What's the difference?

Explain the difference to someone who's never read the books or seen the movies/shows.

Attached: 90552437.jpg (1280x720, 123.24K)

one is good, the other is bad

this, in that order

left is written by someone with a double digit IQ
right is written by someone with a single digit IQ

left has suspense
right is generic fantasy trash carried by music and cgi

this, in reverse order

Left: A show about political and family intrigue with action sprinkled in
Right: An action show for retards

both are pozzed trash, not worth going in deeper

Left is a soap opera for women and fags
Right is top tier fantasy kino

This but also the first respects and expands on the source material of it's "sequel" whereas the second tries to cram as much woke ideology into its material while ignoring the majority of canon and making stupid decisions to cram in race inclusivity and completely changing backstory for prominent characters in the world.

Left is more political, right is more magical fantasy

The difference is that one of them is like a calm storm while the other is like a mountain that crumbles

>Bold&Beautiful WITH DRAGONS
>Hobbit movies WITHOUT DRAGONS

>HOTD can use what is written in the book that they use as source (Fire and Blood)
>ROP(e) cannot use the books that are source for their story (Silmarillion/ Unfinished Tales), so they had to create an original story only based in a few lines from LOTR and its appendices

I thought House of the Dragon was fan fiction. GRRM approved, but written by a couple of his fans.

People care about Lord of the Ring.

Left is about medieval politics and warfare with a defined beginning and end, right is meandering CGI fantasy nonsense that only exists to farm an IP.

I watch the one on the left but not the one on the right

One is based on a book written by an author who's still alive and has creative input on the show.

The other is based on an appendix of a book written by an author who died decades ago.

left is more visceral, realistic fantasy with political intrigue
right is more magical, elegant and beautiful but slow

One has black characters.
The other has black characters that are being called racial slurs by white bumpkins.

Look at the two general threads on this board for them and you'll get your answer

House of the dragon is composed of people that are fans of one of the people fighting for the throne, along with memes that poke fun but aren't aimed at trying show the series as bad

Rings of power seems to have fewer people, with a good chunk devoted to showing the low quality vs the production value, or just making fun of stuff like lack of rights to source material.

I've only watched House of the dragon and I've liked it thus far. Rings of power looks bad and most seem to dislike it, not just here, but elsewhere too.
I will say I think quality has to do with source material in this case. Game of thrones went downhill when they ran out of books to adapt. Rings of power has some appendices and does not have rights to any actual books (unfinished tales, silmarillion, lost tales, etc) so it's quality will vary widely since writers have to fill in alot of gaps

Attached: the-book-of-lost-tales.jpg (631x1030, 208.18K)

One has pic related and the other has Lawd Dem Rangz

Attached: lady-alicent-hightower-otto-hightower.jpg (1200x675, 142.56K)