the wrong
Alot of people say this but not really. They don't suppress emotions they're trained to keep them in line and not let their emotions cloud their judgment.

>Star Wars is capeshit
Congratulations. Now you can begin the healing process.