Debut is a comfy mumblecore drama about a friendship falling apart while also known as one of the best uses of...

>debut is a comfy mumblecore drama about a friendship falling apart while also known as one of the best uses of time-travel in film
>follow-up is incomprehensible garbage with zero charm or discernible point
What went wrong?

Attached: MV5BNzU5MTYwNTg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzkxNTUz._V1_.jpg (400x367, 41.36K)

He’s legally insane

I absolutely loved Upstream Color and very much prefer it. But that's just 100% personal and not meant to insist on any objective comparison. They're two very different movies.

Subpar actor, director, writer and composer let the small bit of praise get into his head and think he's a genius

he's a violent psycho

upstream color is 10 times more "comfy" and "mumblecore" than primer was, wtf do you mean.

any director who insists on casting himself in everything is some kind of mentally ill narcissist

Absolute reddit opinion. Primer was epic realistic time travel dreck. UPSTREAM COLOR (2013) is the greatest film ever created.

He wouldn't compromise with the suits and then he got cancelled for being a wife beater

Dear election tourist newfag
We don't talk bad about Shane on this board, ok?
Thanks.

i'm a big fan of his work, and after noticing one day it had been a long time since he had released anything, i tried googling around to see what was up

dude has completely lost it in the intervening years lol

He's not "insane" because that lying bitch made up stories about how I hit her so she could sandbag his life's work. Honestly, even if she is telling the truth she probably deserved it. Based Shane deserves another chance but I hope even if he got it, he would tell all those fucks in Hollywood to shove their funding and their producers up their asses and just do some solo artform like writing. I think that would suit him a lot better anyway.

>He wouldn't compromise with the suits and then he got cancelled for being a wife beater
>dude has completely lost it in the intervening years lol
What the fuck? Fill me in? What happened to Modern Ocean?

Attached: The-Modern-Ocean-Shane-Carruth.jpg (702x336, 41.83K)

>I
good meme

kek

>election tourist newfag
Wake up Shane, it's been almost 6 years since the 2016 election. No one cares about you, even in this shithole

>how I hit her
Hello Shane. Upstream Color sucks.

Primer was never that good. its an incredibly rough film whose "saving grace" if you could even call it that, is time travel autism

based shane destroying thots
upstream color was kino, don't listen to the pleb faggots saying otherwise

His second film is vastly better. Stay filtered.

Upstream color is the best movie ever made. I'm getting close to my yearly rewatch.

I love you Shane

upstream color is like every film student cliche concentrated into one film. shockingly bad

This.

>Modern Ocean never ever
It's over bros...

>Upstream Color is so good that film students all want to copy it, and even before the film was made they were attempting to copy the ideal of it
Based