Did Robert really slight him by giving him Dragonstone? On one side...

Did Robert really slight him by giving him Dragonstone? On one side, Dragonstone was like a monument of Targaryen power and dominion in Westeros, so giving it to a capable and powerful Baratheon does make sense. On the other, Storm's End is a symbol of Baratheon power and as elder brother between him and Renly, Stannis should of held it, aside from the economic power of being lord of Storm's end. Giving it to a kid like Renly does seem like a slight. Post is Any Forums related btw, as this is officially part of show canon as well.

Attached: 16808037451f4985052e68c22f8e727c.jpg (736x1106, 226.47K)

Dragonstone looks like a huge pain in the ass to live in.

Stannis was a dumb sperg. Robert should have put him in the basement with his favorite lego sets where he could have done no harm.
His whole campaign was a burning dumpster fire.

Dragonstone would normally have been for Robert’s first son. He was just pissed that Stannis didn’t catch Dany in time

He was supposed to be a tactical genius too.

AND STORM'S END

i shubboze BAT'S OFF THE TABLE ASH WELL

Attached: 1500284607084.jpg (559x543, 37.12K)

Traditionally title over Dragonstone was given to the heir to the Iron Throne, as a mark that they were the heir. Stannis could not be the heir so long as Joffrey and Tommen were around, so what was the point of giving him Dragonstone? By itself it’s not a significant holding, especially compared to ruling the Stormlands from Storm’s End.

I thought dragonstone had fuck all for resources besides dragonglass.

Yeah it's a barren rock where nothing grows, why would you want to live there

Stannis believed so, but Robert didn't. Princes of Dragonstone where the heir to the crown, and at the time, Stannis was, so he gave him Dragonstone.

I think it was intentionally a slight, considering Dragonstone was traditionally the seat of the Targaryen heir apparent, it's likely Robert intended to give it to Joffrey when he came of age. Stannis would have been left with nothing.

It was a compliment because Stannis the mannis has stones the size of a dragon's.

While you are right, Stannis was given Dragonstone way before Joff was born so Robert was actually giving Stannis a signal that a Robert sees his middle brother as his heir.
Problems are
1. Stannis was vocal about wanting Storm's End
2. Stannis knew that Robert would have a child sooner or later
3. Stannis felt that Robert ignored his efforts at keeping Storm's End from falling against the Tyrell siege by throwing him into that deserted bumfuck island.
It's misunderstandings from both sides but Robert never had ill will towards Stannis.

Robert hated Joffrey, he admit to Ned that if it wasn't for him, he would have abdicated and fucked off to Essos years ago to live as a mercenary. He just could not stomach leaving such a son on the throne.

Especially if you take in account Robert at the time would not hear about marrying again. Jon Arrys had to insist A LOT to make him marry Cersei.

And I was supposed to have sex in college.

I shuppose

It bugged me to find out Stannis is Roberts younger brother. Everything about him makes more sense to me if he's the oldest Baratheon and had to watch his dumb little brother be king

well it still kind of works because Renly is the youngest.

Why are Stannis and Renly reffer to as "Lords" rather than "Princes"?

It was a place he was sieged in for like a year eating rats, salted fish, and onions. It's the traditional seat of the heir, which he was not (according to Robert). There's nothing fucking there, granted he lived at court in Kingslanding. But what sort of income was he able to get from Dragonstone?

Seems like a snub, basically like,
>you loved Dragonstone do much you sat out the war there, while i was fighting? Fine its yours

because Prince is a title reserved for the King's children.

Stannis wasn't sieged at Dragonstone, he was sieged at Storm's End. That's a big part of his grouse, that he defended the seat of the Baratheons for a year, fending off starvation and mutiny, and then Robert gave it to Renly instead. It would have been a humiliation for Robert if he had lost his ancestral castle while fighting the war, and Stannis prevented that.

Stannis' character is works so well in the show, moreso than in the books. He clearly splits the audience so you know who are good and honest people hwo watched Got and those who are degenerate liberal/leftist goy slaves, i.e.: people who like Dany and Jon.

since fucking when
Bran was a Prince while his brother Robb was a King
also in the new show Deamon is literally the Rouge Prince

Daemon is called a Prince because he was King Jaehaerys's grandson on the male line. Jaehaerys's granddaughter Aemma was not called a Princess because she descended through the female line, and so she was only called Lady Arryn. Idk about Bran, maybe he had to have the Prince title since he was Robb's heir at the time the kingdom was announced.

>Not content with Dragonstone eh Stannis? Fine I’ll give you Storm’s End but you will hold Dragonstone until I produce a son because as of now you’re the heir to the Iron Throne.
How hard is it for Robert to just tell him this? Did he just tell Stannis to fuck off whenever he’s asked about Storm’s End despite GRRM saying it’s not Robert’s intention to slight his brother?

Joffrey was born 12 years before the events of AGOT. So why is Stannis still Lord of Dragonstone?

>sacrifice your child to some eastern god
Yup. Totally not the goy here.